gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 05:14:55 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Is Steve Love A Credible Source?  (Read 51603 times)
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2016, 02:05:22 PM »

Doo Dah, you have found the answer why Mike is so angry recently about the songwriting lawsuit from 1994.

He wants the catalog or money from BW when it comes up for ownership changes in under the 1976 copyright act. Actual songwriting credits on those songs be damned. Evil

I'm just saying, it occurred to me last night. What would appear to be ancient history (circa 1992) is not quite so ancient.

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2016, 04:32:06 PM »

Doo Dah, you have found the answer why Mike is so angry recently about the songwriting lawsuit from 1994.

He wants the catalog or money from BW when it comes up for ownership changes in under the 1976 copyright act. Actual songwriting credits on those songs be damned. Evil

I'm just saying, it occurred to me last night. What would appear to be ancient history (circa 1992) is not quite so ancient.
Smiley Smiley BINGO...and Mike will do "ANYTHING" to get the ownership of Brian's Music Publishing Catalogue... "Actual songwriting credits BE DAMNED!  Well said Doo Dah... I take my hat off to you!  This is exactly what Stephen and I were hoping would happen..."TALK ABOUT and EXPOSING Mike!" Melinda Wilson is the "ONE" who really needs to be INFORMED... and made AWARE! She is very bright and definitely has Brian's best interest at heart! Smiley Smiley
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 04:33:34 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2016, 04:40:28 PM »

Smiley Smiley BINGO...and Mike will do "ANYTHING" to get the ownership of Brian's Music Publishing Catalogue... "Actual songwriting credits BE DAMNED!  Well said Doo Dah... I take my hat off to you!  This is exactly what Stephen and I were hoping would happen..."TALK ABOUT and EXPOSING Mike!" Melinda Wilson is the "ONE" who really needs to be INFORMED... and made AWARE! She is very bright and definitely has Brian's best interest at heart! Smiley Smiley

At what point are you going to release the tape?  In your book? Or do you plan to post the conversation on this forum?
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2016, 04:55:11 PM »

Just curious, why would Stephen have been deposed at length for the Love-Jardine matter? Was it not regarding Al's use of the name Beach Boys, in his touring marketing? Just puzzled what Stephen, who would have been years removed, in terms of management, would have to add to the whole procedure.
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2016, 05:05:02 PM »

At what point are you going to release the tape?  In your book? Or do you plan to post the conversation on this forum?
Smiley Smiley Well, I don't know how one would release a tape in a book... unless I had it transcribed... and it's very LENGTHY.  It's also "ONE" of the things that PREVENTS Mike from SUING ME!  That and the IMMUNITY Charles English got me... as a result of the meeting I took with Brian's Lawyers at the Mezzaluna restaurant in Brentwood! (Home of the Brentwood Butcher) Smiley Smiley
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2016, 05:10:00 PM »

Just curious, why would Stephen have been deposed at length for the Love-Jardine matter? Was it not regarding Al's use of the name Beach Boys, in his touring marketing? Just puzzled what Stephen, who would have been years removed, in terms of management, would have to add to the whole procedure.
Smiley Smiley It was indeed... to prevent Al from using the name Beach Boy and Friends... When Al was touring with Brian's daughters Carnie and Wendy and Michelle Phillips of "Wilson Phillips!"  Mike doesn't want anyone using Brian's... Beach Boys! Smiley Smiley
Juice Brohnston
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2016, 05:26:07 PM »

Smiley Smiley Well, I don't know how one would release a tape in a book... unless I had it transcribed... and it's very LENGTHY.  It's also "ONE" of the things that PREVENTS Mike from SUING ME!  That and the IMMUNITY Charles English got me... as a result of the meeting I took with Brian's Lawyers at the Mezzaluna restaurant in Brentwood! (Home of the Brentwood Butcher) Smiley Smiley
Maybe Mike found out and took it out on Ron Goldman...
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2016, 05:36:13 PM »

Ah. And there we have it.
urbanite
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2016, 10:47:51 PM »

Give the tape to a court reporter and have her make a transcript.
ahoutman1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2016, 11:02:43 PM »

We need a date - approximate will do - for this tape.
Two weeks ago in between Rocky's clients.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: March 21, 2016, 11:49:29 PM »

Interesting - two consecutive posts from The Rockster that might have been written by two different people...  Roll Eyes

BTW, to answer the question originally posed: as regards all the stuff that's independently checkable, I'd have to say yes.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 11:51:07 PM by Andrew G. Doe » Logged

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The_Holy_Bee
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2016, 04:54:48 AM »

Smiley Smiley Well, I don't know how one would release a tape in a book... unless I had it transcribed... and it's very LENGTHY.  It's also "ONE" of the things that PREVENTS Mike from SUING ME!  That and the IMMUNITY Charles English got me... as a result of the meeting I took with Brian's Lawyers at the Mezzaluna restaurant in Brentwood! (Home of the Brentwood Butcher) Smiley Smiley

And this is why we can't have nice threads.

Rushton, can't you just leave this rubbish in the thread dedicated to you selling about fifty copies of your book, if indeed it ever sees print? (Should I mention here I'm also a published author? Or will you ask HOW MANY "COPIES" IVE SOLD  Roll Eyes Huh police))

I understand you're an elderly, apparently semi-literate fellow whose employment experience amounts to a) modelling, sometimes to sell smokeable toxins b) not being sufficiently good at sport c) bashing up drug addicts related to your former employer and d) not being able to find a publisher for your unreadable memoirs (and yes, since you've posted 'chapters' of them here, I am qualified to say this. They are - literally, essentially - unfathomable.)

And because of all that, because you're on the back foot in so many ways, because you're an older man with few real achievements behind you - except knowing quite a few people with genuine talent, which is a nominal achievement viewed through any justifiable prism - I have pitied you and ignored this rubbish up until now. But now you're pulling the same abusive, backward, self-serving sh*t in a different thread, on a nominally different subject. And you need to understand: no matter what the view count is, data which incidentally you persist in misreading, you are going to sell very few copies of that book to readers here. Maybe fifty, a hundred, for those who don't already feel they've fed the beast enough already. You were a novelty, when you arrived. A direct link to a band and individuals we, as fans and scholars, wish we knew better. And I understand you think you've been pulling a brilliant promotional coup on us. Maybe you have. I sincerely doubt it.

I came back after several weeks away, and was deeply intrigued to read this thread. Steve Love - though I'm aware you've collaborated in the past, if not on your daily posts - seems like an intelligent, EXONERATED (c) man, whose input I would be very keen to read more of. Your posts don't elevate discussions, they derail them. You have been pilloried on these threads, it's true, sometimes unreasonably, but you've also pulled an enormous amount of  Grin-faced bullying yourself. My advice, unsolicited, is that you should now stop - for yourself, if nothing else. Your total sales to folk here probably peaked about two months ago, before you started posting WHOLE CHAPTERS full of ellipses-punctuated semi-information already present in the Gaines book. Every confused, smug, borderline-abusive comment you make from here on may well lose you a sale, should your book ever see print. Which, again, I sincerely doubt. You may not know how board stats actually work, but I suspect any decent online publisher will.

I am aware I may have crossed board lines with this post, and if so I accept the censure of the moderators. I only hope you see this, Rushton 'Rocky' Pamplin, and on some level understand it before or if it is deleted, and save yourself some time and money. I realise this is unlikely, but it is a genuine and sincere hope. I don't blame you for who you are - let's remember, you lived in a time in which your friends thought the best way to deal with their self-destructive, drug-addicted family member was to have you turn up at his sad little house party and deliver the 'most brutal beating ever' - but for your own sake, get the book published before you go on such an aggressive, contradictory sales campaign. I pity you, Rushton, and I mean that both literally and - yes - biblically. And I'm an atheist.

Regards,
William
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 05:13:54 AM by The_Holy_Bee » Logged
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2016, 05:20:25 AM »

Damn...

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2016, 05:42:25 AM »

I want to have William's babies.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The_Holy_Bee
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2016, 05:44:45 AM »

Deleted: An odd joke. Will see how things pan out tomorrow; goodbye all if I what I posted above crossed any lines.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 06:11:15 AM by The_Holy_Bee » Logged
The_Holy_Bee
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2016, 06:08:42 AM »

deleted
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 06:10:15 AM by The_Holy_Bee » Logged
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2016, 08:26:29 AM »

Love Love Love Love
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2016, 09:04:57 AM »

I want to have William's babies.

Oh my!! Hmmm... Wink

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 22, 2016, 09:05:38 AM »

Thanks for saying what I've wanted to say to Pamplin in a far more temperate manner than I would have managed, William.
I would suspect Pamplin's book *will* come out, mind -- self-publishing is now easy for anyone, and as someone who has spent time around the self-publishing community (I've had books published through regular publishers and also self-published, so I'm not knocking it as a method to get work out) I would say Mr Pamplin is only slightly less literate, and only slightly more deluded, than the typical participant on the Kindle self-publishing message boards.
It's also likely that if he uses any kind of sense at all, he will have an "Amazon best-seller", and will come back to crow here about his great success -- just as someone recently managed to upload a photo of their foot to Amazon, get their mother and a friend to buy it, and have it go to number one for a couple of minutes in a tiny sub-sub-genre chart.
What he won't do, and I can say this as an absolute certainty, is make more than $100, total, from his "book"

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #69 on: March 22, 2016, 09:10:04 AM »

Not speaking at all to this case or any specific case, but I will say that in many cases, subpoenas for depositions go out to a huge laundry list of people who might in any way be tangentially related to or familiar with any aspect of a case.

I wouldn't be surprised if some fans online at some point or another have been dragged into depositions, even if they have no actual information about a given case. It sometimes ends up a huge waste of time and money by counsel and client, but it happens all the time.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 22, 2016, 11:30:55 AM »

I got a bit put out arguing about this yesterday, but I just sent a pm to someone about this and felt it summed up my thoughts on the original question pretty succinctly, so here it is:
I definitely expect that there were ‘shenanigans.’ I don’t doubt that. I just am really tired of a few people salivating over Steve and Rocky because they think they might have dirt. I’m not surprised they have dirt on Mike, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t dirty themselves. Whether Steve’s honest – I have to question someone who says he has information pertinent to a legal situation who has been sitting on it for twenty years and dangling it on the internet for 3 or 4 years. I don’t doubt he has information, but the way he’s handling it is shady and stinks of dishonesty to me.
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 22, 2016, 01:44:40 PM »

Smiley Smiley You'll GET WHAT I GIVE... WHEN I WANT... and to WHO I WANT... LOL
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 22, 2016, 01:49:44 PM »

Interesting - two consecutive posts from The Rockster that might have been written by two different people...  Roll Eyes

BTW, to answer the question originally posed: as regards all the stuff that's independently checkable, I'd have to say yes.
Smiley Smiley "doe doe"... Stephen wouldn't POST on this thread for anything in the world... I told him about this thread... and he said... "After the way they have VICIOUSLY and BRUTALLY  ATTACKED YOU... Ha... NOT IN A MILLION YEARS!!!  And as for emily... DON'T MAKE ME LAUGH! LOL LOL
« Last Edit: March 22, 2016, 01:52:27 PM by rockrush3 » Logged
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 22, 2016, 01:51:19 PM »

Smiley Smiley You'll GET WHAT I GIVE... WHEN I WANT... and to WHO I WANT... LOL

Maybe the digitally-transferred can one day be made available in full on iTunes!  LOL
rockrush3
Smiley Smile Associate

Rockrush3

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2016, 01:58:26 PM »

Smiley Smiley Well, I don't know how one would release a tape in a book... unless I had it transcribed... and it's very LENGTHY.  It's also "ONE" of the things that PREVENTS Mike from SUING ME!  That and the IMMUNITY Charles English got me... as a result of the meeting I took with Brian's Lawyers at the Mezzaluna restaurant in Brentwood! (Home of the Brentwood Butcher) Smiley Smiley

And this is why we can't have nice threads.

Rushton, can't you just leave this rubbish in the thread dedicated to you selling about fifty copies of your book, if indeed it ever sees print? (Should I mention here I'm also a published author? Or will you ask HOW MANY "COPIES" IVE SOLD  Roll Eyes Huh police))

I understand you're an elderly, apparently semi-literate fellow whose employment experience amounts to a) modelling, sometimes to sell smokeable toxins b) not being sufficiently good at sport c) bashing up drug addicts related to your former employer and d) not being able to find a publisher for your unreadable memoirs (and yes, since you've posted 'chapters' of them here, I am qualified to say this. They are - literally, essentially - unfathomable.)

And because of all that, because you're on the back foot in so many ways, because you're an older man with few real achievements behind you - except knowing quite a few people with genuine talent, which is a nominal achievement viewed through any justifiable prism - I have pitied you and ignored this rubbish up until now. But now you're pulling the same abusive, backward, self-serving sh*t in a different thread, on a nominally different subject. And you need to understand: no matter what the view count is, data which incidentally you persist in misreading, you are going to sell very few copies of that book to readers here. Maybe fifty, a hundred, for those who don't already feel they've fed the beast enough already. You were a novelty, when you arrived. A direct link to a band and individuals we, as fans and scholars, wish we knew better. And I understand you think you've been pulling a brilliant promotional coup on us. Maybe you have. I sincerely doubt it.

I came back after several weeks away, and was deeply intrigued to read this thread. Steve Love - though I'm aware you've collaborated in the past, if not on your daily posts - seems like an intelligent, EXONERATED (c) man, whose input I would be very keen to read more of. Your posts don't elevate discussions, they derail them. You have been pilloried on these threads, it's true, sometimes unreasonably, but you've also pulled an enormous amount of  Grin-faced bullying yourself. My advice, unsolicited, is that you should now stop - for yourself, if nothing else. Your total sales to folk here probably peaked about two months ago, before you started posting WHOLE CHAPTERS full of ellipses-punctuated semi-information already present in the Gaines book. Every confused, smug, borderline-abusive comment you make from here on may well lose you a sale, should your book ever see print. Which, again, I sincerely doubt. You may not know how board stats actually work, but I suspect any decent online publisher will.

I am aware I may have crossed board lines with this post, and if so I accept the censure of the moderators. I only hope you see this, Rushton 'Rocky' Pamplin, and on some level understand it before or if it is deleted, and save yourself some time and money. I realise this is unlikely, but it is a genuine and sincere hope. I don't blame you for who you are - let's remember, you lived in a time in which your friends thought the best way to deal with their self-destructive, drug-addicted family member was to have you turn up at his sad little house party and deliver the 'most brutal beating ever' - but for your own sake, get the book published before you go on such an aggressive, contradictory sales campaign. I pity you, Rushton, and I mean that both literally and - yes - biblically. And I'm an atheist.

Regards,
William

Smiley Smiley YOU"RE A "CLOWN"... YOU JUST JOINED emily... LOL LOL
gfx
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx