gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680724 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 08:54:03 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Steve Love A Credible Source?  (Read 51790 times)
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 22, 2016, 02:01:35 PM »

Thanks for saying what I've wanted to say to Pamplin in a far more temperate manner than I would have managed, William.
I would suspect Pamplin's book *will* come out, mind -- self-publishing is now easy for anyone, and as someone who has spent time around the self-publishing community (I've had books published through regular publishers and also self-published, so I'm not knocking it as a method to get work out) I would say Mr Pamplin is only slightly less literate, and only slightly more deluded, than the typical participant on the Kindle self-publishing message boards.
It's also likely that if he uses any kind of sense at all, he will have an "Amazon best-seller", and will come back to crow here about his great success -- just as someone recently managed to upload a photo of their foot to Amazon, get their mother and a friend to buy it, and have it go to number one for a couple of minutes in a tiny sub-sub-genre chart.
What he won't do, and I can say this as an absolute certainty, is make more than $100, total, from his "book"
Smiley Smiley Is that YOU in the middle of that picture... you look like 25 cents! LOL LOL
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 22, 2016, 02:27:07 PM »

This is straight-up old-school bullying and should not be allowed to stand - particularly as Andrew was decent enough to defend Rocky from some comments.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 02:46:54 PM by Emily » Logged
The_Holy_Bee
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 22, 2016, 02:35:03 PM »

Smiley Smiley YOU"RE A "CLOWN"... YOU JUST JOINED emily... LOL LOL

You know, Rushton, as I was expecting a point-by-point refutation of my substantive arguments, your above riposte does come as something of a disappointment. At least I thought my post was worthy of more than just four emoticons and a mere three incorrectly used quote marks. (CAPS ratio is pretty good though, so I guess I'll take it.)

In any case, I find it very hard to read "you just joined Emily" as anything but a glowing endorsement of my position on this topic, as well as my worth as a human being.

I would suspect Pamplin's book *will* come out, mind -- self-publishing is now easy for anyone, and as someone who has spent time around the self-publishing community (I've had books published through regular publishers and also self-published, so I'm not knocking it as a method to get work out) I would say Mr Pamplin is only slightly less literate, and only slightly more deluded, than the typical participant on the Kindle self-publishing message boards.

Thanks, Andrew - and you're quite right on the above, of course.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 02:44:57 PM by The_Holy_Bee » Logged
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2016, 03:00:00 PM »

This is straight-up old-school bullying and should not be allowed to stand - particularly as Andrew was decent enough to defend Rocky from some comments.

Thanks, but don't worry about it. I insulted his literacy and understanding of the world -- deservedly -- and he likewise insulted my appearance, deservedly. (Or at least I think that's what he was trying to do -- his idioms are not always the most comprehensible).
Since I give no thought to my own appearance, or to Pamplin's opinion of me, I'm really not bothered.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 22, 2016, 03:13:51 PM »

Okay, help me out here.  I've been tied up with some pretty serious business with a client - many hours of work - and I just returned to SS for more than the 5 seconds I devoted to Belgium (posting in an inappropriate section, sorry).  This is a thread about Steve Love's credibility, and it's gotten really nasty, focusing on Rocky.  On the other hand, Rocky's thread has gotten really civilized.  What does this have to do with Stephen?

Oops, just checked again on the other thread.  I guess civilized simply won't be happening here.  I guess it's "sport" of some form?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 03:20:10 PM by Debbie KL » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 22, 2016, 03:30:32 PM »

Back to the Steve Love topic... what do we know about Steve? Married, kids, things he's done in life broken down by year... does someone have any sort of timeline of his life? I'm still not clear why he is to be doubted.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: March 22, 2016, 03:37:37 PM »

Interesting - two consecutive posts from The Rockster that might have been written by two different people...  Roll Eyes

BTW, to answer the question originally posed: as regards all the stuff that's independently checkable, I'd have to say yes.
Smiley Smiley "doe doe"... Stephen wouldn't POST on this thread for anything in the world... I told him about this thread... and he said... "After the way they have VICIOUSLY and BRUTALLY  ATTACKED YOU... Ha... NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!!!  And as for emily... DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH! LOL LOL

A vicious and brutal attack was what you and Stan did to Dennis (I'll add cowardly, just for good measure, because it was, and you are): what you've experienced here is the mildest of amused intolerance. Mind, if you keep quoting your own posts ad nauseum, that might change.

BTW, and I must be loosing my keen researchers edge, it's just dawned on me: there's a site where Steve posts about Mike called "Man vs Clown"... and you claim Brian attacked a clown he though was Mike.

Hmmmm... anyone else thinking what I am ?  Grin
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 03:40:21 PM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 22, 2016, 03:41:14 PM »

Back to the Steve Love topic... what do we know about Steve? Married, kids, things he's done in life broken down by year... does someone have any sort of timeline of his life? I'm still not clear why he is to be doubted.

Ditto. Let's focus on the topic at hand. If Rushton wants to jump in, so be it. He has the right, as do the in-crowd / morally sanctimonious.

If anyone knows where the skeletons are buried, it's Stephen. Hence his separation from brother Mike. Which is stupid, basically...blood should be thicker than water. No exceptions.

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 22, 2016, 03:42:19 PM »

And Mike Love is the 100% undusputed truth by a certain group of posters. Roll Eyes

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 22, 2016, 03:56:57 PM »

I apologize for never keeping a journal or keeping track of these folks.  I still don't know how many wives Mike had - not that it matters - but some people here seem to focus on every date and detail.  I'm not one of them.  Maybe Rocky can share more about him, since they're friends?
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 22, 2016, 04:14:44 PM »

Ditto. Let's focus on the topic at hand. If Rushton wants to jump in, so be it. He has the right, as do the in-crowd / morally sanctimonious.

If anyone knows where the skeletons are buried, it's Stephen. Hence his separation from brother Mike. Which is stupid, basically...blood should be thicker than water. No exceptions.
Smiley Smiley Here... Here... Doo Dah!  You astound me!   But you have to REALIZE... blood being thicker than water means nothing to mike-y!  It TRULY doesn't... "MONEY" is mike ONLY GOD!      He only comes out of his "SCHEMATATION" to SUE Brian for MONEY for SONGS that HE DID NOT WRITE!!! Evil Evil
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 22, 2016, 04:19:42 PM »

I apologize for never keeping a journal or keeping track of these folks.  I still don't know how many wives Mike had - not that it matters - but some people here seem to focus on every date and detail.  I'm not one of them.  Maybe Rocky can share more about him, since they're friends?
Smiley Smiley Debbie you are so smart... I can't begin to tell you how accurate you are in your quick assessment of these people!  The trivial meaningless drivel that they wallow in... instead of things of actual importance!  You are a GOD SEND!!! Smiley Smiley  Bless YOU...
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 22, 2016, 04:21:19 PM »

And Mike Love is the 100% undusputed truth by a certain group of posters. Roll Eyes
Smiley Smiley Not bad... Smiley Smiley
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 22, 2016, 04:34:34 PM »

Okay, help me out here.  I've been tied up with some pretty serious business with a client - many hours of work - and I just returned to SS for more than the 5 seconds I devoted to Belgium (posting in an inappropriate section, sorry).  This is a thread about Steve Love's credibility, and it's gotten really nasty, focusing on Rocky.  On the other hand, Rocky's thread has gotten really civilized.  What does this have to do with Stephen?

Oops, just checked again on the other thread.  I guess civilized simply won't be happening here.  I guess it's "sport" of some form?
Smiley Smiley Thanks again... you are truly the smartest person on this thread... it only took you a matter of day's to be shocked at the POISON that PERMEATES this thread!  Dig this... they hate me for beating up Dennis for giving Brian Heroin and Cocaine when he had a seizure and his live in nurse had to stick a rolled up wash cloth in his mouth to prevent him from swallowing his tongue... and SUFFOCATING to DEATH!  She called Stan and begged him to do something about Dennis inadvertently trying to KILL Brian!  So Stan came and got me at a party and pleaded with me to convince Dennis to do what she couldn't do... and this is after she replaced Stan and I at the JOB OF KEEPING DRUGS OUT OF Brian's LIFE!  The only CONVINCING Dennis has ever understood in his life... is the kind that you NEVER FORGET... a good ass whooping! OH... MY GOD... SHOCK and HORROR.. (We don't condone violence of any kind) If Brian DIES?... it's a tragedy... but violence?..."NEVER!"  You do the math... Smiley Smiley By the way... Dennis never bothered Brian again... for the next four years... and then he drowned in 15 ft of water at "5:30 pm" in the Marina... DRUNK (.26 blood alcohol level)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 04:46:03 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
SurferDownUnder
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 22, 2016, 04:36:19 PM »

Has Stephen ever actually spoken about his time with the Boys? I thought I remembered reading on that "Mike Love is a Clown" page that Ambha Love claimed he had run off to Hawaii with the purported embezzled money?  Huh
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2016, 04:50:13 PM »

Smiley Smiley What are you talking about... "doe doe" defend me?  He can't even spell the word!  And you... you look up the word "OPINIONATED" in the dictionary... and they have your picture nest to it! LOL LOL  Even Debbie KL... the girl Brian liked...has already seen through the "angry 13" and is REPULSED!  Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 04:53:21 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2016, 04:55:27 PM »

Smiley Smiley YOU"RE A "CLOWN"... YOU JUST JOINED emily... LOL LOL

You know, Rushton, as I was expecting a point-by-point refutation of my substantive arguments, your above riposte does come as something of a disappointment. At least I thought my post was worthy of more than just four emoticons and a mere three incorrectly used quote marks. (CAPS ratio is pretty good though, so I guess I'll take it.)

In any case, I find it very hard to read "you just joined Emily" as anything but a glowing endorsement of my position on this topic, as well as my worth as a human being.

Thanks, Andrew - and you're quite right on the above, of course.

[/quote Smiley Smiley GLOW ON Goof Ball... you and emily... what a NIGHTMARE!
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2016, 04:57:18 PM »

I was referring to your comment about Andrew Hickey. I do have opinions and one is that there's a big difference between criticizing peoples' actions and words and criticizing peoples' appearance.
And, yes, I also have opinions on whether it's appropriate to batter people who have not physically attacked you and who are impaired. And about whether forcibly controlling other people is acceptable. So, yes, we're in an area in which I have very strong opinions.
Cheese or pepperoni? Meh, I could go either way.
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2016, 05:02:02 PM »

Thanks, but don't worry about it. I insulted his literacy and understanding of the world -- deservedly -- and he likewise insulted my appearance, deservedly. (Or at least I think that's what he was trying to do -- his idioms are not always the most comprehensible).
Since I give no thought to my own appearance, or to Pamplin's opinion of me, I'm really not bothered.
Smiley Smiley How could you be bothered... you don't even have a brain... Oh that's right... you're the LITERACY POLICE EXPERT... emily is still single... lonely... and desperate! LOL LOL  You don't have OPINIONS emily... YOU ARE AN OPINION!  The EXCESSIVE POSTING OPINION... "excessemily" LOL LOL
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:04:28 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
SurferDownUnder
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2016, 05:06:31 PM »

Smiley Smiley How could you be bothered... you don't even have a brain... Oh that's right... you're the LITERACY POLICE EXPERT... emily is still single... lonely... and desperate! LOL LOL  You don't have OPINIONS emily... YOU ARE AN OPINION!  The EXCESSIVE POSTING OPINION... "excessemily" LOL LOL

Wow. This is pretty rough talk Rocky, easily said behind a computer screen....I'm not one to be easily offended but this kind of stuff is pretty unnecessary....  Undecided 
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2016, 05:17:09 PM »

Wow. This is pretty rough talk Rocky, easily said behind a computer screen....I'm not one to be easily offended but this kind of stuff is pretty unnecessary....  Undecided 
Smiley Smiley Where have you been for the last 3 months... these people have thrown a million stones at me... while you were down under! Smiley Smiley
SurferDownUnder
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2016, 05:23:56 PM »

Smiley Smiley Where have you been for the last 3 months... these people have thrown a million stones at me... while you were down under! Smiley Smiley

I've been here observing the whole time but surely tit for tat isn't solving anything here? Seems all statements from both sides have been going in circles for some time now don't ya think?? Smokin
Debbie KL
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2016, 05:29:47 PM »

I've been here observing the whole time but surely tit for tat isn't solving anything here? Seems all statements from both sides have been going in circles for some time now don't ya think?? Smokin

None of this has been pretty. 

Rocky, can I ask again, as I think my question was missed.  It sounds like Steve is a pretty happy, mellow man these days with a good relationship.  Can you tell us about his life?  You seem to have been friends over the years.  I honestly don't know what he's been up to.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2016, 06:24:49 PM »

I'm just going to point out, in my defense, that I hadn't posted in the Rocky thread for five days and during that time he name-checked me insultingly several times. I agree the tit-for-tat has gotten old, which is why I stopped posting there. I will leave this thread too now, to Rocky's fans.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 06:28:56 PM by Emily » Logged
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2016, 06:29:59 PM »

Smiley Smiley What are you talking about... "doe doe" defend me?  He can't even spell the word!  And you... you look up the word "OPINIONATED" in the dictionary... and they have your picture nest to it! LOL LOL  Even Debbie KL... the girl Brian liked...has already seen through the "angry 13" and is REPULSED!  Smiley Smiley
I will leave it to Debbie to let me know if she agrees with the latter statement.
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx