-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2024, 06:54:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Carnival Of Sound
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Lifetime ban on AGD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lifetime ban on AGD  (Read 275900 times)
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 19, 2016, 07:16:37 PM »

A few things I want to clarify before this thread gets locked.

Firstly, congrats to the people blaming the mods for the state of the board right now. Perhaps this place would be better if we took Andrew’s advice on a board overhaul. You know, the overhaul where he said that all perma-banned members should be let back onto the board? Because I really want to how No Pier Pressure is a “steaming pile of dogshit” again. I really want to see other posters be compared to suicide bombers. I really want to see Debbie KL get harassed in every thread she posts on again. I really want the image of Joe Thomas throwing himself from a high-rise implanted in my mind again. Sarcasm aside, you people are utterly ridiculous. Perhaps it’s the fact that the C50 ended in shambles (to a lot of fans), perhaps it’s the fact that No Pier Pressure was such a divisive album, perhaps it was the slew of Mike Love comments about Brian that got people enraged in the first place over the last few years. Bans had to occur because people were losing their temper. But no, let’s blame it on the mods instead. Unreal…but not surprising in the least.

Secondly. Andrew was banned for writing some very terrible stuff in PMs…whether bullying or potentially libelous information. I know this because (a) I was sent one (b) I’ve heard from two very respected posters about things they were sent regarding Melinda. Heck, RangeRover came out in this very thread and said she got this stuff along these lines. DrBeachBoy you think some posts on this board are libelous? I’d love to see what you think of these PMs then. Anyone who doesn’t believe these allegations (or doesn’t find them damaging enough to warrant a ban) who is also close to Andrew, I suggest you ask Andrew personally if he would be comfortable with these PMs coming out. There’s a reason these were kept “private” in the first place.

Thirdly. This talk about “civility” is repulsive to me in this thread. I suspected that Cincinnati Kid was basing his stance on certain subjects on bad information a couple weeks ago. I gave my two cents about it. Next thing I know Andrew G Doe is taunting me THREE times publicly on the board. He even revived my “goodbye” thread to mock the fact that I came back. And no, I’m not crying or whining about this, just that some of you seem to care so much about this “civility”, yet it’s okay for Andrew to treat people like sh*t even when he’s clearly in the wrong.

Fourth. Some of you are acting like this thread is so incredibly unfair to Andrew because he’s not here to defend himself. Here’s something that’s actually unfair: reading Melinda come under attack in a PM, where she can’t defend herself. This information WAS spread to people, and was Melinda able to defend herself? Was her family when they came under the same attacks? HELL NO! Another thing: some of you in this very thread bitch and whine that OSD and Smile Brian are still apart of this board even though they engage in trollish behavior. You spend a paragraph whining about that, yet nary a word about a NOTED and RESPECTED Beach Boys historian spreading trash about The Wilson family and their friends…no that’s okay, and we need to make a special AGD section, with a referee to make sure he’s telling the truth. You realize how utterly ridiculous that sounds?

Do whatever you want with the thread Billy. But I suggest you and the other mods further detail why this ban took place, because it appears that people here just aren’t getting the severity of this.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126 on: April 19, 2016, 07:21:34 PM »

THANK you. I'm not able to give detailed responses right now because I'm at work but you nailed it. I'm in a pickle in that I have proof,but I can't post it without breaking confidentiality, so I'm 100% reliant on those affected (whether it was harassment PMs, threats, or libelous gossip) by said PMs to give their side. I could solve this real quick by just posting the forwarded PMs I received, but , again, that would violate confidentiality.
But yeah, you hit it out of the ballpark with your response
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 07:23:43 PM by ♩♬ Fear 2 Stop ♯♫♩ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 19, 2016, 07:24:45 PM »

A few things I want to clarify before this thread gets locked.

Firstly, congrats to the people blaming the mods for the state of the board right now. Perhaps this place would be better if we took Andrew’s advice on a board overhaul. You know, the overhaul where he said that all perma-banned members should be let back onto the board? Because I really want to how No Pier Pressure is a “steaming pile of dogshit” again. I really want to see other posters be compared to suicide bombers. I really want to see Debbie KL get harassed in every thread she posts on again. I really want the image of Joe Thomas throwing himself from a high-rise implanted in my mind again. Sarcasm aside, you people are utterly ridiculous. Perhaps it’s the fact that the C50 ended in shambles (to a lot of fans), perhaps it’s the fact that No Pier Pressure was such a divisive album, perhaps it was the slew of Mike Love comments about Brian that got people enraged in the first place over the last few years. Bans had to occur because people were losing their temper. But no, let’s blame it on the mods instead. Unreal…but not surprising in the least.

Secondly. Andrew was banned for writing some very terrible stuff in PMs…whether bullying or potentially libelous information. I know this because (a) I was sent one (b) I’ve heard from two very respected posters about things they were sent regarding Melinda. Heck, RangeRover came out in this very thread and said she got this stuff along these lines. DrBeachBoy you think some posts on this board are libelous? I’d love to see what you think of these PMs then. Anyone who doesn’t believe these allegations (or doesn’t find them damaging enough to warrant a ban) who is also close to Andrew, I suggest you ask Andrew personally if he would be comfortable with these PMs coming out. There’s a reason these were kept “private” in the first place.

Thirdly. This talk about “civility” is repulsive to me in this thread. I suspected that Cincinnati Kid was basing his stance on certain subjects on bad information a couple weeks ago. I gave my two cents about it. Next thing I know Andrew G Doe is taunting me THREE times publicly on the board. He even revived my “goodbye” thread to mock the fact that I came back. And no, I’m not crying or whining about this, just that some of you seem to care so much about this “civility”, yet it’s okay for Andrew to treat people like sh*t even when he’s clearly in the wrong.

Fourth. Some of you are acting like this thread is so incredibly unfair to Andrew because he’s not here to defend himself. Here’s something that’s actually unfair: reading Melinda come under attack in a PM, where she can’t defend herself. This information WAS spread to people, and was Melinda able to defend herself? Was her family when they came under the same attacks? HELL NO! Another thing: some of you in this very thread bitch and whine that OSD and Smile Brian are still apart of this board even though they engage in trollish behavior. You spend a paragraph whining about that, yet nary a word about a NOTED and RESPECTED Beach Boys historian spreading trash about The Wilson family and their friends…no that’s okay, and we need to make a special AGD section, with a referee to make sure he’s telling the truth. You realize how utterly ridiculous that sounds?

Do whatever you want with the thread Billy. But I suggest you and the other mods further detail why this ban took place, because it appears that people here just aren’t getting the severity of this.
Hit the nail on the fuckin head.

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: April 19, 2016, 07:25:58 PM »

Secondly. Andrew was banned for writing some very terrible stuff in PMs…whether bullying or potentially libelous information. I know this because (a) I was sent one (b) I’ve heard from two very respected posters about things they were sent regarding Melinda

Same here (the latter, NOT the former), which put me in a very awkward position as you might guess. Kept quiet because , again, I was told in confidence and I will *not* break that (nor will I ever post specifics, even now).

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 19, 2016, 07:26:50 PM »

The thread never should have been started. If one was started by a member asking what happened, all that needed to be said was that Andrew was banned. End of story. Otherwise, +1 to what rab said. Very well put.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 19, 2016, 07:35:02 PM »

The thread never should have been started. If one was started by a member asking what happened, all that needed to be said was that Andrew was banned. End of story. Otherwise, +1 to what rab said. Very well put.

I think it had to be started because people out there deserve to know that bad information was sent around regarding Melinda Wilson. Who knows how many people that information was directly spread to (and then subsequently sent to). For the sake of Melinda Wilson's reputation I think it had to be outed that information from Andrew G Doe regarding Melinda may not be factual.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2016, 07:37:32 PM »

And before anyone asks, yes, it would've been the same if it was Mike or Jackie getting slandered. I've had to step in a few times there, too.

alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2016, 07:43:17 PM »

This is a thread full of people doing what AGD was banned for.
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2016, 07:44:26 PM »

I think it had to be started because people out there deserve to know that bad information was sent around regarding Melinda Wilson. Who knows how many people that information was directly spread to (and then subsequently sent to). For the sake of Melinda Wilson's reputation I think it had to be outed that information from Andrew G Doe regarding Melinda may not be factual.
Didn't it sort of become public ''info'' as well, in the BW book thread? It got derailed after somebody posted ''insider info'' about what a controlling b*tch Melinda apparently was.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2016, 07:52:55 PM »

No PM abuse is going on in this thread to my knowledge, nor any slander.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2016, 07:55:03 PM »

Didn't it sort of become public ''info'' as well, in the BW book thread? It got derailed after somebody posted ''insider info'' about what a controlling b*tch Melinda apparently was.

That played a huge part in how we got to this point, yes. And for the record, Cincinnati Kid did not get his info from Andrew, but the person he talked to did...

The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2016, 07:55:35 PM »

I'm fine with the ban as long as there is hard evidence of what AGD has been accused of.  The only thing I question is was he ever confronted about this previously?  From what people say this has been going on for a while now.  I think it could have been taken care of before it got out of hand considering this all happened through PMs.  I mean, guitarfool openly accused AGD of the pm issue last year, but I don't have all of the info here.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 07:58:01 PM by The Cincinnati Kid » Logged
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2016, 07:56:56 PM »

I don't see why the fact that AGD was uncivil is an excuse to be uncivil in discussing him.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2016, 07:58:55 PM »

That's actually not what I said, but it got twisted into that. 
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2016, 08:02:24 PM »

No PM abuse is going on in this thread to my knowledge, nor any slander.
No. But some bullying. And bullying about bullying. And bullying moderators to bully bullies.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2016, 08:06:22 PM »

These allegations are certainly not recent, or at least I gleaned that much from Chuck's OP. If that's the case, why did it take so long for people to come forward with this?

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2016, 08:08:51 PM »

I don't see why the fact that AGD was uncivil is an excuse to be uncivil in discussing him.
Exactly! And that is what is so wrong with this place. This place is toxic, no doubt about that. We are a bunch of hypocrites, plain & simple.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2016, 08:09:27 PM »

These allegations are certainly not recent, or at least I gleaned that much from Chuck's OP. If that's the case, why did it take so long for people to come forward with this?

Needed proof from people willing to come forward.  As far as the slander side of it, I had gotten PMs but didn't know they were also being sent to others as well.  In fact, when a 'person' asked me if I had heard of 'such and such' happening a certain way, I initially played dumb.

As for the PM abuse, well, it did.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: April 19, 2016, 08:10:44 PM »

Exactly! And that is what is so wrong with this place. This place is toxic, no doubt about that. We are a bunch of hypocrites, plain & simple.

You know what the best way to fix that is? For *all* of us (you, me, whomever) to make a concentrated effort to change that, starting with ourselves.

Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2016, 08:11:13 PM »

That's actually not what I said, but it got twisted into that. 
Ah, sorry, I was just going off what I remembered.

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2016, 08:11:24 PM »

Just adding up the results.  It seems that while there is a handful of 'winners' here, today, as a result of what has happened...most of us are losers as a result of what it was which ultimately prompted the site protectorate to make the decision that it did.  And the BIGGEST loser of all?  Andrew.

Sadly...no matter the cause or the reasons for what occurred...it HAD to be done.  Billy...I feel your pain brother.  For the 'winners'...I feel YOUR pain as well.  And Andrew...I feel your pain most of all.

Now this...THIS...is the definitive example of what they call a clusterfuck.  Ultimately everybody loses. Sad

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 19, 2016, 08:14:58 PM »

I'll miss Andrew for sure. The mods made the right decision, though. Not an easy one, but the right one.

Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 19, 2016, 08:17:44 PM »

I'm fine with the ban as long as there is hard evidence of what AGD has been accused of.  The only thing I question is was he ever confronted about this previously?  From what people say this has been going on for a while now.  I think it could have been taken care of before it got out of hand considering this all happened through PMs.  I mean, guitarfool openly accused AGD of the pm issue last year, but I don't have all of the info here.

By what we're reading here, apparently GF ws right.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 19, 2016, 08:25:09 PM »

By what we're reading here, apparently GF ws right.
It would seem so. I also agree with whoever said it above that if someone was told something that they now know to be untrue, it might be helpful to say what it was because other people might have been told the same and might still believe it.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 19, 2016, 08:26:04 PM »

The damage most likely has been done. I don't think damage control will mean much after this.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: