gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 03:13:10 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Maxine - Cover of Four Freshmen Version of Donald Fagen Song  (Read 2195 times)
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2016, 08:56:00 PM »

https://soundcloud.com/smilead/maxine-cover-of-four-freshmen-cover-of-donald-fagen-original

I've been on a HUGE Freshmen kick lately. Found this song last night, and was so blown away by the chords that I ended up staying up all night figuring it all out. Took me back to my teenage years figuring out Brian's songs. Smiley

Interesting point on this one, apparently it's one of the last studio recordings of the Freshmen with Bob Flanigan handling the leads / high parts. His voice held up really well up til his retirement in the early 90s. 
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 09:01:24 PM »

not bad Cool

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 08:11:49 AM »

Nice!  I always look forward to what you bring here in your SMiLE A.D. mood.
It's a Today Kind of Thing.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
seltaeb1012002
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2016, 05:01:38 AM »

Thanks guys. It was more of an exercise in figuring out the chords as opposed to trying to make a good recording.

Here's the Four Freshmen's take if anyone hasn't heard it. Hearing Bob Flanigan over this type of track is pretty bizarre, but awesome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOFCd10MQJs
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2016, 10:38:48 AM »

Was listening to your Henry Hemingway - Day by Day Ep yesterday.  Those four songs are some of my very favorites by you.

Give us something new. -Will

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx