gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 10:12:14 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike Love book out in September  (Read 62030 times)
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: May 31, 2016, 02:21:33 PM »

Mike love is a piece of sh*t ...

I have a question for the moderators. I didn't know whether to move the above quote ^ to the Ask The Moderators thread or the Thread For Arguments With Or About Moderation, so I'll ask the question here. What is the moderators' stance on calling a Beach Boy "a piece of sh*t"?
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 02:25:39 PM by Sheriff John Stone » Logged
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: May 31, 2016, 03:20:41 PM »

I have a question for the moderators. I didn't know whether to move the above quote ^ to the Ask The Moderators thread or the Thread For Arguments With Or About Moderation, so I'll ask the question here. What is the moderators' stance on calling a Beach Boy "a piece of sh*t"?

I'd say as long as it's myKe luHv, it's kind of accepted by the masses.  Wink

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Autotune
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: May 31, 2016, 08:49:39 PM »

Ahhh...

Nevermind. This board's half dead now anyway.

"His lyrical ability has never been touched by anyone, except for Mike Love."

-Brian Wilson on Van Dyke Parks (2015)
KDS
« Reply #253 on: June 01, 2016, 05:06:41 AM »

Funny how a critique of a Brian Wilson song can be met with a half page long rebuttal, sometimes filled with claims that criticizing a song is a show of disrespect.   

Yet, calling Mike Love a piece of sh*t is ignored. 
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 01, 2016, 07:01:42 AM »

Nevermind. This board's half dead now anyway.

It's just a lull in the proceedings. Mark my words. Cool Guy

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Cabinessenceking
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: June 05, 2016, 01:55:46 PM »

I apologise to you all for that remark. In my mind it is unfortunately true and I find it so sad that the music I love so much is connected with such a loathsome individual, even though he had a great voice and was very important in the band's story. I wish my opinion of him was better, but the man continues to promote an image which I cannot dissociate from plain contemptibility.

I'm sorry for riling this board though. It'd better if I held my tongue on the matter.
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #256 on: June 06, 2016, 08:29:33 AM »

Seems like the release date for Mikes new book has (with no surprise) been pushed back. As always Amazon only have this to say for now; "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

*EDIT

However, must only be the UK as the US says 13th Sept....  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 08:31:21 AM by Cool Cool Water » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #257 on: June 06, 2016, 08:39:58 AM »

While publishing delays are common, I still see September 13 as the date on Amazon, for both physical and digital versions for the US (and Amazon UK shows Sep. 13 still for the physical book and Aug. 30 for the digital version). 

Having ordered way too much stuff (including pre-orders) on Amazon, I've found that they'll often send out e-mails with changing info about estimated delivery dates. I think it has more to do with their distributor and is sometimes simply a case of not knowing if they'll get the book early enough to be able to get it delivered by the release date. So the date *may* still be Sep. 13.

On the other hand, sometimes the release date *does* change and Amazon, instead of actually just changing the "release date" on their page, simply shifts the "availability" of the item. So I've seen cases where say, you'd hit Sep. 13 and the book is delayed until Oct. 13, but instead of simply changing *that* date, they keep the Sep. 13 date and change availability to "ships in 2 to 4 weeks."

Dunno if it was temp art or fan art or what, but Amazon UK has a separate listing for another version of Mike's book (with a Sep. 1 release date), which only has Mike's name (no mention of Hirsch) with different cover art:

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx