-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:20:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Lifetime ban on AGD
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 38   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lifetime ban on AGD  (Read 273947 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #425 on: April 27, 2016, 05:39:01 PM »

Sadly, yeah, that's human nature. It can be frustrating at times  to say the least.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
SurferDownUnder
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: April 27, 2016, 06:49:48 PM »

After reading through this whole thread I'm not sure if I feel entertained or utterly confused....  LOL
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: April 27, 2016, 06:53:27 PM »

Let me say this:  people don't get temporarily or permanently banned from this message board for nothing.  The reasons may not always be to everyone's liking or understanding, but a lot of investigation, discussion, and soul searching takes place before such actions.  

One example: Mikie.  I personally objected to him being on this board, as 1) he had been banned from Susan's board, and 2) he threatened me and my family.  But, I did not push the point, as I trust the moderators here, and they allowed him to be here.  Until, apparently, he did something, or enough of something, to get banned.  

Even the worst of troublemakers gets every chance to clean up their act.   When they don't, moderators moderate.

Are there 2 Mikies?
http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,41.msg25.html#msg25

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Moon Dawg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: April 27, 2016, 07:45:16 PM »

Let me say this:  people don't get temporarily or permanently banned from this message board for nothing.  The reasons may not always be to everyone's liking or understanding, but a lot of investigation, discussion, and soul searching takes place before such actions.  

One example: Mikie.  I personally objected to him being on this board, as 1) he had been banned from Susan's board, and 2) he threatened me and my family.  But, I did not push the point, as I trust the moderators here, and they allowed him to be here.  Until, apparently, he did something, or enough of something, to get banned.  

Even the worst of troublemakers gets every chance to clean up their act.   When they don't, moderators moderate.

Are there 2 Mikies?

Good Mikie and his evil twin, apparently.
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: April 27, 2016, 08:15:19 PM »

Perspective people - this is an one Internet message board concerned with the Beach Boys.  It's not the only music message board that discusses the Beach Boys.  It's not the only outlet for serious commentary on the Beach Boys music (ESQ, blogs, other music websites).  AGD will not wither away and perish for lack of access to this board to post his ruminations and critical comments.  He actually has his own website! 

I am confident AGD will somehow survive being banned from one message board, and return in another forum like a Phoenix from the ashes, his sarcasm, Beach Boys knowledge and critical faculties intact.
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: April 27, 2016, 08:17:06 PM »

I am confident AGD will somehow survive being banned from one message board, and return in another forum like a Phoenix from the ashes, his sarcasm, Beach Boys knowledge and critical faculties intact.

He's silently fact checking and correcting us even now!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 08:18:06 PM by BachelorsDegreeInBullets » Logged

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #431 on: April 28, 2016, 02:18:29 AM »

You reopened the can of worms, Billy. As long this stays open it will continue to haunt you. At least it was calm in here after you closed it. Did the Hoffman people put pressure on Chuck to reopen this up?

They held my cat at gunpoint until I conceded.

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #432 on: April 28, 2016, 02:35:53 AM »

it's clearly full of all the rejects from this board - the racists, the misogynists, the cyber-stalkers - they're all there if you miss them so much.

I don't qualify for any of the above, so I think an apology is in order. Mods?

Yeah, I won't be apologizing over that comment.  I didn't reference you personally, nor did I say the entire board was made up of such people.  But I'm seeing the banned creeps all there, now that someone tipped me off to look.  If you're there too, congratulations.  Have fun.

Well, you can grow a pair and apologise to me, then.

Being female, I don't especially care to grow a pair.  If you took my comment personally, I have no idea why.  Please explain?  If there was a direct insult, of course, I'll apologize.  Unless you're one of the guys I mentioned, how were you personally insulted?

By implication. Don't be disingenuous.

I get that you won't apologise; that you've been hurt by some of the others - but not by me.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: April 28, 2016, 02:59:00 AM »

Some of you guys are bigger fans of AGD than the BBs.... Roll Eyes

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Peadar 'Big Dinner' O'Driscoll
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #434 on: April 28, 2016, 03:14:09 AM »

Better than the most outrageous soap opera on here...not sure whats happening tbh..maybe even a little scared  Ahhh!. AGD pm'd me once so I don't feel too left out though it was nothing like what seems to be alleged here.

To sum up:

AGD works for Mike Love and sends pm's to people in support of Mike with possible lies re: the Brian camp?
Mikie threatened someones family and maybe did some other stuff?
OSD is really AGD?
SMiLE Brian is really OSD?

I like the Beach Boys!

« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 03:17:10 AM by My Brother Woody » Logged

You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: April 28, 2016, 06:18:14 AM »

OSD is really AGD?

I'm OSD, he's OSD, she's OSD, we're all OSD!

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 28, 2016, 06:24:35 AM »

LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 28, 2016, 07:08:30 AM »

OSD is really AGD?

I'm OSD, he's OSD, she's OSD, we're all OSD!

That's better than everyone being AGD, for sure.  Wink

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 28, 2016, 07:12:12 AM »

It's like the movie sparticus!

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 28, 2016, 07:36:47 AM »

Yes! One of the best scenes!

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 28, 2016, 08:32:27 AM »

it's clearly full of all the rejects from this board - the racists, the misogynists, the cyber-stalkers - they're all there if you miss them so much.

Yeah, I won't be apologizing over that comment.  I didn't reference you personally, nor did I say the entire board was made up of such people.  But I'm seeing the banned creeps all there, now that someone tipped me off to look.  If you're there too, congratulations.  Have fun.

Being female, I don't especially care to grow a pair.  If you took my comment personally, I have no idea why.  Please explain?  If there was a direct insult, of course, I'll apologize.  Unless you're one of the guys I mentioned, how were you personally insulted?

I get that you won't apologise; that you've been hurt by some of the others - but not by me.

With all due respect, aren't  you being a little thin skinned?

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 28, 2016, 08:44:48 AM »

Smilin Ed H, I don't think Debbie KL's comment was directed at you.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #442 on: April 28, 2016, 08:57:40 AM »

With all due respect, aren't  you being a little thin skinned?

Nah, not really.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #443 on: April 28, 2016, 09:15:17 AM »

You reopened the can of worms, Billy. As long this stays open it will continue to haunt you. At least it was calm in here after you closed it. Did the Hoffman people put pressure on Chuck to reopen this up?

Just amazing that two Beach Boys' threads get closed down there, while this on reopens and all over AGD's banning, all on the same day. I cannot get over how badly this whole thing has been handled. I am thinking that either a lack of Common Sense or your cat being held at gunpoint would cause/allow a mess like this to happen. Betting the pussycat handled his problem like a good pussycat would.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:18:16 AM by drbeachboy » Logged

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #444 on: April 28, 2016, 09:17:56 AM »

Smilin Ed H, I don't think Debbie KL's comment was directed at you.

It wasn't...whole thing was a misunderstanding.  

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #445 on: April 28, 2016, 11:01:51 AM »

Just amazing that two Beach Boys' threads get closed down there, while this on reopens and all over AGD's banning, all on the same day. I cannot get over how badly this whole thing has been handled. I am thinking that either a lack of Common Sense or your cat being held at gunpoint would cause/allow a mess like this to happen. Betting the pussycat handled his problem like a good pussycat would.

Two? What was the other one?
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 28, 2016, 11:31:51 AM »

Two? What was the other one?
Twas a Pet Sounds thread that was closed after folks moved there to discuss AGD when the other thread was closed.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Charles LePage @ ComicList
Chairman Of The Board

Hit me with your pet shark.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #447 on: April 28, 2016, 11:32:09 AM »

Are there 2 Mikies?

No.  I don't know the exact state of our relationship in 2005, but we will presume from that link that it was okay.  In 2010, when I saw that he had registered here after being banned from the Shut Down board, I advised the moderators here I would abide by their decision to allow him here, but also advised them of the behavior and comments I had witnessed.  And, not incredibly at all, he eventually wore out his welcome on this message board.

So, by all means, lament the absence of Mikie, AGD, and anyone else you miss.  I miss them too.  But all these years, they have had the opportunity to create their own online communities and show us how to do it right.  Yet, when they aren't allowed here, or choose to not be here, they simply move to another forum, until they aren't welcome there either.  Why is that?

"quiet here, no one got crap to say?" - bringahorseinhere
Paul J B
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 28, 2016, 11:40:42 AM »

When is this going to stop? Seriously...when? Ever? AGD could be a pain and if he crossed the line so be it but seriously....years and years of this from the usual suspects. Explain to me what the difference is between this stuff and listening to two 9 year olds laughing at each others fart noises. Several people have already tried to politely point this out in this very thread and on it will go. For better or for worse at least Andrew was a walking encyclopedia of Beach Boys history and had a reason for being here.
KDS
« Reply #449 on: April 28, 2016, 11:44:37 AM »

When is this going to stop? Seriously...when? Ever? AGD could be a pain and if he crossed the line so be it but seriously....years and years of this from the usual suspects. Explain to me what the difference is between this stuff and listening to two 9 year olds laughing at each others fart noises. Several people have already tried to politely point this out in this very thread and on it will go. For better or for worse at least Andrew was a walking encyclopedia of Beach Boys history and had a reason for being here.

The big difference is that fart noises are actually funny. 
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 ... 38   Go Up
Print
Jump to: