-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:22:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Lifetime ban on AGD
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lifetime ban on AGD  (Read 274018 times)
wilsonart1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2016, 04:51:51 AM »

Is a Hot Dog really a sandwich?  How much will I miss AGD?   Picture him in the castle all alone,old but not used up.  Hope this is temporary at best as far as ban goes.  ASG is like a brother, kick his ass every chance you get, but still sleep in same room at night and talk.  Info, some needed some not.  Still think he was the gondola driver at the Venican in Vegas.
Angua
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2016, 07:12:53 AM »

Maybe instead of the lifetime ban, he could get his own section >> Ask the Historian<<  where he could answer questions/post information. He'd be locked out from posting in any other threads, and he wouldn't be able to use the PM function. 
  This way, he'd still be available as a source of knowledge, and other members could simply ask him questions when a problem arose in another thread(s), yet he wouldn't be able to bother those other posters drbeachboy mentions that are getting away with murder

This! And it would involve a minimum of loss of face on all sides. The voice of reason.

Interesting idea.

So instead of a ban he gets a promotion?

Not forwards but sideways, as I see it.   

But you missed what I said about needing someone to confirm his answers are true - after all they seem to be accusing him of untruths - and if we can find someone who can do that, why don't they just use them instead.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2016, 07:32:02 AM »

Am I right or am I right?
I guess so. There are indeed a lot of positives to talk about instead, such as the wealth of knowledgeable posters and a good mod team.
Exactly, this board is a great place in the end. No other board allows such freedom to talk about any subject on the band or other topics.

"Great place in the end"...sure, if your definition of greatness is an eternal pissing contest between Brian and Mike fans with little sense of objectivity or reason. Am I 50/50 down the middle between Brian and Mike? Of course not, Brian is the man. Freedom to discuss any and all topics on a message board is a great thing, but your criteria for greatness differs from mine.

Definition or criteria of "greatness" can be whatever the poster wants it to be. Whether it meets your terms or objectivity is irrelevant. There are those, I'm sure, who may feel the same about your posts. Bottom line is that yes, it's a great place in the end and with this recent action, an even greater place.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2016, 07:34:42 AM »

Definition or criteria of "greatness" can be whatever the poster wants it to be. Whether it meets your terms or objectivity is irrelevant. There are those, I'm sure, who may feel the same about your posts. Bottom line is that yes, it's a great place in the end and with this recent action, an even greater place.

How are you planning to celebrate this occasion? Can we all be invited? Grin

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2016, 07:42:49 AM »

Bottom line is that yes, it's a great place in the end and with this recent action, an even greater place.

OSD, you are a sad, sad man.

I must admit to having difficulties with the fact that the banning of AGD has been announced in the "Welcome" section. Surely this is off-putting to potential newbies? How about moving it to the Sandbox, mods? Just trying to be helpful...

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2016, 07:46:11 AM »

Tickets are going fast. I may have to add another celebration or two. Scalpers everywhere.  Grin

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
halblaineisgood
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2016, 07:53:30 AM »

Can I interest anyone in a healthy newtritious snack.

Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2016, 07:55:57 AM »

Tickets are going fast. I may have to add another celebration or two. Scalpers everywhere.  Grin
LOL

Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2016, 07:58:12 AM »

Beer?

Smilin Ed H
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2016, 08:17:55 AM »

I'm disappointed it came to this. If it's true, I'm disappointed he felt the need to say what he said. He isn't the only one, but he is one I respect. I've learnt more from him than from anyone else on the board and was enjoying his recent, rather academic thread about the Boys in 1964 - the kind of the thread the board needs to keep relevant and, above all, to keep its head above the inane mudslinging that, sadly, passes for debate these days.  From my personal point of view, the only objectionable pm I've had has come from a shithead who does his best to stir, though even then, I thought,"f*** it. Guy's an idiot," and went about my day. Unfortunately, in recent times, the whole atmosphere of the board has soured and, I think, there were times when things might have been dealt with more effectively. I only have your word for what happened but I'm sure none of the mods bear a grudge (and Billy clearly likes the guy) and wouldn't make this up, so I'm not questioning you, but the context of some of the "ass-hattery "(to quote AGD) that's been going on here also needs to take a hit.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 08:23:48 AM by Smilin Ed H » Logged
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2016, 08:20:19 AM »

Maybe instead of the lifetime ban, he could get his own section >> Ask the Historian<<  where he could answer questions/post information. He'd be locked out from posting in any other threads, and he wouldn't be able to use the PM function. 
  This way, he'd still be available as a source of knowledge, and other members could simply ask him questions when a problem arose in another thread(s), yet he wouldn't be able to bother those other posters drbeachboy mentions that are getting away with murder

This! And it would involve a minimum of loss of face on all sides. The voice of reason.

Thirded.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2016, 08:20:49 AM »

It wasn't always this way.

And seconded.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2016, 08:31:41 AM »

I wonder how guitarfool feels about this?  Roll Eyes

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2016, 08:36:00 AM »

I'm also curious whether or not he fessed up.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 08:57:58 AM by Smilin Ed H » Logged
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2016, 08:47:46 AM »

Beer?

Time for that beer, I think. What a day.

Newtritious? Do you have anything for vegetarians?

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2016, 09:01:26 AM »

What I want to know is why would he go about saying such things about Brian, his family and friends? What could he possibly have to gain from doing so? Huh
People here say a lot of things about all of the band members. Why is any of it said? The hate that manifests itself over this band is astounding. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to read the crap that gets posted in this forum. I suppose that I was naive, but the goings on in here really took me by surprise. Until coming in here, every Beach Boys fan that I ever met were nice people. I'd be totally embarrassed to bring another Beach Boys fan in here.

I'm aware that board is well known for its arguing, haven't some associates of the band referred to the board as toxic?
It shouldn't matter who referred to what. Make conclusions yourself. And what do you mean "this" board? It's not the 1st and last where people argue; look around the Internet. Instead of rehashing the oft-told negative side of the board, accentuate the positive. Besides, you did join, that means the arguments don't bother you. Am I right or am I right?
Nope, in my case you are utterly wrong. Arguments I can handle, but the hate stuff that appears in here is not what I expected from a group of people who spend good amounts of time in here due to their fandom of the band. There was a time when I had dislikes of some band members, but as it turned out quite a bit of it was over things that turned out (through research) to be untrue. There are some remarkable people here who have spent good parts of their lives debunking myths and getting to the truth, and to them I am grateful. That is what I expected to find here, not all this other crap that gets posted here. For some, they think too high of their own opinions rather than facing the truth, and it is part of the reason why the myths perpetuate instead of dying on the vine.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 09:05:00 AM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 19, 2016, 09:08:17 AM »

OSD, you are a sad, sad man.

I must admit to having difficulties with the fact that the banning of AGD has been announced in the "Welcome" section. Surely this is off-putting to potential newbies? How about moving it to the Sandbox, mods? Just trying to be helpful...

To be honest this never should have even been a thread. Moderators have never started threads about anyone's banning until now. Moderators also don't owe anyone an explanation for their decision making. Make the decision, apologize for nothing, and move on. Trying to complicate the matter further isn't worth it. However, since this thread exists and an unwarranted level of attention has been drawn to a matter that should have been settled as soon as it was known to the management, how long DID the moderators know about this before taking action?

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #67 on: April 19, 2016, 09:10:21 AM »

Newtritious? Do you have anything for vegetarians?

Meet?
-------------------

I still can't get over this banning of Andrew.  I'm not saying that he didn't do what people say he did.  Not saying that at all except for the fact that in the dozen plus years I've associated with him I NEVER experienced anything of the sort with him.  As far as he knew...I was just one of many fans.  So?

I'd submit that there must be a reason why Andrew fell from favour there and here.  And I would suggest that it has something to do with health issues and/or meds.  No one in their 'right' mind would do these things.  So if his mind isn't right...THAT can be corrected.  To find a LONG TIME asset  guilty w/o ascertaining as to why things unfolded as they did MIGHT be a tad hasty.

Geez.  In a very real and positive sense he certainly gave a LOT more than he took. Cool Guy
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 09:15:09 AM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2016, 09:18:20 AM »

If there's a victim, the perpetrator is not absolved from guilt because he or she may not be in the right frame of mind. The numbers don't lie...it seems several people had an issue that needed to be resolved and the moderators did what they had to do.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 19, 2016, 09:24:39 AM »

Amazing how the members who have a more moderate view of the band are the people who have never had any serious issues with Andrew. How odd! Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2016, 09:27:57 AM »

If there's a victim, the perpetrator is not absolved from guilt because he or she may not be in the right frame of mind. The numbers don't lie...it seems several people had an issue that needed to be resolved and the moderators did what they had to do.

I get that.  You too Doc.

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2016, 09:32:10 AM »

Also, the alleged spreading of false and potentially libelous information about Brian, his family, and people in his employ while at the same time saying that comments implying that he was on Michael's payroll were potentially libelous is just a smidge hypocritical on Andrew's part.

I guess when it's always "the other guy" who is greedy, it's always "the other guy" who is potentially libelous.

Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2016, 09:51:02 AM »

I think there are other experts on this board like Jon Stebbins, c-man and myself.  But I think the board will suffer from Andrew's absence because he somehow found the time to post all the time. The rest of us like the board but aren't as devoted to it as him.  Having an expert on hand for every topic may no longer be possible. And while I think I've become an expert, I have nowhere near the long term fandom connections of Andrew. He was already contributing articles to bb fanzines when Dennis was still a member! Sad indeed.
Ian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2016, 09:57:30 AM »

Also want to add: he may rub some people the wrong way but the website he created is the best ever on any music group!!! And he graciously offered to create the gigs/sessions section of that site just so I could have a place to post my research. And every time I send him an update to that site he zealously adds it! He loves the bbs!
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2016, 10:10:49 AM »

I think there are other experts on this board like Jon Stebbins, c-man and myself.  But I think the board will suffer from Andrew's absence because he somehow found the time to post all the time. The rest of us like the board but aren't as devoted to it as him.  Having an expert on hand for every topic may no longer be possible. And while I think I've become an expert, I have nowhere near the long term fandom connections of Andrew. He was already contributing articles to bb fanzines when Dennis was still a member! Sad indeed.

Googling "Smiley Smile message board" or something similar and "smiley smile andrew doe" is one of the top search results. Google "Andrew Doe" and "andrew doe smiley smile" is one of the top results. He's posted more and more frequently then anyone here, regardless of his actions, he was an integral part of this board and it's a shame it had to end like this.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 10:34:03 AM by BachelorsDegreeInBullets » Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: