-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:13:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Endless Summer Quarterly
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Ghostbusters
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ghostbusters  (Read 1983 times)
KDS
« on: March 18, 2016, 05:41:59 AM »

Hello All.  Happy Friday. 

So, in the past week, the trailer for the Paul Reig remake of Ghostbusters came out. 

What does everyone think?

Personally, I think it looks just as awful as I expected.  The next time Melissa McCarthy makes me laugh will be the first.  Kristin Wiig can be occasionally funny in very small doses.  The other two are parts of an extremely weak SNL cast. 

The ghosts look worse than the ones in the 1984 original.  The new Ecto 1 looks like something a fan would've put together.  Same goes for the new uniforms. 

I've heard rumblings of an animated Ghostbusters movie in the pipeline, and possibly another live action movie with a different group of Ghostbusters.  Does the studio think they have a dud on their hands? 

So, any GB fans out there?  Are you going to avoid it like the plague?  Are you going to give it a try?  Are you a fan of Paul Feig and think this has potential to be better than the original? 
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 06:06:42 AM »

I loved the original, but mostly just because of Bill Murray. I don't think I ever even saw the first sequel, and while I was aware this new one was coming out, I guess I just don't care much one way or the other.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
KDS
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 06:14:34 AM »

I loved the original, but mostly just because of Bill Murray. I don't think I ever even saw the first sequel, and while I was aware this new one was coming out, I guess I just don't care much one way or the other.

I'm not sure if you were following the saga of Ghostbusters III.  A few years ago, a script was actually written by the two writers from the US version of The Office.  It was sent to Bill Murray but he didn't read it.  Apparently, Aykroyd and Ramis were going to proceed without Murray, but the death of Harold Ramis pretty much put an end to GB3 and opened the door for a remake. 

While I'm not going to see the new movie, I'm glad they decided against doing a sequel without Bill Murray. 

You should check out Ghostbusters II sometime.  It basically follows the same formula as the first one, but it's still a fun movie.  It pops up on basic cable very very often, so it would be easy to check out. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: