gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 07:22:23 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Pledge to Not Read Rocky's Thread  (Read 32594 times)
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2016, 08:18:11 PM »

Could we not have a daily summary thread? Give one person the responsibility to report here to us?

Great idea.  Emily?  Wink
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2016, 08:25:46 PM »

But didn't he say he'd go away when he reaches 100000? Shouldn't we get him there then hold him to it?
And, if you read this Adamghost, Rocky's first response to the Yeats was clear he thought you wrote it, so hopefully that makes sense of my response. He then edited his, as he's wont to do.

Eh, I could care less what the dude thinks.  I was amused he thought I couldn't write.

Actually do think at this point we're dealing with some form of mental illness. So maybe it's not so cool to keep piling on.  Though like Carol Kaye he keeps begging for it.  I do like the fact that fewer and fewer people are responding to him, and the underlying insanity is becoming more and more obvious.
Might be mental illness. I'm inclined to think (due to the detailed financial stuff in the post addressed to Stan) that he's the dupe in some weird head game Stephen's playing against his bros.
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2016, 08:27:32 PM »

But didn't he say he'd go away when he reaches 100000? Shouldn't we get him there then hold him to it?
And, if you read this Adamghost, Rocky's first response to the Yeats was clear he thought you wrote it, so hopefully that makes sense of my response. He then edited his, as he's wont to do.

Eh, I could care less what the dude thinks.  I was amused he thought I couldn't write.

Actually do think at this point we're dealing with some form of mental illness. So maybe it's not so cool to keep piling on.  Though like Carol Kaye he keeps begging for it.  I do like the fact that fewer and fewer people are responding to him, and the underlying insanity is becoming more and more obvious.
Might be mental illness. I'm inclined to think (due to the detailed financial stuff in the post addressed to Stan) that he's the dupe in some weird head game Stephen's playing against his bros.

I think you're possibly right about that, but what a stupid/deranged messenger to choose.  Seems pretty self-sabotaging.  I have to admit I haven't bothered to read much of what he's written lately.  It's too much step-into-my-madhouse to try to follow it all. 
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2016, 08:28:42 PM »

Eh, I could care less what the dude thinks.  I was amused he thought I couldn't write.

Actually do think at this point we're dealing with some form of mental illness. So maybe it's not so cool to keep piling on.  Though like Carol Kaye he keeps begging for it.  I do like the fact that fewer and fewer people are responding to him, and the underlying insanity is becoming more and more obvious.

I think you're possibly right about that, but what a stupid/deranged messenger to choose.  Seems pretty self-sabotaging.  I have to admit I haven't bothered to read much of what he's written lately.  It's too much step-into-my-madhouse to try to follow it all.  
It's gotten bizarre, creepy and seems somewhat serious.
... thinking about it, it may be both. He may be having a mental health crisis and be a dupe. It's quite possible all that projection really is projection and he's very lonely and rather desperate. I hope Stephen Love or his sister or someone will support him if he really needs it. I feel quite bad now.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 08:46:36 PM by Emily » Logged
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2016, 09:01:12 PM »

It's really getting weird in that thread. It's started to become a day in the life of somebody who's having a bizarre public breakdown and decent into madness. He's even turned on Brian and started bad mouthing him.

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2016, 09:14:17 PM »

What if Rocky comes over into this thread? Double the drama?

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2016, 10:55:48 PM »

Can't stop him I guess.  I agree, I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for the man, even as I think he is revealing himself to be a pretty big sh*t at the same time.  But yeah, I would guess even in his delusional state, the reception he got relative to what he expected - starry-eyed peons hanging on his every word - had to have been a pretty brutal shock to what probably was a pretty cushioned ego.

Here in Los Angeles, in dingy little apartments all over the San Fernando Valley (where I dwell), there are literally thousands of lonely people slowly aging into solitary oblivion because they hitched their life wagon to the idea that they were, or were associated with, someone important.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 10:57:20 PM by adamghost » Logged
Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2016, 11:29:40 PM »

Funnily enough, I never read a single page of it until 2 days ago when a friend mentioned it to me. I checked out the first three pages and the last few. A little too crazy for me. Not going back.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2016, 11:30:54 PM »

I wondered whether this might be associated:

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,23555.0.html

“We live in divisive times.”
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2016, 11:44:25 PM »

Yeah, that's what I was thinking as well.
Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

It's all about 'harmony' ...

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2016, 12:41:47 AM »

Signed on...

www.facebook.com/beachboysalbumsleeves - a cool place to visit !
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2016, 12:51:44 AM »

Can't stop him I guess.  I agree, I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for the man, even as I think he is revealing himself to be a pretty big sh*t at the same time.  But yeah, I would guess even in his delusional state, the reception he got relative to what he expected - starry-eyed peons hanging on his every word - had to have been a pretty brutal shock to what probably was a pretty cushioned ego.

Here in Los Angeles, in dingy little apartments all over the San Fernando Valley (where I dwell), there are literally thousands of lonely people slowly aging into solitary oblivion because they hitched their life wagon to the idea that they were, or were associated with, someone important.
Wise observations, Adam, and my thoughts exactly.

I tend to think Rocky lives, thinks and breathes as per the following prophesy:

I'm just a gigolo and everywhere I go
People know the part, I'm playin'
Paid for every dance, sellin' each romance
Ooh, what they're sayin'

There will come a day, and youth will pass away
What'll they say about me?
When the end comes I know they'll say just a gigolo
And life goes on without me

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: March 18, 2016, 03:21:38 AM »

Pamplin only played four years of college football. His NFL & CFL careers consisted of being cut in pre-season.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2016, 08:20:10 AM »

Pamplin only played four years of college football. His NFL & CFL careers consisted of being cut in pre-season.

Then there has to be some other explanation… has to be…

“We live in divisive times.”
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2016, 09:38:48 AM »

The guy's an idiot ?

adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2016, 09:58:06 AM »

I dunno...I would imagine it wouldn't take too many blows to the head to do some damage long term.  Plus living in the Beach Boys world would make anybody nuts.
leggo of my ego
Smiley Smile Associate

Beach Boys Stomp

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2016, 10:23:34 AM »

Here in Los Angeles, in dingy little apartments all over the San Fernando Valley (where I dwell),

Was your dingy apartment bldg. built before 1966?

If so I might have lived there. basking by the pool in the warm California sunshine.  Cool
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 10:24:31 AM by leggo of my ego » Logged

Hey Little Tomboy is creepy. Banging women by the pool is fun and conjures up warm summer thoughts a Beach Boys song should.

Necessity knows no law
A bootlegger knows no law
Therefore: A bootlegger is a necessity
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2016, 10:36:33 AM »

His 'voice' is back to 'normal'. Maybe he was just on a bender.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2016, 10:40:16 AM »

Regarding the football connection--and obviously this is speculation--but it's very safe to say that he could have had the kinds of brain damage associated with football. Consider:
  • junior high and high school football, presumably at a relatively high level (in that he earned college scholarships)
  • probably at least five years of college, with two different D1 schools (Oregon and Hawaii) and the assumed one year sitting out as a transfer--during which he'd practice
  • professional training camps at both the NFL and CFL levels

Obviously people can have long pro careers in addition to this and come out fine ... but other people happen to be seriously harmed without even finishing a high school career. If you figure 10+ years of medium to high-level football, brain damage associated with football is entirely realistic.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2016, 11:59:14 AM by the captain » Logged

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2016, 10:55:02 AM »

It's true. When John Manning posted that in the sandbox, Rocky didn't even cross my mind because I was thinking about my friend's kid who started playing in middle school this year. They really get knocked about. Though schools like his (in which there isn't a serious scholarship-level focus on football) are beginning to change the rules a bit to reduce head injury.

Rocky's level of not-thinking-well combined with his emotional reactivity doesn't seem entirely natural to me. It could just be the result of living a strange life (as adamghost said a "cushioned ego,") but in retrospect Rocky's behavior is so peculiar it's hard to think it's just who he is, isn't it? I had been thinking of perhaps years of steroids. What does that do to someone after they've stopped taking them? Permanent effects? Or are the effects only there while you're on them?
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2016, 11:50:32 AM »

I really don't think explaining Rocky's behaviour requires him to be mentally ill or brain damaged. He reads to me, frankly, like half the men in my family -- arrogant, illiterate, the epitome of toxic masculinity, and at that enviable level of intelligence where you're not bright enough to realise you're not bright. Couple that with a few minor brushes with stardom and good looks as a youth, and I think that pretty much covers everything that needs explaining about him. Testosterone and cluelessness can be a powerful combination.
Sadly, there are a *LOT* of "Rockys" in the world. It's just that most of them have no interest in the Beach Boys, and the few who do would tend to get banned from a board like this almost immediately, so he seems odd in this context...

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
Paul J B
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2016, 11:59:33 AM »

You know....theorizing about the Beach Boys music is one thing, but this increasing trend here by people who don't know the people they are theorizing about is really killing this board. Seriously, are so many of you that board with your personal lives that you feel the need to get to the bottom of a strangers behavior. That topic about a BS book that will NEVER EVER be printed and distributed, should not have been permitted to go on for 80 pages. And now people are going to agonize over whether or not they should feel sorry for the guy. His issues don't matter, what he is spewing is not factual, and if some of you can't see that, or didn't see that weeks ago then you should stay away from anyone that talks to you about swamp land. Good god head injuries from football...really?

This nonsense has gotten increasingly worse concerning Mike as well. So many of you wringing their hands over what Mike is bothered by and what he really means by a comment or two to an inane journalist. Mike is a founding member of the greatest vocal band ever. He has a chip on his shoulder, legitimate or not, and can't get over the fact that his band mates messed up with drugs. He will keep singing Beach Boys material until he dies. No need to fret anymore. OK?

And yes,, I should just check out of here for a while or ignore the threads but they keep clogging up the board and it only seems to be getting worse. Ever wonder why Stephen Desper does not delve into this trash? or why Ray Lawler seems to have vanished? I have a pretty good guess.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2016, 12:23:29 PM »

I really don't think explaining Rocky's behaviour requires him to be mentally ill or brain damaged. He reads to me, frankly, like half the men in my family -- arrogant, illiterate, the epitome of toxic masculinity, and at that enviable level of intelligence where you're not bright enough to realise you're not bright. Couple that with a few minor brushes with stardom and good looks as a youth, and I think that pretty much covers everything that needs explaining about him. Testosterone and cluelessness can be a powerful combination.
Sadly, there are a *LOT* of "Rockys" in the world. It's just that most of them have no interest in the Beach Boys, and the few who do would tend to get banned from a board like this almost immediately, so he seems odd in this context...

Or as we sometimes say, the man's just a complete arse.

CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2016, 01:03:46 PM »

I think the thread is in fact melting down at this very moment.
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2016, 01:22:48 PM »

I think the thread is in fact melting down at this very moment.

What's THIS?  Shocked   A test.  I ain't goin' to look.  Cool   Probably going to have to swear off of this thread too.  Wink   I don't care about the man...or his little booklet.  He's just too low.  Too sub-zero.  He has NO heart...nor soul.  Evil

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx