-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:44:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Lifetime ban on AGD
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lifetime ban on AGD  (Read 273969 times)
DonnaK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 19, 2016, 02:13:41 PM »

I lost all respect for Andrew when he deleted me as a facebook friend because I didn't believe that Denni Leanne was really Dennis's daughter. We had been friends for some time when this happened. If someone does that to me over a lie then never apologizes, that's it. His ex girlfriend, can't remember her name, did the same thing. AGD thinks he's God's gift to women and Beach Boys fans. Karma is a bitch.
bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 19, 2016, 03:00:32 PM »

« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 07:51:43 PM by bgas » Logged

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 19, 2016, 03:04:17 PM »

I lost all respect for Andrew when he deleted me as a facebook friend because I didn't believe that Denni Leanne was really Dennis's daughter. We had been friends for some time when this happened. If someone does that to me over a lie then never apologizes, that's it. His ex girlfriend, can't remember her name, did the same thing. AGD thinks he's God's gift to women and Beach Boys fans. Karma is a bitch.
We can do without this kind of axegrinding drivel - not relevant to the ban in question and contributing to the speculative tendency of this thread; Billy & Charles, could you please address?

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 19, 2016, 03:05:10 PM »

Well, then the one thing that this exercise has proved, at least to me, is that Private Messages are NOT private. I will never use that feature in here again.

They are as private as the two parties involved in each private conversation allow them to be.  And, while they are a means to share information that shouldn't be shared publicly, they aren't a means to say things that shouldn't be shared anywhere.

Well, in the context that the Mods asked us to use them, then yes, sometimes they can be things that wouldn't be shared here on the board, which is why they asked us to use PM's. Had this been done using email would you ban for the same offense?

I imagine they would've if they involved bullying of any kind.

If you're bullying someone, if it's by PM, then it should be brought to the attention of the moderators. The only reason that this is an issue is because of who it is; it seems a lot of people want to give it a pass because he's a great BB historian. That doesn't give him a right to bully people. To be honest, there were a lot of times through the years that he bullied people right out in the open. Whether you liked him or not (and to be honest here, I didn't care for him for a long while, but sort of grew to like him), you can't claim that that kind of behavior is acceptable.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: April 19, 2016, 03:07:49 PM »

If you're bullying someone, if it's by PM, then it should be brought to the attention of the moderators. The only reason that this is an issue is because of who it is; it seems a lot of people want to give it a pass because he's a great BB historian. That doesn't give him a right to bully people.

Very true.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: April 19, 2016, 03:09:33 PM »

We can do without this kind of axegrinding drivel - not relevant to the ban in question and contributing to the speculative tendency of this thread; Billy & Charles, could you please address?

Yeah, that wasn't needed.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2016, 03:10:42 PM »

Doe's ban is all for the best. Something changed with Andrew in the past three years that made him a bully on the board.

Rock!

Reap what you sow.
(I looked and couldn't find a farmer emoticon)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 03:53:03 PM by Doo Dah » Logged

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 19, 2016, 03:16:21 PM »

If you're bullying someone, if it's by PM, then it should be brought to the attention of the moderators. The only reason that this is an issue is because of who it is; it seems a lot of people want to give it a pass because he's a great BB historian. That doesn't give him a right to bully people.

Very true.
If very true, make sure, then, these rules are governed consistently.  If Andrew has legitimately breached rules and been banned, then so be it; I am not privy to the proof but imagine it cuts both ways - but please ensure the same rules are held up for the other bullies and dubious human being excuses who f*** this place up.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 19, 2016, 03:27:08 PM »

To quote Pretty Funky in the Rocky book thread, "I just think it's a bit rich he joins the board and straight away thinks that earns him the right to insult members and put posters down......That's AGD's gig!  "

This was a funny in Rocky's thread yet sad and very true! AGD became known to some on the board, not as a historian, but a cyber bully. Post something he thought stupid, or a misspelling/typo, and you might well incur his wrath. Some very nice people were attacked.

Though he formally worshiped at the temple of Brian's genius, he apparently did something that ousted him from access to Brian's camp. From then on he promoted ML as a genius equal to Brian. (In my mind, he lost his credibilty then and there. Thus the running joke of him being on Mike's payroll).

Post something negatitve about Mike and you might well get a scathing, nasty PM from Doe.

PMs are private except when someone starts sending unsolicited phony, libel info about other people...

I agree Donna, karma is a bitch!

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 19, 2016, 03:27:29 PM »

Very true.
If very true, make sure, then, these rules are governed consistently.  If Andrew has legitimately breached rules and been banned, then so be it; I am not privy to the proof but imagine it cuts both ways - but please ensure the same rules are held up for the other bullies and dubious human being excuses who f*** this place up.
I second that. You don't even need to name names to figure out who they are.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 19, 2016, 03:31:43 PM »

To quote Pretty Funky in the Rocky book thread, "I just think it's a bit rich he joins the board and straight away thinks that earns him the right to insult members and put posters down......That's AGD's gig!  "

This was a funny in Rocky's thread yet sad and very true! AGD became known to some on the board, not as a historian, but a cyber bully. Post something he thought stupid, or a misspelling/typo, and you might well incur his wrath. Some very nice people were attacked.

Though he formally worshiped at the temple of Brian's genius, he apparently did something that ousted him from access to Brian's camp. From then on he promoted ML as a genius equal to Brian. (In my mind, he lost his credibilty then and there. Thus the running joke of him being on Mike's payroll).

Post something negatitve about Mike and you might well get a scathing, nasty PM from Doe.

PMs are private except when someone starts sending unsolicited phony, libel info about other people...

Funny, it don't take much guessing who is pro & con regarding AGD. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 19, 2016, 03:37:22 PM »

To quote Pretty Funky in the Rocky book thread, "I just think it's a bit rich he joins the board and straight away thinks that earns him the right to insult members and put posters down......That's AGD's gig!  "

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 19, 2016, 03:37:48 PM »

DrBeachBoy, sadly, the ends justify the means with some people!
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 03:39:12 PM by OregonRiverRider » Logged

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 19, 2016, 04:00:52 PM »

(sigh) The bigger they are, the harder they fall.

AGD in happier times...

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 19, 2016, 04:10:57 PM »

I really don't like the kicking around someone who's not here aspect of this thread.
Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 19, 2016, 04:14:06 PM »

I really don't like the kicking around someone who's not here aspect of this thread.

+1 (or whatever the kids do these days. Click "Like"? I "like" that?)  Smiley
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: April 19, 2016, 04:16:00 PM »

I agree. This was extremely hard for me, and I'm sick to my stomach over having to do this (literally; this whole thing is playing hell with my ulcer). That said, this decision was not made lightly, and it was the right thing to do, end of story. Not much more to be said.

the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 19, 2016, 04:31:45 PM »

While I'm sure it would just lead to cries of censorship or whatever, I'd consider locking the thread.

And what the heck, just in case that happens, I'll add a few cents. Maybe more than two.

This is a message board. Just a message board. It doesn't matter much in real life. It's great fun, and as one of the people who was here from the start (and around its predecessors for a couple years--not as long as some, but longer than most), obviously I enjoy it here (sometimes? most of the time?). But it doesn't matter. People come, people go. Boards come, boards go. There is a ton of knowledge to be worked out, and there is a lot of fun to be had working it out. (I'm thinking of the great vocal thread, for example.) There are other topics being discussed, whether in the general music forum or the sandbox, by some really smart people. There is music being shared by talented board members.

A lot goes on, and will continue to go on, either on this board or--if the doom-and-gloomers are right--somewhere else. One ban won't break the internet. Banned people are still online elsewhere. Life goes on for them and us until it doesn't, but let's not over-dramatize. It just doesn't matter that much.

Mods do their jobs as well as they can: it's absurd to think there's some secret cabal in which they're trying to f*** some segment of us. Members mostly are cool, participating in discussions they want to and avoiding those they don't. A few pests pop up here and there and that's just the internet. Stop me if you've heard this before, but it just doesn't matter that much. It's tedious that a few people seem so wholly dedicated to worshiping or damning this or that band member or fellow board member, but that's life: there are pathetic assholes everywhere. But also let's not pretend the board was some haven until recently. There were always fights. Fights killed and birthed other boards. Whatever. (Insert "doesn't matter that much" phrase.)

But I agree with those above that an ongoing bitchfest about someone who can't weigh in himself is pretty pathetic. If you find it fun, you may want to mock my dead grandparents, too. Even easier targets, in that they're very unlikely to be posting pretty much everywhere else online other than here. (In fact I don't believe any of them were remotely competent on any computer, ever. So it would be REALLY easy.) Dancing on graves might seem fun and it's sure easy, but it's unseemly.

Can we grow up a little? If we're going to be nasty, at least have the courage to be nasty to people still around here. But maybe we can even avoid being nasty to each other quite so often.

Now if you'll excuse me, typing doesn't get me any drunker, so I've got work to do. 

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #118 on: April 19, 2016, 04:38:18 PM »

While I'm sure it would just lead to cries of censorship or whatever, I'd consider locking the thread.

And what the heck, just in case that happens, I'll add a few cents. Maybe more than two.

This is a message board. Just a message board. It doesn't matter much in real life. It's great fun, and as one of the people who was here from the start (and around its predecessors for a couple years--not as long as some, but longer than most), obviously I enjoy it here (sometimes? most of the time?). But it doesn't matter. People come, people go. Boards come, boards go. There is a ton of knowledge to be worked out, and there is a lot of fun to be had working it out. (I'm thinking of the great vocal thread, for example.) There are other topics being discussed, whether in the general music forum or the sandbox, by some really smart people. There is music being shared by talented board members.

A lot goes on, and will continue to go on, either on this board or--if the doom-and-gloomers are right--somewhere else. One ban won't break the internet. Banned people are still online elsewhere. Life goes on for them and us until it doesn't, but let's not over-dramatize. It just doesn't matter that much.

Mods do their jobs as well as they can: it's absurd to think there's some secret cabal in which they're trying to f*** some segment of us. Members mostly are cool, participating in discussions they want to and avoiding those they don't. A few pests pop up here and there and that's just the internet. Stop me if you've heard this before, but it just doesn't matter that much. It's tedious that a few people seem so wholly dedicated to worshiping or damning this or that band member or fellow board member, but that's life: there are pathetic assholes everywhere. But also let's not pretend the board was some haven until recently. There were always fights. Fights killed and birthed other boards. Whatever. (Insert "doesn't matter that much" phrase.)

But I agree with those above that an ongoing bitchfest about someone who can't weigh in himself is pretty pathetic. If you find it fun, you may want to mock my dead grandparents, too. Even easier targets, in that they're very unlikely to be posting pretty much everywhere else online other than here. (In fact I don't believe any of them were remotely competent on any computer, ever. So it would be REALLY easy.) Dancing on graves might seem fun and it's sure easy, but it's unseemly.

Can we grow up a little? If we're going to be nasty, at least have the courage to be nasty to people still around here. But maybe we can even avoid being nasty to each other quite so often.

Now if you'll excuse me, typing doesn't get me any drunker, so I've got work to do.  

Very well said, cap'n.  think I am going to lock it after all...nothing more that really needs to be said.

I'll lock it when I get home after work, in case there's some more people who need to get stuff of their chest.  I am monitoring in between customers  though and if it does get out of hand, then I'll take action
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 04:41:34 PM by ♩♬ Fear 2 Stop ♯♫♩ » Logged

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 19, 2016, 04:43:18 PM »

Billy, I hope you feel better with your ulcer. Maybe breakout some Mike Love TM tapes. Razz

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: April 19, 2016, 04:46:21 PM »

Hey, I wanna feel BETTER,  not die lol.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 19, 2016, 04:50:11 PM »

LOL But you can learn how to fly through TM!

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: April 19, 2016, 05:03:45 PM »

I already can fly....I'm Batman.

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 19, 2016, 05:09:14 PM »

That's right billyman! LOL

bgas
Smiley Smile Associate

Oh for the good old days

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 19, 2016, 06:04:13 PM »

« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 07:51:00 PM by bgas » Logged

Nothing I post is my opinion, it's all a message from God
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: