-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 10:34:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  I would like to vent!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: I would like to vent!!!  (Read 2202 times)
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2016, 01:25:03 PM »

Hi all,

I am sorry to have to tell this on a public forum online.  Yet I do have a right to vent.  I went to the monthly art walk last night.  I ran into someone I knew from the 90's.  She asked me to sit down on a bench with her.  She asked me where I was gong to eat.  I told her.  Then she had the nerve, the utter nerve, to ask me if I could fix her up with my Father.  I wanted to hit her.  Yet I didn't.  I wanted to swear at her.  Yet I didn't.  In the end I chose to talk in a sharp and firm voice.  I said to her that Mom hasn't even been dead for three months.  I then said she shouldn't be asking me that question at this time.  She looked at me as though I had hit her. She is between 50 and 62 and she hasn't accepted the fact that she doesn't have a date or isn't married.  What a dope!!!   She has never had much tact.  She is also tasteless.  All she could do was think about herself.  If someone I knew had a mother who died I wouldn't even dare to ask if I can date the father.  She really did expect me to hug her and say she can date and marry my father.  How ridiculous!!!
pixletwin
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 01:33:44 PM »

I have two friends who were married. I have known both of them since we were in high school (1990) and they were married in 1993. Well last November she died unexpectedly after over 22 years of marriage. They were the best of friends.

He started dating again in January. It has really helped him cope with the loss of his companion.
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 01:38:44 PM »

Hi all,

This woman didn't even know Dad at all.  She only saw him twice when he picked me up from something.  She hasn't done tings with me since the mid-90's.  I would never ask a casual person to fix me up with her dad. 

I am glad that your friend found someone to help him cope. 
KDS
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 01:56:04 PM »

Hi all,

This woman didn't even know Dad at all.  She only saw him twice when he picked me up from something.  She hasn't done tings with me since the mid-90's.  I would never ask a casual person to fix me up with her dad. 

I am glad that your friend found someone to help him cope. 

Mary,

That seems like a pretty odd request of your acquaintance, especially right in the beginning of the conversation. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: