gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 03:44:20 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian's Book released October 11th  (Read 60095 times)
Theydon Bois
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2016, 02:58:04 PM »

It's someone I think all of us like very much.

I know what you're all thinking, and so, just to be completely clear, he's not talking about me.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 06, 2016, 03:43:22 PM »

Aww, nobody ever PMs me nasty gossip. I feel left out.

Hey asshole who sends nasty PMs, how about you PM me? PS, I'll probably be rude to you because it seems you're kind of a dick.

You know, a so called "Insider" was PMing malicious BS about me a few years ago. All due to spite and my vocal disapproval of ML.

On the ridiculous topic of Melinda "controlling" Brian ala Landy, I don't believe she is  even on the PSs tour with Brian. Further, it is my understanding that she was only at a handful of dates for the C50.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2016, 03:46:53 PM »

...I won't be surprised if this book comes off like WIBN take 2, with Melinda as the savior instead of Landy.

I'm EXPECTING that.

Reminder:  It all started here.  Various posters objected to this comment and were accused of "piling on" when they objected.  CK jumped in citing a "source who would embarrass" those who were objecting to SJS's post - apparently believing this was a real assertion.  CK has since recanted and the anonymous poster who apparently misled CK appears to have claimed in pm's that he had been misled by someone as well here for several years. 

My point is, that poisonous poster spreading the lies is apparently skating along free, not having to answer to anything.  Let's all happily accept CK's mea culpa but that doesn't in any way solve this serious, insidious problem.  Is this really an acceptable end to all of this for you?  Some people here need to "own up" and expose the problem right now.  Enough of the obfuscation.  This destructive behavior by a so-far-unidentified poster has gone on long enough.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2016, 03:52:24 PM »

My point is, that poisonous poster spreading the lies is apparently skating along free, not having to answer to anything.

Not for long...it is indeed being looked at and discussed right now.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2016, 03:55:55 PM »

Fascinating thread. Seems the day when all Smileysmilers stand together naked in a room and confess everything about their relationship with their parents, their drug use/non-use and the day they pulled the legs off a spider because their schoolmates egged them on draws ever closer. Wink

Can I suggest that for a few hours the Mods allow an amnesty on discussion of the relevant PMs so that this issue can be cleared up openly, and anyone else who might have been maliciously misled is made aware of such.

Also, there's a danger that in not naming the alleged perp, other well-intentioned and thoroughly reputable posters might be assumed by some to be guilty. And that would not be right.

I'm also feeling a little deflated at being picked last for the schoolyard soccer team. Wink

“We live in divisive times.”
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2016, 04:11:04 PM »

My point is, that poisonous poster spreading the lies is apparently skating along free, not having to answer to anything.

Not for long...it is indeed being looked at and discussed right now.

Billy, that's good to know.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2016, 05:01:25 PM »

No, I totally see your point, and I think we both agree 100%. Pardon if I made it sound like I wasn't in agreement with you. I have no problems with Cincinnati Kid. I was duped by false information years ago as well, which is why this is a very important topic to me.

Cam, that point is totally irrelevant at this point. I know you're doing your best to filibuster this thread with a completely pointless offshoot of this topic, but may I remind you that regardless of whether or not the Cincinnati Kid believed the information, he still received this information. He further clarified that he and someone "all of us like very much" received this information. I would just love to know who this anonymous source is that is spreading incorrect information.

I'm no more filibustering than you are and you continue to misunderstand what the Kid said. Has any one just asked the secondhand source we all "like very much" who their "source" is?

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 06, 2016, 05:52:32 PM »

No, I totally see your point, and I think we both agree 100%. Pardon if I made it sound like I wasn't in agreement with you. I have no problems with Cincinnati Kid. I was duped by false information years ago as well, which is why this is a very important topic to me.

Cam, that point is totally irrelevant at this point. I know you're doing your best to filibuster this thread with a completely pointless offshoot of this topic, but may I remind you that regardless of whether or not the Cincinnati Kid believed the information, he still received this information. He further clarified that he and someone "all of us like very much" received this information. I would just love to know who this anonymous source is that is spreading incorrect information.

I'm no more filibustering than you are and you continue to misunderstand what the Kid said. Has any one just asked the secondhand source we all "like very much" who their "source" is?

Yes, we have.  We're waiting for a response.  Any more questions?
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 06, 2016, 06:00:12 PM »

Yes, we have.  We're waiting for a response.  Any more questions?

Good.  No.

18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 06, 2016, 06:02:42 PM »

I really honestly don't understand your motivation is Cam. What is at your centre? What drives you?

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: April 06, 2016, 06:27:50 PM »

I really honestly don't understand your motivation is Cam. What is at your centre? What drives you?

He's a  perturbed myKe luHv fanboy who, because his hero is being exposed,  is one of a dying breed who cannot fathom why his idol is going down in flames.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 06, 2016, 06:30:13 PM »

All that polyester will do that to a man.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 06, 2016, 06:31:57 PM »

You guys never fail to amaze me.
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 06, 2016, 06:38:50 PM »

You guys never fail to amaze me.

We're working hard to keep the truth in front of you.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 06, 2016, 06:39:49 PM »

Does Brian have a Manager?
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 06, 2016, 06:45:12 PM »

All that polyester will do that to a man.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 06, 2016, 07:07:44 PM »

Cam?

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
Me ,2015.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 06, 2016, 07:14:00 PM »

Can I suggest that for a few hours the Mods allow an amnesty on discussion of the relevant PMs so that this issue can be cleared up openly, and anyone else who might have been maliciously misled is made aware of such.

Also, there's a danger that in not naming the alleged perp, other well-intentioned and thoroughly reputable posters might be assumed by some to be guilty. And that would not be right.

^^ both of these. It would be really nice to clear this up. But insinuations without evidence of who the original source is, is just as bad, the same thing, as insinuations without evidence regarding Brian and Melinda. I think there should be a moratorium on insinuating. Be upfront.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 06, 2016, 07:48:03 PM »

Cam?

I'm fine, thanks for your concern.  Did you have a Beach Boys question or comment?

Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 06, 2016, 08:06:32 PM »

Cam?

I'm fine, thanks for your concern.  Did you have a Beach Boys question or comment?

Yeah, he wants to know if you have like an agenda, or something. Not to get all "Dr. Phil" on ya, but yeah...he wants to know your modus operandi. But you already know that. LOL Now it's time to spin, spin, spin away. Like a RUNAWAY DANCER!

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 06, 2016, 08:39:29 PM »

PS. This bullshit that Melinda is Landy part II needs to stop. Landy was a psychotic control freak who had people surrounding Brian 24/7. Today, Brian is under no such scrutiny and goes where he wants to go when he wants to go. In the past few years he has recorded and worked with some of the finest musicians in the industry, he has done successful tours that have left audience goers in tears and breathless at the beauty and grandeur. No matter how much some of you want to believe that Brian’s world is black and white, it most certainly isn’t. Is Brian living in a perfect world? Probably not! Remember that Brian is a very active/creative person with schizo-affective disorder, auditory hallucinations, and manic depression. I’m certain that it becomes a high wire act to balance out Brian’s happiness, longevity, mental health, physical health, and reputation. There are so many wonderful people who love and care for Brian right now: It’s a slap in the face to each and every one of them to infer that shady things take place in that camp. Brian is looked at and cared for by some of the worlds best doctors and mental health providers. Hell, his whole current world was given a microscopic view by Bill Polhad and others for the film Love and Mercy. If anything drastically unhealthy were taking place in this organization it would most certainly would have come to light in a big way by now.
I just want to go back to this post for a second and say: yeah. I remember when I was 15 or so reading the '80s Brian/Landy piece in Rolling Stone and thinking 'something's really not right with this.' It was pretty obvious. Someone who's been circulating as much as BW has lately? You couldn't hide that sort of deal.
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 06, 2016, 08:43:37 PM »

Cam?

Cam thanks for letting me and subsequently those that read and participate on this board know that you are "fine". Although the fact that you are indeed fine may be relevant to you, it has no relevance to what I asked you. So please again if I may.
Pertaining to your motivation ;What is at your centre? What drives you?

Some Guy, 2012
Me ,2015.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 06, 2016, 08:56:16 PM »

Cam?

Cam thanks for letting me and subsequently those that read and participate on this board know that you are "fine". Although the fact that you are indeed fine may be relevant to you, it has no relevance to what I asked you. So please again if I may.

And your question has no relevance to the thread so thanks but no thanks.

Feel free to tell us your motivation, what is at your centre, what drives you if you wish, I guess.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #148 on: April 06, 2016, 08:56:39 PM »

PS. This bullshit that Melinda is Landy part II needs to stop. Landy was a psychotic control freak who had people surrounding Brian 24/7. Today, Brian is under no such scrutiny and goes where he wants to go when he wants to go. In the past few years he has recorded and worked with some of the finest musicians in the industry, he has done successful tours that have left audience goers in tears and breathless at the beauty and grandeur. No matter how much some of you want to believe that Brian’s world is black and white, it most certainly isn’t. Is Brian living in a perfect world? Probably not! Remember that Brian is a very active/creative person with schizo-affective disorder, auditory hallucinations, and manic depression. I’m certain that it becomes a high wire act to balance out Brian’s happiness, longevity, mental health, physical health, and reputation. There are so many wonderful people who love and care for Brian right now: It’s a slap in the face to each and every one of them to infer that shady things take place in that camp. Brian is looked at and cared for by some of the worlds best doctors and mental health providers. Hell, his whole current world was given a microscopic view by Bill Polhad and others for the film Love and Mercy. If anything drastically unhealthy were taking place in this organization it would most certainly would have come to light in a big way by now.
I just want to go back to this post for a second and say: yeah. I remember when I was 15 or so reading the '80s Brian/Landy piece in Rolling Stone and thinking 'something's really not right with this.' It was pretty obvious. Someone who's been circulating as much as BW has lately? You couldn't hide that sort of deal.

ESPECIALLY in this day and age.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 06, 2016, 09:07:03 PM »

Cam?

And your question has no relevance to the thread so thanks but no thanks.

Feel free to tell us your motivation, what is at your centre, what drives you if you wish, I guess.
I was not active in this thread, I have not stated my opinion on the subject matter. I am merely intrigued at your responses and then became inquisitive as to how said responses are motivated. If I respond to posts it is normally a reflection of my inner thoughts, my centre, my beliefs if you will. I am intrigued at what drives you to continually post after post persist with a similar key motivatory factor which drives your input.

Some Guy, 2012
Me ,2015.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx