gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680854 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 01:42:55 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian's Book released October 11th  (Read 60538 times)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 06, 2016, 10:04:56 AM »

Plus, if Melinda or anyone else close to Brian was not acting aboveboard, does anyone really think they'd tell us?
Can't speak for anyone else, but I wouldn't be able to stay as mod if that were the case.  It's one of the reasons why I couldn't be on any of the Scott Weiland groups, having known what was really going on with him. I'm still here, and not going anywhere (health permitting)

Well we're all glad to have you here, Billy!  Grin

It just bugs me when people say someone is wrong because an insider said differently.  If it really was like a WIBN 2, they're not going to tell us.  

You are too much kid.  So you think the super-secret, tell-no-one third-hand info you have is more reliable than Ray, Debbie, etc?  Good luck in life being that gullible.  Somehow you've come to think you have secret knowledge that no one else has.  But we all hear the stories, receive the PMs, the top secret info that we are to repeat to no one, etc.  The truth is, none of us outsiders have special knowledge.  The minute you think you do is the minute you should realize you've been had.

EoL

All I'm going to say is you'd feel a bit embarrassed if you know who told me.  I'm not even sure why you posting here to be honest.  The vast majority of your posts the past couple years is just you arguing with people.  Before that, you made some really nice posts and I enjoyed listening to the music you made.

Okay.  So tell me who this incredible "insider" is who told you that Melinda isn't "above board."  I really want to know.  I'm fairly certain that Brian's attorneys and medical team aren't stupid enough to give inside info to some juvenile poster on a message board.  I feel equally certain that it wasn't Jean Sievers, Melinda or Brian.  So tell me who this person is who will make me feel so embarrassed to have questioned their inside info.

I think most of us know who this “insider” is. Most of us have gotten PMs from this person. I know I have. This “insider” uses the PM function like a 24/7 telegraph service. It’s one huge reason why I left this place. It’s sad when you get a PM from a supposedly respected member of the board that basically attempts to undermine the credibility of Melinda Wilson and her story. I knew the information I received was bullshit and said as much. Now, had this been a one time deal I would’ve blamed it on bad information and left it at that. But I have heard from others on this board who have received similar contact from this person with information that attempts to discredit Melinda in different ways. It’s a shadow campaign that has sucked a lot of people in.

Other things have been done by this “insider” that leave me aghast. And I guarantee you this “insider” will not directly challenge the things I’m writing in this post because it would most likely spark the fumes that have been building for YEARS now. A lot of posters are pissed off about this stuff.

Frankly, I don’t blame the Cincinnati Kid for getting caught up in it. I have been reading his posts over the years and no doubt assumed he was duped with some bullshit information somewhere along the line. The game seems to be: prey on the naivety of younger/newer fans: give them niblets of “insider” scoop, build a foundation of trust, and then tell untruths about a certain side of the organization via PM. The great thing about convincing younger/newer/enthusiastic fans this bullshit is that they carry the torch for the next generation…and there’s almost no better way to ensure your version of history becomes solidified fact than by doing that. And of course there’s the bonus that these enthusiastic fans will be eager to share this information with others - and thus this crap spreads like wildfire.

I will directly ask the Cincinnati Kid: Is this what happened, or something similar? (don’t bother answering me via PM, as I have the function turned off, we can keep this public)

This message board is ground zero for pretty much any information about The Beach Boys and Brian Wilson. Which means this place bears a huge responsibly for the historical accuracy of this band. Unfortunately, the high-profile of this place, the bolstered reputations of certain posters, and a seeming agenda to spread untruths (whether knowingly or unknowingly) have made for a perfect storm of falsehoods. Not only is the main board being used to perpetuate some rather presumptuous and false claims about Brian’s camp but the PM function is used in an even greater way to spread this untruthful information. The PM function serves as a phenomenal tool to keep this person from being challenged when making these ridiculous claims. Because if this person were to publicly share these allegations they would be admonished by the powers that be.

Given what has taken place in recent years, I’m fairly uneasy about even posting this. Some of the sh*t that has gone on behind the scenes still leaves me jaw-dropped. Because of all of this (and a few other reasons), I had to walk away from this place last December. Yes, I said I’d leave for good but from what I’ve seen here lately I think it’s hugely important to shed light on the things that take place here. I can’t stand to see more young/enthusiastic posters get caught up in the same bullshit that I and others got caught up in years ago.

To people like Cincinnati Kid and everyone else who has “reliable” sources (on both sides of the spectrum): fact-check, research, compile. Don’t trust sources because they are “insiders” or “connected”. Look at every angle and logically deduce what you think is right. I think that advice can go to everyone here, including myself.

PS. This bullshit that Melinda is Landy part II needs to stop. Landy was a psychotic control freak who had people surrounding Brian 24/7. Today, Brian is under no such scrutiny and goes where he wants to go when he wants to go. In the past few years he has recorded and worked with some of the finest musicians in the industry, he has done successful tours that have left audience goers in tears and breathless at the beauty and grandeur. No matter how much some of you want to believe that Brian’s world is black and white, it most certainly isn’t. Is Brian living in a perfect world? Probably not! Remember that Brian is a very active/creative person with schizo-affective disorder, auditory hallucinations, and manic depression. I’m certain that it becomes a high wire act to balance out Brian’s happiness, longevity, mental health, physical health, and reputation. There are so many wonderful people who love and care for Brian right now: It’s a slap in the face to each and every one of them to infer that shady things take place in that camp. Brian is looked at and cared for by some of the worlds best doctors and mental health providers. Hell, his whole current world was given a microscopic view by Bill Polhad and others for the film Love and Mercy. If anything drastically unhealthy were taking place in this organization it would most certainly would have come to light in a big way by now.

Very well put, rab2591. I think it's very easy for some people to pass judgment and make assumptions of what it must be like to be the spouse of Brian Wilson, but ultimately none of us have walked in her shoes.  She's not perfect, none of us are, but I'm sure she's doing her best, and she has a lot to contend with. The fact of the matter is that Brian has made major life strides and seems happy. For people to suggest otherwise is to insinuate Brian's smiling photos these days are some sort of trick.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 10:07:38 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 06, 2016, 10:07:08 AM »

BW looks really happy on the PS50 tour, this is a guy enjoying the fruits of his labor for sure.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 06, 2016, 10:18:04 AM »

You know, I keep going back to the Stroumboulopoulos interview. Brian can give awkward interviews, for sure. But this isn't a guy who's controlled. This isn't a guy who's miserable and doesn't like what he's doing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn9nLxUAAmI
I think that whoever is spreading incorrect information should stop and should properly make sure that their incorrect information is recanted to the degree that it no longer has any effect on public perception. That's the right thing to do.
Otherwise, I'm glad that it seems clear that on this board, that kind of thing doesn't go very far at this time. I understand that once upon a time it did; and good for SmileySmile.net that it knows better now.
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2016, 10:20:13 AM »

Not that I want to hear it anyway, but it feels like when I was chosen last on the playground that I haven't been made privy to these PMs.

"Bring me the head of Carmen Sandiego" Lynne "The Chief" Thigpen
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2016, 10:20:35 AM »

If The Cincinnati Kid and his/her compadre are not comfortable publicly naming names, I can understand that. I think, as The Cincinnati Kid made a public innuendo, then learned that his/her private information was incorrect, it's on him/her to publicly recant the innuendo. S/He's done that and it's hard to publicly say you were wrong, particularly after tempers have been raised, so good for The Cincinnati Kid.

edit to add: I'm not saying that the original sources shouldn't be sought and the whole thing cleared up, but I think The Cincinnati Kid unknowingly stumbled into a difficult situation and perhaps shouldn't be beat up too much for it.

A small but vocal narrative on this board for a while has been that Brian is controlled. I have to assume that the people that tow that line are getting the same information that is being alluded to here. This isn't a private matter - this is a matter that has had the potential to affect the reputation of Melinda Wilson. It has been made a public matter by not only those who admit they were given incorrect info just now, but by all those who have supported this narrative throughout the years. When people are getting highly sleazy information behind the scenes, and even information that seems harmless enough but does have the potential to undermine Melinda's credibility, it becomes a real problem for the sake of the board...hell, for the sake of historical accuracy.

I'm not asking Cincinnati Kid to bear the weight of all of this. He admitted he was duped and got incorrect information. But perhaps the person who Debbie says is "someone with considerable power on this Board" could enlighten us on this matter.

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 06, 2016, 10:23:57 AM »

It seems like the guys who make the rumors about BW being controlled are the miserable ones who BW long cut out of his life.

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 06, 2016, 10:24:38 AM »

Did no one else notice that the Kid said he was NOT accusing Melinda in the source post?

Or do I need my bifocals checked?

Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 06, 2016, 10:36:52 AM »

Did no one else notice that the Kid said he was NOT accusing Melinda in the source post?

Isn't the point that he's made the claim that people have made these accusations, people who are important enough to embarrass those who dismiss those accusations, and now it turns out those claims were false and people are now trying to figure out who made those false accusations in the first place? Isn't that the narrative here?
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 06, 2016, 10:41:07 AM »

If The Cincinnati Kid and his/her compadre are not comfortable publicly naming names, I can understand that. I think, as The Cincinnati Kid made a public innuendo, then learned that his/her private information was incorrect, it's on him/her to publicly recant the innuendo. S/He's done that and it's hard to publicly say you were wrong, particularly after tempers have been raised, so good for The Cincinnati Kid.

edit to add: I'm not saying that the original sources shouldn't be sought and the whole thing cleared up, but I think The Cincinnati Kid unknowingly stumbled into a difficult situation and perhaps shouldn't be beat up too much for it.

A small but vocal narrative on this board for a while has been that Brian is controlled. I have to assume that the people that tow that line are getting the same information that is being alluded to here. This isn't a private matter - this is a matter that has had the potential to affect the reputation of Melinda Wilson. It has been made a public matter by not only those who admit they were given incorrect info just now, but by all those who have supported this narrative throughout the years. When people are getting highly sleazy information behind the scenes, and even information that seems harmless enough but does have the potential to undermine Melinda's credibility, it becomes a real problem for the sake of the board...hell, for the sake of historical accuracy.

I'm not asking Cincinnati Kid to bear the weight of all of this. He admitted he was duped and got incorrect information. But perhaps the person who Debbie says is "someone with considerable power on this Board" could enlighten us on this matter.
I agree with you, though I think this thread is evidence that not many people are buying what they're selling. I would like very much if someone would open the closed door and let us all see what's going on back there. And I encourage people to put the cards on the table, and all those metaphors. But, I also think that The Cincinnati Kid, as I think you agree, shouldn't be made the scape goat for the whole movement.
Basically, what I'm saying is that it might not seem that I agree with you, because my emphasis was on 'leave Cincinnati Kid alone' but I do agree with you.

eta: I also think that what I thought was a mounting witch trial of Cincinnati Kid has not occurred and seems unlikely to, so please carry on.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 10:48:08 AM by Emily » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 06, 2016, 10:41:38 AM »

Yes.

I frankly don’t think it’s possible to be a responsible spouse of a guy like Brian, and to not exhibit what some outside people might construe as somewhat of a controlling nature at times. That doesn’t mean that Melinda is anything like Landy. If Brian is a guy who – on his own – has a hard time ever saying “no”, and he has a history of toxic people - including blood relatives - exploiting that tendency, what is a protective spouse possibly supposed to do in that type of situation? The answer: her best. I can understand why that could potentially piss some people off, but it has to be considered in that context, and the "Landy" comparison should be nixed for all time. For critics of Melinda, I pose the same question: what is someone in her shoes supposed to do if she truly feels that people are trying to exploit and use Brian?

Again, the truth is in the fact that Brian seems outwardly *noticeably* happier than he has in decades.  Significantly so. Also, his bandmate for decades and old friend from his teenage years, Al, is there by his side all the time and isn’t calling foul. That’s got to say something.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 10:49:40 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 06, 2016, 10:51:38 AM »

Isn't the point that he's made the claim that people have made these accusations, people who are important enough to embarrass those who dismiss those accusations, and now it turns out those claims were false and people are now trying to figure out who made those false accusations in the first place? Isn't that the narrative here?

I don't think so. It seems to me he acknowledged that people were saying things which he never believed, hence from the very get go he was not accusing Melinda yet people commenced shooting the messenger (Kid). Kid can speak for himself, and has, but it seems people are not hearing him.

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #111 on: April 06, 2016, 10:59:11 AM »

To people like Cincinnati Kid and everyone else who has “reliable” sources (on both sides of the spectrum): fact-check, research, compile. Don’t trust sources because they are “insiders” or “connected”. Look at every angle and logically deduce what you think is right. I think that advice can go to everyone here, including myself.

PS. This bullshit that Melinda is Landy part II needs to stop. Landy was a psychotic control freak who had people surrounding Brian 24/7. Today, Brian is under no such scrutiny and goes where he wants to go when he wants to go. In the past few years he has recorded and worked with some of the finest musicians in the industry, he has done successful tours that have left audience goers in tears and breathless at the beauty and grandeur. No matter how much some of you want to believe that Brian’s world is black and white, it most certainly isn’t. Is Brian living in a perfect world? Probably not! Remember that Brian is a very active/creative person with schizo-affective disorder, auditory hallucinations, and manic depression. I’m certain that it becomes a high wire act to balance out Brian’s happiness, longevity, mental health, physical health, and reputation. There are so many wonderful people who love and care for Brian right now: It’s a slap in the face to each and every one of them to infer that shady things take place in that camp. Brian is looked at and cared for by some of the worlds best doctors and mental health providers. Hell, his whole current world was given a microscopic view by Bill Polhad and others for the film Love and Mercy. If anything drastically unhealthy were taking place in this organization it would most certainly would have come to light in a big way by now.

On these two points...

1) Very true, and something I've had to learn the hard way over the years.

2) I've seen absolutely nothing to the contrary

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Chocolate Shake Man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 06, 2016, 11:00:15 AM »

I don't think so. It seems to me he acknowledged that people were saying things which he never believed, hence from the very get go he was not accusing Melinda yet people commenced shooting the messenger (Kid). Kid can speak for himself, and has, but it seems people are not hearing him.

It seems to me that people have acknowledged this since the last page.
Paul J B
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 06, 2016, 11:03:54 AM »

Anyone that thinks Melinda was/is bad for Brian is ignorant. After Brian married her, was when the true "Brian is Back" era began. Does she push him and influence him?.....ah....yes...and so what. That is not a bad thing. I can't get into all of the reasons why right now but I firmly believe Brian does need people, people that have his best interest at heart, to coax him along to an extent. I don't know anyone with mental health issues that does not require continued help. Melinda was/is the right help. It seems she rubs some people the wrong way but again, so what. Before she came along what was Brian's professional life going like? An occasional appearance with the Boys in concert and his '88 album that had the taint of Landy. Add up all that we as fans have received since Brian married Melinda and it's pretty staggering.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 06, 2016, 11:04:14 AM »

I agree with you, though I think this thread is evidence that not many people are buying what they're selling. I would like very much if someone would open the closed door and let us all see what's going on back there. And I encourage people to put the cards on the table, and all those metaphors. But, I also think that The Cincinnati Kid, as I think you agree, shouldn't be made the scape goat for the whole movement.
Basically, what I'm saying is that it might not seem that I agree with you, because my emphasis was on 'leave Cincinnati Kid alone' but I do agree with you.

eta: I also think that what I thought was a mounting witch trial of Cincinnati Kid has not occurred and seems unlikely to, so please carry on.

No, I totally see your point, and I think we both agree 100%. Pardon if I made it sound like I wasn't in agreement with you. I have no problems with Cincinnati Kid. I was duped by false information years ago as well, which is why this is a very important topic to me.

Cam, that point is totally irrelevant at this point. I know you're doing your best to filibuster this thread with a completely pointless offshoot of this topic, but may I remind you that regardless of whether or not the Cincinnati Kid believed the information, he still received this information. He further clarified that he and someone "all of us like very much" received this information. I would just love to know who this anonymous source is that is spreading incorrect information.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 11:05:26 AM by rab2591 » Logged

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 06, 2016, 11:05:45 AM »

Yeah don't shot the messenger of the kid in a greater scheme of deception!

Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: April 06, 2016, 11:07:00 AM »

Cam: given your proven track record of being unable to acknowledge even the smallest of faults in Mike Love's published statements, very few of us here expect you to be able to pick up on the nuance of what is going on now when it involves a negative regarding information propagated by Mike Love.  Your ability to dissect information seems to diminish to less than nil when Mike is negatively impacted.  Given all prior attempts to enlighten you have been unsuccessful, I don't think we will be able to help remedy your stubbornness in this thread either.  Sorry I cannot be of assistance.

EoL

SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 06, 2016, 11:10:37 AM »

Is Cam a puppet from the ringleader in this online anti-Melinda Wilson PR campaign?

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: April 06, 2016, 11:13:12 AM »

Cam: given your proven track record of being unable to acknowledge even the smallest of faults in Mike Love's published statements, very few of us here expect you to be able to pick up on the nuance of what is going on now when it involves a negative regarding information propagated by Mike Love.  Your ability to dissect information seems to diminish to less than nil when Mike is negatively impacted.  Given all prior attempts to enlighten you have been unsuccessful, I don't think we will be able to help remedy your stubbornness in this thread either.  Sorry I cannot be of assistance.

EoL

Aww, you're adorable. I agree, you won't be of assistance to me. By all means though, continue to over-react.

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 06, 2016, 11:19:57 AM »

Is Cam a puppet from the ringleader in this online anti-Melinda Wilson PR campaign?

Yes, half of the members are all me under assumed names and we, I mean me, are all on Mike's payroll. Actually I am Mike.

Let me straighten your hat for you (pushes back aluminum foil skull cap). There.   Grin

Cam Mott
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: April 06, 2016, 11:23:16 AM »

Anyone that thinks Melinda was/is bad for Brian is ignorant. After Brian married her, was when the true "Brian is Back" era began. Does she push him and influence him?.....ah....yes...and so what. That is not a bad thing. I can't get into all of the reasons why right now but I firmly believe Brian does need people, people that have his best interest at heart, to coax him along to an extent. I don't know anyone with mental health issues that does not require continued help. Melinda was/is the right help. It seems she rubs some people the wrong way but again, so what. Before she came along what was Brian's professional life going like? An occasional appearance with the Boys in concert and his '88 album that had the taint of Landy. Add up all that we as fans have received since Brian married Melinda and it's pretty staggering.

As has been said before, anyone criticizing Melinda (or any of the spouses) must not have ever been married and certainly haven't walked a mile in their shoes.

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 06, 2016, 11:31:36 AM »

It seems like the guys who make the rumors about BW being controlled are the miserable ones who BW long cut out of his life.

Very true indeed!!

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 06, 2016, 12:45:38 PM »

Not that I want to hear it anyway, but it feels like when I was chosen last on the playground that I haven't been made privy to these PMs.

Seriously. I should've done a better job sucking up to all of the wrong people.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2016, 01:22:27 PM »

Cudos to the Cinci Kid for having the cajones to come clean, admit that there was an error in the info and let folks here know.

THAT's called bein' a man. Cool Guy

[SJS, on the other hand...I'm not sure what 'that' is that HE does.  He's actually the one who likes to "pile on".  He's always trying to pile up that 'agenda' of his.  He's done it piles of times.  And it's a pile of bull fodder every time.  So then...Is that what it's like to have piles?  Wink ]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way Rab....Right on/Bang on.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 01:32:32 PM by Add Some » Logged

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2016, 02:48:06 PM »

Aww, nobody ever PMs me nasty gossip. I feel left out.

Hey asshole who sends nasty PMs, how about you PM me? PS, I'll probably be rude to you because it seems you're kind of a dick.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx