gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 09:36:05 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pet Sounds 50 track listing  (Read 56098 times)
remy13127
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 19, 2016, 02:14:23 PM »

Hi everyone,
I just went through the Box Set and I love the package. It makes me want to start a collection of books/music. Imagine the same kind of box set for Friends, Sunflower, Surf's Up, Holland or Love You (with 5 discs of content (highlights from sessions, live, backing tracks, a capella, alternates mixes...) for each album, I'm sure there is enough material) ! It would look so great on a shelf !
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 02:15:05 PM by remy13127 » Logged
PetSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 23, 2016, 03:23:14 PM »

'Good Vibrations (Partial Vocal) is a little disappointing: they omitted the 'hum-dee-daa' section. Still a track worth having, I'd say.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 02:14:16 PM by PetSmile » Logged

"Join the young and often spring you gave" - Surf's Up (BW/VDP)
Ebb and Flow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: June 24, 2016, 12:29:35 AM »

The previously unreleased track 'Good Vibrations (Partial Vocal) is no doubt a great disappointment. Up until the vocal bridge, I felt it was an absolute revelation, since it's in stereo, but they omitted the 'hum-dee-daa' section. Such a shame. It shows that the extended vocal bridge is neglected by the people in charge. I hope future releases will include it, as for me it's not GV without that heavenly part.

Those vocals are not on the original single mix, nor the 1st stage vocal overdub reel that that new mix uses.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2016, 03:12:57 AM by Ebb and Flow » Logged
PetSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 24, 2016, 04:54:33 AM »

Could they not have inserted it?

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: June 24, 2016, 06:19:20 AM »

Wasn't the whole point of including that "Partial Vocal" tape to essentially just plop down into the set the in-progress "working version" of the song up to that point?

I think inserting something else into it that wasn't there would have defeated the whole purpose of including the track. It's a tape with only partial lead vocals that I assume is being included mainly because interest in that partial vocal tape was piqued when it was used in the "Love & Mercy" film; it's not supposed to be a top-tier "finished" presentation.

The "Hum-be-dum" stuff is available elsewhere, I don't see why they would have or should have shoehorned it into this particular tape.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
PetSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 24, 2016, 07:18:58 AM »

« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 02:11:07 PM by PetSmile » Logged

Jim V.
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 24, 2016, 10:04:16 AM »

Still, hum-dee-daa sounds extraordinary in stereo. It is available on the Smile Sessions GV track, which is in poor quality, so it should have been released with the stereo partial vocal track. I think the whole point of GV (Partial Vocal) was to release Good Vibrations in stereo as far as possible.

I don't get your point. The version of "Good Vibrations" is not the "hum-be-da" version. If you like it, awesome, but obviously they are focusing on the the original classic single version (albeit in stereo), not an alternate version.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 24, 2016, 01:53:10 PM »

There's also the GV anniversary release to come later this year. Why throw all their eggs away in one premature basket? Patience is a virtue!

“We live in divisive times.”
PetSmile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 24, 2016, 03:23:25 PM »

Ah yes, I heard about the commemorative GV release. I know this seems unlikely, but the GV material should be part of a 50th Anniversary Smile reissue (Disk 1) in true stereo.

gfx
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx