gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 08:06:02 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Manson Family  (Read 2677 times)
wilsonart1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 14, 2016, 07:19:28 PM »

Van Houten may be free, Parol panel said ok to forward the process today.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 08:20:48 PM »

Van Houten may be free, Parol panel said ok to forward the process today.

Was Van Houten one of the gals living at Denny's home for a time?
Gertie J.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 08:26:20 PM »

who gives a damn..

dj, blogger, and hanger-on
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 08:33:37 PM »

who gives a damn..

Obviously, the people who posted on-topic posts in this thread are simply curious. If you don't give a damn, feel free to not give a damn.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 09:37:54 PM »

Thought I'd read a little bit about her and ended up at a Manson blog and saw this recent post that relates to the much-discussed Mike Love interview in Rolling Stone a month or two ago:
http://www.mansonblog.com/2016/04/susan-atkins-broke-up-mike-loves.html?m=1
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2016, 09:52:45 PM »

No way they'll release her, the governor will override it.  She smothered the woman then helped stab her to death, then spent years minimizing her involvement.  I'm glad she's turned her life around and I believe she has, but sometimes you do things you can't come back from. 
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2016, 06:07:51 AM »

Yeah, it won't happen.  They have also said that Bruce Davis is suitable for parole a few different times.  As soon as the proposal hits Jerry Brown's desk, it'll be vetoed without a second though.

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2016, 12:39:51 PM »

Thought I'd read a little bit about her and ended up at a Manson blog and saw this recent post that relates to the much-discussed Mike Love interview in Rolling Stone a month or two ago:
A long, long, long time ago, I recall leafing through a book, where I believe Mike himself was recalling how he was having sex with a 'Chiquita' in the shower, when Manson burst in on them.

Has anyone heard this story before? I read it once this book (which was along the lines of a rock stories compilation type publication) and it had to be 30 years ago.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 01:52:51 PM »

A long, long, long time ago, I recall leafing through a book, where I believe Mike himself was recalling how he was having sex with a 'Chiquita' in the shower, when Manson burst in on them.

Has anyone heard this story before? I read it once this book (which was along the lines of a rock stories compilation type publication) and it had to be 30 years ago.

This just gave me a mental image of a Mike Love/Chiquita/Charlie Manson menage a trois, which I wish I could unsee.

It looks like rain, and Chiquita's been comin' for hours
It looks like rain, and I hear Charlie burstin’ into the shower

« Last Edit: April 15, 2016, 01:58:44 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Bicyclerider
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2016, 08:48:50 AM »

While I don't pretend to know all the details of her jail time and rehabilitation, obviously the parole board feels she has remorse for what she did and she has been a model prisoner.  She was the youngest of Manson's women and fell under his mesmerizing influence and sex and drugs, a kind of brainwashing he used to keep his cult followers in line.  "Cease to exist, come and say you love me."  It doesn't excuse what she did but I believe people can change and try to redeem themselves and if she is no danger to anyone if she is released and legally she meets the criteria for parole I don't have a problem with it.
Mr. Verlander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2016, 09:11:22 AM »

Chiquita, as in Chiquita Banana? That's an interesting mental image....
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx