gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 02:33:19 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Steve Love A Credible Source?  (Read 51598 times)
Robbie Mac
Smiley Smile Associate

Carl Wilson is not amused.

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2016, 07:06:47 PM »

I think both Rocky and his haters are equally to blame for this tit for tat bullshit.

The world could come together as one
If everybody under the sun
Adds some 🎼 to your day
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 23, 2016, 11:14:24 AM »

Smiley Smiley Just a little RECAP... of the "HATE TIT for TAT"...  No one who reads Smile can DENY that I was not only attacked immediately... personally... and without provocation!                  On everything imaginable... including PERSONAL ATTACKS... not just my USE of Cap's or Quotes or Spelling... but of being Illiterate... and including being a FU*KING MORON etc... etc... the list goes on and on.  And... I REFRAINED FROM ENGAGING IN THE INSULTS!!!  I even posted a quote... from one of the members who pleaded with the posters... "TO GIVE THIS GUY A CHANCE... LET'S HEAR WHAT HE HAS TO SAY... BEFORE WE START INSULTING HIM!  I even quoted scripture..."Let he who has not sinned ... CAST THE FIRST STONE"...
I even posted a modified version of Dylan's "Blowin In The WIND... (from page 32 of Smiley Smile)  But the "INSULTS were HURLED at me by the THOUSANDS...

How many times
                                                                                           Must a man turn the other cheek
                                                                                           Before he stands up and speaks

How many criticisms
                                                                                           Must one man allow
                                                                                           Before he finally lashes out

How many INSULT'S
                                                                                           Must one man endure
                                                                                           Before he fights back for sure

How many times
                                                                                           Must a man hold his tongue
                                                                                           And pretend that he just doesn't hear

To suffer the slings and arrows
                                                                                           Aimed to impugn my work
                                                                                           Daggers coming straight for my words

The answer my friend
                                                                                           Is blowin in the wind
                                                                                           The answer is blowin in the wind                                                                                                            

« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 08:53:26 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
James Hughes-Clarke
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 23, 2016, 05:58:10 PM »

Smiley Smiley Just a little RECAP... of the "HATE TIT for TAT"...  No one who reads Smile can DENY that I was not only attacked immediately... personally... and without provocation!                  On everything imaginable... including PERSONAL ATTACKS... not just my USE of Cap's or Quotes or Spelling... but of being Illiterate... a FU*KING MORON etc... etc... the list goes on and on.  And... I REFRAINED FROM ENGAGING IN THE INSULTS!!!  I even posted a quote... from one of the members who pleaded with the posters... "TO GIVE THIS GUY A CHANCE... LET'S HEAR WHAT HE HAS TO SAY... BEFORE WE START INSULTING HIM!  I even quoted scripture..."Let he who has not sinned ... CAST THE FIRST STONE"...
I even posted a modified version of Dylan's "Blowin In The WIND... (from page 32 of Smiley Smile)  But the "INSULTS were HURLED at me by the THOUSANDS...

How many times

How many criticisms
                                                                                           Must one man allow

How many INSULT'S
                                                                                           Must one man endure

How many times

Aimed to impugn my work

The answer my friend
                                                                                           Is blowin in the wind

Funny how the worst bullies often turn out to be the biggest whingers....

Hypnotise me into thinking I'm not insane
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: March 24, 2016, 05:42:43 AM »

Trying to get this thread back on track...

What are we to make of the following:

1. Mike asks for a few song writing credits and 750k.  Brian's lawyers urge him not to settle and next thing you know Mike takes a defenseless Brian to the cleaners and comes away with far more credits than originally requested.  Something seems off about this from the get go.

2. Mike files the "Smile lawsuit" against Brian in 2005, makes a series of provably absurd false claims regarding Brian in the lawsuit.  The lawsuit lasts around five years and is filled with shenanigans including at least one false witness.

3. Steve Love acknowledges in a deposition that there were shenanigans at play in the song writing credit lawsuit.

4. Rocky seems to be saying there is a smoking gun tape that we expose perjury in the song writing credits case.  Whatever you think about him, he seems to be acknowledging he and at least one other (Steve, Stan, someone else) committed perjury.

I'm not sure what to make of all of this, but as the saying goes, where there is smoke there is fire.  Mike credibility is in question after the false claims and fabricated witness of the Smile lawsuit in 2005.  Now there appears to be testimony challenging the song writing credit claims.  One apparent witness is Steve Love, who even AGD acknowledges has a track record of being a credible source.  Where does this leave us in regards to the song writing credits?  There are a lot of unanswered questions, but the information above does not paint a pretty picture.

I hope the truth comes out, but suspect it never will.

EoL

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 24, 2016, 08:26:09 AM »

Trying to get this thread back on track...

What are we to make of the following:

1. Mike asks for a few song writing credits and 750k.  Brian's lawyers urge him not to settle and next thing you know Mike takes a defenseless Brian to the cleaners and comes away with far more credits than originally requested.  Something seems off about this from the get go.

2. Mike files the "Smile lawsuit" against Brian in 2005, makes a series of provably absurd false claims regarding Brian in the lawsuit.  The lawsuit lasts around five years and is filled with shenanigans including at least one false witness.

3. Steve Love acknowledges in a deposition that there were shenanigans at play in the song writing credit lawsuit.

4. Rocky seems to be saying there is a smoking gun tape that we expose perjury in the song writing credits case.  Whatever you think about him, he seems to be acknowledging he and at least one other (Steve, Stan, someone else) committed perjury.

I'm not sure what to make of all of this, but as the saying goes, where there is smoke there is fire.  Mike credibility is in question after the false claims and fabricated witness of the Smile lawsuit in 2005.  Now there appears to be testimony challenging the song writing credit claims.  One apparent witness is Steve Love, who even AGD acknowledges has a track record of being a credible source.  Where does this leave us in regards to the song writing credits?  There are a lot of unanswered questions, but the information above does not paint a pretty picture.

I hope the truth comes out, but suspect it never will.

EoL

The sad thing is, I think that whether the truth comes out or not is possibly going to depend on who outlives who in the story.  Just look at Scott Wilson's book. Lots of truly fascinating yet deeply disturbing relations in that book. It took guts for him to say what he said.  Not sure if all of those stories in the book would have come to light if Denny were still living.  I also think it takes guts for Steve to bring to light issues which I suspect he deeply believes are the truth. Whether the book is  grammatically flawless, or whether it contains grammatical errors is of little consequence, much like Scott's book.

The number of points you list above are quite fascinating to see as a list.   Figuring it all out remains a big mystery at this point, almost like a episode of Law and Order or Forensic Files.  I suspect that Rocky and Steve are going to have an impact on the story in some fashion from this point out, and I think that Mike's book will be impacted as well in some fashion, even if it's only a sentence or two to attempt to completely discredit his brother. Just my guess.

I wonder if anyone has ever called Steve, "The Lovester".
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 08:30:47 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 24, 2016, 08:50:46 AM »

Smiley Smiley Just a little RECAP... of the "HATE TIT for TAT"...  No one who reads Smile can DENY that I was not only attacked immediately... and without provocation!   On everything imaginable... including PERSONAL ATTACKS... not just my USE of Cap's or Quotes or Spelling... but of little things like being... "Illiterate"... including being a FU*KING MORON etc... etc... the list goes on and on.  And... I REFRAINED FROM ENGAGING IN THE INSULTS!!!  I even posted a quote... from one of the members who pleaded with the posters... "TO GIVE THIS GUY A CHANCE... LET'S HEAR WHAT HE HAS TO SAY... BEFORE WE START INSULTING HIM!  I even quoted scripture..."Let he who has not sinned ... CAST THE FIRST STONE"...

How many times

How many criticisms
                                                                                           Must one man allow

How many INSULT'S
                                                                                           Must one man endure

How many times

Aimed to impugn my work

The answer my friend
                                                                                           Is blowin in the wind

You wonder if anyone ever called Steve the"Lovestar?"

Smiley Smiley What would you call the manager who made each of the, broke, Beach Boys Millions in Investments...touring, and in recording again as a result of Stephen's Brian's Back campaign... does that QUALIFY as Lovestar?  Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 03:33:38 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 24, 2016, 09:52:10 AM »

Smiley Smiley How about the Manager who made each of the, broke, Beach Boys Millions in Investments... does that QUALIFY as Lovestar?

Rocky, there's another thread on this board where people are speculating about why Mike had to file for bankruptcy in the early 1980s, which was also around the time the band really dug deep into performing any controversial show for money (like playing South Africa in 1981 during the heart of Apartheid, and Mike speaking the infamous quote which I'm paraphrasing "the UN can screw themselves... it's [the gig is] good money")...

I think these events were not long after Steve was removed from his position in the band, and if Steve being present was good for the Boys financially, it seems to make sense that that Steve's removal coincided with the band members - especially Mike - being broke and really needing money.
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 24, 2016, 10:14:41 AM »

Smiley Smiley Stephen was empowered by virtue of being designated the sole General Partner, that is, the control person, and the individual Beach Boys were limited partners, which means they have no say in the management of the investments or the disposition of funds.  Of (1) Spaulding Ranch in Santa Barbara.  (2) Modal... the Motel 6 in Dallas Texas and  (3) A 30 acre parcel of raw land in South Kona on the Big Island.  When Mike turned on Stephen for sending him the telegram that read: Now is not the time to be stupid... You need to get back here and rehearse for the tour in two weeks.  Mike betrayed Stephen and sided with Dennis and Carl, Brian's drug provider and enabler, and voted with Dennis and Carl to have Stephen FIRED... while still owing him $550,000 dollars on his existing Management Contract.  Of which they paid him $150,000 and then STOPPED ALL FURTHER PAYMENTS! Still owing him $400,000 dollars.
     Therefore, Stephen, then LEGALLY sold the Spaulding Ranch Investment, that had No Water Easement, and LEGALLY "Re-invested" the Beach Boys $315,000 dollars and his $315,000 dollars ($630,000) in Beach Front Property in Hanalei Bay Kauaii... now worth $25 Million dollars!  Stephen's "brother" Mike had Stephen arrested  and charged with embezzlement!  The above Court Order completely Exonerates Stephen of any Illegal wrongdoing!  But because Stephen was not financially able to Counter Sue the Beach Boys for the remaining $400,000 dollars they still owed him on his previous Management Contract... the embezzlement stigma stuck to Stephen  Exactly what Mike wanted... "Brotherly Love"... or a common Mike Love POWER MOVE!  Sue the FU*K OUT OF EVERYBODY... and hope they don't have money to defend themselves!  But at least DESTROY their life!
     Even though the final analysis it came down to Superior Court Judge Nancy Brown: Mr. Love your plea of "No Contest" entered ten years ago, is set aside, a "NOT GUILTY" plea entered, the case is dismised, and your record expunged.  Do you understand all of that?  The defendant: Mr. Love, "Yes, and THANK YOU, Judge Brown. That is music to my ears!"  For Stephen, two of his favorite words are EXONERATION and Expungement!  Brotherly Love turns out to be just another Mike Love LIE... just ask Brian Wilson!    
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 11:29:50 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

"My God. It's full of stars."

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 24, 2016, 11:48:02 AM »

Rocky, if it your objective to make things right and bring justice to this matter, why don’t you give a copy of the tape to Brian Wilson?

Bill Tobelman's SMiLE site

God must’ve smiled the day Brian Wilson was born!

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 24, 2016, 12:16:34 PM »

Why did he plead no contest to the criminal charge if he was innocent?
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 24, 2016, 12:53:59 PM »

I would like Rick and everyone else in the blogosphere to know that I was fully exonerated of the one count of grand larceny I pled no contest to (in order to avoid a circus of a trial) by Order of judge Nancy Brown of the Los Angeles Superior Court on FEB 22, 1996.

-Steve Love

https://manvsclown.wordpress.com/2006/07/21/why-i-hate-mike-love/#comment-6171

"ragegasm" - /rāj • ga-zəm/ : a logical mental response produced when your favorite band becomes remotely associated with the bro-country genre.

Ever want to hear some Beach Boys songs mashed up together like The Beatles' 'LOVE' album? Check out my mix!
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 24, 2016, 01:33:48 PM »

I would like Rick and everyone else in the blogosphere to know that I was fully exonerated of the one count of grand larceny I pled no contest to (in order to avoid a circus of a trial) by Order of judge Nancy Brown of the Los Angeles Superior Court on FEB 22, 1996.

-Steve Love

https://manvsclown.wordpress.com/2006/07/21/why-i-hate-mike-love/#comment-6171
Smiley Smiley THANK YOU!   You, my friend, have just answered the 64 thousand dollar question!  Is it really that difficult to GET!  But, you watch, there will still be people on this thread that will not GRASP your response! Because all they want is a CIRCUS LIFE here! LOL LOL  I can only IMAGINE what their PERSONAL LIVES ARE LIKE!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 04:20:38 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 24, 2016, 01:41:39 PM »

Rocky, if it your objective to make things right and bring justice to this matter, why don’t you give a copy of the tape to Brian Wilson?
Smiley Smiley Because I took it even one GIANT step further... and took a meeting with Brian's Lawyers at the Brentwood Mezzaluna restaurant... and PLAYED it for them!  They, then, got me...    MY OWN ATTORNEY ... Charles English... who secured IMMUNITY for me!  And then the SH*T really hit the fan for MIKE... (to the tune of millions)...TO LEARN THE REST... you'll just have to read the book when it comes out!  And it will COME OUT!   And Beach Boy fans will "BOO"... Mike off the stage!  And Brian and Stephen will both HAVE THE LAST LAUGH!!! LOL LOL
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 03:42:55 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 24, 2016, 03:28:47 PM »

Smiley Smiley How about the Manager who made each of the, broke, Beach Boys Millions in Investments... does that QUALIFY as Lovestar?

Rocky, there's another thread on this board where people are speculating about why Mike had to file for bankruptcy in the early 1980s, which was also around the time the band really dug deep into performing any controversial show for money (like playing South Africa in 1981 during the heart of Apartheid, and Mike speaking the infamous quote which I'm paraphrasing "the UN can screw themselves... it's [the gig is] good money")...

I think these events were not long after Steve was removed from his position in the band, and if Steve being present was good for the Boys financially, it seems to make sense that that Steve's removal coincided with the band members - especially Mike - being broke and really needing money.
Smiley Smiley The Beach Boys made the boneheaded blunder of a lifetime when they fired Stephen, for not sending me home for punching out Carl, at the beginning of 1978!  He had resurrected their floundering careers, in his nine year tenure, and as you just stated within a few years, AFTER FIRING STEPHEN, they were no longer financially solvent... ie; filing BANKRUPTCY!  A MULTI MILLIONAIRE BEACH BOY FILING BANKRUPTCY ... COME ON!  Even after Stephen had made them millions touring, investment wise, and a two million dollar advance from CBS records for his Brian's Back campaign!  These guys are their OWN WORST ENEMY!   Look what Mike did to Brian? LOL LOL
« Last Edit: March 29, 2016, 10:32:25 AM by rockrush3 » Logged
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 24, 2016, 03:32:29 PM »

Smiley Smiley Because I took it even one GIANT step further... and took a meeting with Brian's Lawyers at the Mezzaluna restaurant... and PLAYED it for them! They, then, got me MY OWN Lawyer... Charles English... who got ME IMMUNITY!  And then the SH*T really hit the fan for MIKE... (to the tune of millions)...to know the rest... you'll just have to read the book when it comes out!  And it will COME OUT! Smiley Smiley

Rocky - help me out here...if Brian's attorneys have the tape, why didn't they act, since this is "to the tune of millions?"
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: March 24, 2016, 03:37:55 PM »

Rocky, could we get a look at your avatar in full size, it appears to be a legal document of some sort?

Doe showed us his, maybe you could show us yours?  Wink

EoL
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 03:39:37 PM by Empire Of Love » Logged

rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 24, 2016, 03:52:39 PM »

Smiley Smiley Because I took it even one GIANT step further... and took a meeting with Brian's Lawyers at the Mezzaluna restaurant... and PLAYED it for them! They, then, got me MY OWN Lawyer... Charles English... who got ME IMMUNITY!  And then the SH*T really hit the fan for MIKE... (to the tune of millions)...to know the rest... you'll just have to read the book when it comes out!  And it will COME OUT! Smiley Smiley

Rocky - help me out here...if Brian's attorneys have the tape, why didn't they act, since this is "to the tune of millions?"
Smiley Smiley THERE WAS PLENTY OF ACTION... JUST NOT MEDIA EXPOSED... UNTIL NOW!!!  I cannot tell any of you any more... you will have to read the book when it comes out! Smiley Smiley
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 24, 2016, 03:58:43 PM »

Rocky, could we get a look at your avatar in full size, it appears to be a legal document of some sort?

Doe showed us his, maybe you could show us yours?  Wink

EoL
Smiley Smiley I'm working on it... It is a copy of the Court Order!  Stephen's Exoneration and expungement!  Have the "Fact Checkers" get their magnifying glasses out! The same way they scrutinize EVERYTHING else!  LOL Wink
« Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 04:03:47 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 24, 2016, 04:30:53 PM »

Rocky wins the thread! Cool

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 24, 2016, 05:55:13 PM »

Smiley Smiley THERE WAS PLENTY OF ACTION... JUST NOT MEDIA EXPOSED... UNTIL NOW!!!  I cannot tell any of you any more... you will have to read the book when it comes out! Smiley Smiley

Okay, the book, the book, I get it. But are you inferring that an out of court settlement took place? A Pauly Walnuts sit down? A Come To Jesus moment?

If so, it may account for Mike's current sour attitude. Interestin'.

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 24, 2016, 06:00:10 PM »

Okay, the book, the book, I get it. But are you inferring that an out of court settlement took place? A Pauly Walnuts sit down? A Come To Jesus moment?

If so, it may account for Mike's current sour attitude. Interestin'.
Given that the events Rocky is recounting took place at a restaurant that has been closed for 20 years, I can't see the connection to Mike's current media gripes.
rab2591
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 24, 2016, 06:22:17 PM »

Rocky, if there were lies told during the trial, did they affect the way the songwriting credits were awarded?

SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 24, 2016, 07:40:26 PM »

Smiley Smiley Because I took it even one GIANT step further... and took a meeting with Brian's Lawyers at the Brentwood Mezzaluna restaurant... and PLAYED it for them!  They, then, got me...    MY OWN ATTORNEY ... Charles English... who secured IMMUNITY for me!  And then the SH*T really hit the fan for MIKE... (to the tune of millions)...TO LEARN THE REST... you'll just have to read the book when it comes out!  And it will COME OUT!   And Beach Boy fans will "BOO"... Mike off the stage!  And Brian and Stephen will both HAVE THE LAST LAUGH!!! LOL LOL
I have the worst memory for facts, but, didn't Brian fire those lawyers and take legal action against them?

What you refer to, Brian may well not be aware of. In any event, I doubt those attorneys represent Brian these days nor would I imagine does he have any record of the tape.

So excellent suggestion, get Brian a copy of the tape Rocky/Steve.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #123 on: March 25, 2016, 01:00:02 AM »

You're correct. After they lost him pretty much all his publishing settlement, Brian's people reportedly sued the lawyers.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: March 25, 2016, 01:05:41 AM »

Smiley Smiley The Beach Boys made the boneheaded blunder of a lifetime when they fired Stephen, for not sending me home for punching out Carl, at the beginning of 1978!  He had resurrected their floundering careers, in his nine year tenure, and as you just stated within a few years they were no longer financially solvent... ie; filing BANKRUPTCY!  Even after Stephen had made them millions touring, investment wise, and a two million dollar advance from CBS records for his Brian's Back campaign!  These guys are their OWN WORST ENEMY!   Look what Mike did to Brian? LOL LOL

Um... the "Brian's Back" campaign was two years earlier, at Reprise. Nothing to do with CBS.

Oh, wait... that's "poetic licence" again, isn't it ?  Roll Eyes

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx