-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:24:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Taxes
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Taxes  (Read 1928 times)
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2016, 09:40:36 AM »

Today (yes, I was a bit late getting on top of it this year) I did my taxes. As usual, I tried to e-file. But for the first time, my returns were rejected. The reason is that the federal return was rejected by the IRS, saying there is already a return on file from me for this year. I'm pretty sure I'd have remembered filing, even if I were drunk, so I fear some kind of ID theft/fraud. The recommended course of action was to simply print and submit my returns in hard copy. However, this slows things down and doesn't address the underlying issue. I was going to call the IRS to see whether they could give me any info on what exactly it is that "I" filed, but they're closed weekends.

Anybody else ever have anything like this happen? Exactly how drunk should I get today in preparation for my Monday ordeal (of at least calling the IRS and presumably also coming to the sad realization that yes, I'll be working by mail and probably having to address some kind of issues in the future when they look at my seemingly duplicative paper forms)?

I'm due a nice refund, but would happily trade it to make the hassle go away... I'm a fan of paying my share of taxes, but really, really, really wish it could be done without a hassle. I'm cranky. Damnit.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 10:20:43 AM »

Drink some Henry's hard soda during the phone call? Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 10:53:03 AM »

I had the IRS contact me and tell me I owed them $15000 for a business I had in 2010. I didn't have a business in 2010. They were perfectly nice about it, but it took a few months of forms and waiting and forms and waiting until it got straightened out.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 11:35:23 AM »

Damn Emily, what a nightmare. I already paid my taxes on turbo tax. Undecided

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: