-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:05:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Lifetime ban on AGD
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lifetime ban on AGD  (Read 273963 times)
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2016, 05:37:03 PM »

I'm surprised that the constant accusation of certain members being on Mike's payroll hasn't been taken more seriously by the management.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 05:58:13 PM by The Real Beach Boy » Logged

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2016, 05:51:53 PM »

Well that was sudden. I can hear OSD setting up party streamers already....
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 05:54:39 PM by BachelorsDegreeInBullets » Logged

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2016, 05:54:12 PM »

I'm surprised that the constant accusations of certain members being on Mike's payroll hasn't been taken more seriously by the management.
Seems to me that it is all subjective. There have been many things posted here that I totally abhor, yet some Mods and members see nothing wrong with any of it. Some respect and self control would go a long way and make the Mods lives much easier in here, not to mention easier on some of us members too.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 07:14:55 PM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2016, 07:08:36 PM »

What I want to know is why would he go about saying such things about Brian, his family and friends? What could he possibly have to gain from doing so? Huh

mtaber
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2016, 07:18:43 PM »

I am not sure what to say...
I've known Andrew for, off and on, roughly 40 years.  I've never had the pleasure of meeting him, but count him as one of my "core" friends, going back to my old fanzine days and other friends like Derek Bill, Peter Reum, Steve Peters, BGAS, etc.
I don't post on here frequently (except for recently sparring with Mr. Pamplin), but when I lurk, I usually go automatically to any thread to which Andrew has posted a response.  As others have noted, he's the "go-to" person for historical information (whereas I try to be the "go-to" person for hysterical information).
I trust the mods have made a well-thought out decision, an extremely difficult decision, and I can't argue with the validity of that decision.
It's just that I can't imagine this board without Andrew.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2016, 07:26:22 PM »

What I want to know is why would he go about saying such things about Brian, his family and friends? What could he possibly have to gain from doing so? Huh
People here say a lot of things about all of the band members. Why is any of it said? The hate that manifests itself over this band is astounding. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to read the crap that gets posted in this forum. I suppose that I was naive, but the goings on in here really took me by surprise. Until coming in here, every Beach Boys fan that I ever met were nice people. I'd be totally embarrassed to bring another Beach Boys fan in here.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2016, 07:32:59 PM »

People here say a lot of things about all of the band members. Why is any of it said? The hate that manifests itself over this band is astounding. Never in my wildest dreams did I expect to read the crap that gets posted in this forum. I suppose that I was naive, but the goings on in here really took me by surprise. Until coming in here, every Beach Boys fan that I ever met were nice people. I'd be totally embarrassed to bring another Beach Boys fan in here.

I'm aware that board is well known for its arguing, haven't some associates of the band referred to the board as toxic?

Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2016, 07:36:21 PM »

It wasn't always this way.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2016, 07:38:38 PM »

On a different note, the seat I'm sitting in currently is rather uncomfortable. I should get a new one...

drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2016, 07:39:59 PM »

On a different note, the seat I'm sitting in currently is rather uncomfortable. I should get a new one...
It must be a pin cushion.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2016, 07:41:44 PM »

It must be a pin cushion.
LOL

Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2016, 08:07:31 PM »

Lost your head again.

pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2016, 08:28:51 PM »

This is a sad turn of affairs. I liked AGD, pricks, warts and all. I always got the impression that he is deeply unhappy and that was why he acted (or rather reacted) the way he does. But I am pretty sure he is also the kind of guy who despises pity, so I'll move on, without pity.

Sail on dude.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 08:37:19 PM by pixletwin » Logged
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2016, 08:36:07 PM »

Am I right or am I right?
I guess so. There are indeed a lot of positives to talk about instead, such as the wealth of knowledgeable posters and a good mod team.

Imperator
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2016, 09:26:17 PM »

Sometimes the desire to 'be right' clouds all better judgement and convinces one to embrace delusions (all are susceptible to this, lest ye think you are safe). The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. For a man devoted so rigorously to fact and fact-checking, the search for 'the truth' can just as easily rot one's convictions as reinforce them.  I strongly doubt AGD embarked on his course of actions with the intention to slander Brian or Melinda, even if that is what he accomplished in the end.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2016, 01:37:21 AM »

Maybe instead of the lifetime ban, he could get his own section >> Ask the Historian<<  where he could answer questions/post information. He'd be locked out from posting in any other threads, and he wouldn't be able to use the PM function. 
  This way, he'd still be available as a source of knowledge, and other members could simply ask him questions when a problem arose in another thread(s), yet he wouldn't be able to bother those other posters drbeachboy mentions that are getting away with murder

This! And it would involve a minimum of loss of face on all sides. The voice of reason.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 19, 2016, 01:37:56 AM »

The sad thing is, this will likely haunt him for the rest of his "career" in the Beach Boys research field.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 19, 2016, 01:39:55 AM »

Maybe instead of the lifetime ban, he could get his own section >> Ask the Historian<<  where he could answer questions/post information. He'd be locked out from posting in any other threads, and he wouldn't be able to use the PM function. 
  This way, he'd still be available as a source of knowledge, and other members could simply ask him questions when a problem arose in another thread(s), yet he wouldn't be able to bother those other posters drbeachboy mentions that are getting away with murder

This! And it would involve a minimum of loss of face on all sides. The voice of reason.

Interesting idea.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 19, 2016, 01:50:21 AM »

a big loss of information to this board. how disappointing  Embarrassed
Angua
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2016, 03:16:14 AM »

Just an idea - if he's working for Mike (and we've all seen the pictures) and Mike's aim in the 2004 lawsuit was to stop Brian touring, then perhaps...
Angua
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2016, 03:22:23 AM »

Interesting idea.

So instead of a ban he gets a promotion? Now we just need to find someone who is able to confirm if his responses are true or not.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 03:25:22 AM by Angua » Logged
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2016, 03:27:57 AM »

At times AGD was infuriating but his knowledge of The Beach Boys provided the necessary balance...I didn't dislike him. This is a sad turn of events on an increasingly sad forum.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2016, 03:40:15 AM »

Interesting idea.

So instead of a ban he gets a promotion?

Not forwards but sideways, as I see it.   

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2016, 03:58:41 AM »

I guess so. There are indeed a lot of positives to talk about instead, such as the wealth of knowledgeable posters and a good mod team.
Exactly, this board is a great place in the end. No other board allows such freedom to talk about any subject on the band or other topics.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2016, 04:13:26 AM »

Exactly, this board is a great place in the end. No other board allows such freedom to talk about any subject on the band or other topics.

"Great place in the end"...sure, if your definition of greatness is an eternal pissing contest between Brian and Mike fans with little sense of objectivity or reason. Am I 50/50 down the middle between Brian and Mike? Of course not, Brian is the man. Freedom to discuss any and all topics on a message board is a great thing, but your criteria for greatness differs from mine.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 04:24:00 AM by Moon Dawg » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: