gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 01:42:43 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Update- Reviewed by No More Division! - New album - 'New Religion'  (Read 3095 times)
barto
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 18, 2016, 07:14:52 PM »

*update read a review of the album here!!!

-----------------------

Hey guys, I recently finished up recording an album.

It's a very psychedelic retro-modern pop album....heavily influenced by Brian Wilson especially pet sounds, love you, and BW88. The theme is a search for spirituality in the digital age.

I hope you enjoy it, I know production-wise it can be a little rough around the edges but the songwriting all came from the heart.

You can listen/download here:

https://darnomine.bandcamp.com/album/new-religion

good vibrations,
Barto
« Last Edit: October 26, 2021, 09:36:40 AM by barto » Logged
barto
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2016, 01:08:38 PM »

If you need a more beach boysy intro to the album check out this one...has some harmonies in a tag at the end:

http://jonahlustig.bandcamp.com/track/no-instructions

anyway would love feedback. i know it's not a 'genre' album (dont think it has much of a precedent in terms of sound) but personally i think that makes it more interesting...but whatever if people think it's "too weird" i just tell them folks said the same about smile...im allowed to be delusional  LOL Smokin Evil

« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 01:12:32 PM by d@rnomite » Logged
Ninten
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 12:18:03 AM »

If you need a more beach boysy intro to the album check out this one...has some harmonies in a tag at the end:

http://jonahlustig.bandcamp.com/track/no-instructions

anyway would love feedback. i know it's not a 'genre' album (dont think it has much of a precedent in terms of sound) but personally i think that makes it more interesting...but whatever if people think it's "too weird" i just tell them folks said the same about smile...im allowed to be delusional  LOL Smokin Evil

This was really cool. I'll have to check out more tomorrow.
barto
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2016, 09:47:06 AM »

This was really cool. I'll have to check out more tomorrow.

Thanks! Hello Drum
« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 09:48:46 AM by d@rnomite » Logged
yonderhillside
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2016, 10:58:33 AM »

I like it, man. Sort of like an Olivia Tremor Control meets ELO. I particularly like your singing voice. With the effects, reminds me of Lynne on "Mr. Blue Sky" or "Mr. Radio". And don't take me the wrong way, I'm always naturally compelled to make comparisons between artists.

I know you mentioned the production, so if you were to want any critique on it, I might suggest raising the other elements to match the level of the synth sound so that it's not so heavy in the foreground. At times it overshadows the vocals a bit.
barto
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 12:21:49 PM »

I like it, man. Sort of like an Olivia Tremor Control meets ELO. I particularly like your singing voice. With the effects, reminds me of Lynne on "Mr. Blue Sky" or "Mr. Radio". And don't take me the wrong way, I'm always naturally compelled to make comparisons between artists.

I know you mentioned the production, so if you were to want any critique on it, I might suggest raising the other elements to match the level of the synth sound so that it's not so heavy in the foreground. At times it overshadows the vocals a bit.

Thanks for the kind words. It means a lot. I am far more confident in my songwriting than singing so it is really nice to hear you liked the vocals  Smiley

I am inspired by both ELO and OTC! I never thought about the sound that way but I think you're right. My biggest influences when writing it was Love You, Yeezus, and Sgt. Pepper's.

Thanks again for the feedback!! The songs mean a lot to me, so even if the final product isn't perfect a lot of heart went into the songwriting.  Cool Guy

« Last Edit: April 21, 2016, 12:22:48 PM by d@rnomite » Logged
barto
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2016, 08:56:13 AM »

*update- just got a review from from No More Division!! They liked it!

Link-
http://www.nomoredivision.com/indie-music-album-reviews/jonah-lustig-new-religion

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx