gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 07:20:34 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: AC/DC  (Read 5450 times)
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2016, 01:18:31 PM »

I guess the reason I don't like them very much is they are one of the most often played bands on our local Jack FM station (some cities have Charlie FM, or other similar brands). Anytime an AC/DC song gets played on that station, I turn jack off.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2016, 03:47:59 PM »

That actually brings up a pet peeve of mine: blaming a band for its exposure. I mean, obviously bands want to get airplay, but is it Band X's fault if some crappy station programs them to be among the seven songs that is played in their four hour rotation? (Assuming 3 hours and 39 minutes of ads and dipshit prerecorded DJ chatter, obviously.)

Corporate radio is terrible. Just fucking terrible. Ditto for music TV. Our local public radio pop music station here in Minneapolis (89.3 The Current) is great, relatively speaking. Really great! But still ... kind of fucking terrible. Boring-ass commoditization is inevitable. So it's just less terrible. But is that the bands' fault?

I think there is plenty to dislike about--or at least become bored about--AC/DC. But overexposure is the media's fault, not theirs.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2016, 02:17:21 PM »

That actually brings up a pet peeve of mine: blaming a band for its exposure. I mean, obviously bands want to get airplay, but is it Band X's fault if some crappy station programs them to be among the seven songs that is played in their four hour rotation? (Assuming 3 hours and 39 minutes of ads and dipshit prerecorded DJ chatter, obviously.)

Corporate radio is terrible. Just fucking terrible. Ditto for music TV. Our local public radio pop music station here in Minneapolis (89.3 The Current) is great, relatively speaking. Really great! But still ... kind of fucking terrible. Boring-ass commoditization is inevitable. So it's just less terrible. But is that the bands' fault?

I think there is plenty to dislike about--or at least become bored about--AC/DC. But overexposure is the media's fault, not theirs.
I don't listen to the corporate stations much anymore. Found a groovy little non commercial station that plays oldies from the 60's and 70's, once in awhile a 50's track, or an 80's hit. It is a deep playlist; thousands of songs instead of just a few hundred.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2016, 04:36:22 PM »

I don't listen to the corporate stations much anymore. Found a groovy little non commercial station that plays oldies from the 60's and 70's, once in awhile a 50's track, or an 80's hit. It is a deep playlist; thousands of songs instead of just a few hundred.

That's what I like about our local public radio pop station: it has a much deeper playlist than a typical commercial station (by a factor of probably hundreds, really...). But the whole oldies format isn't something I would like, so something focused on 60s and 70s with 50s and 80s interspersed would get on my nerves. I like keeping new stuff coming at me while also peppering in older music as well.

(Sorry for abandoning AC/DC, KDS!)

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
KDS
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2016, 09:12:15 PM »

I guess the reason I don't like them very much is they are one of the most often played bands on our local Jack FM station (some cities have Charlie FM, or other similar brands). Anytime an AC/DC song gets played on that station, I turn jack off.

Huh huh, you said "jack off."

We have one of those Jack stations in Baltimore.  Lately, I rarely listen to the radio for music.  I'll usually put on talk radio in the morning or sports talk.  Other than that, I usually play CDs or plug in my MP3 player or Pandora.

By avoiding the radio, I've been able to enjoy bands like AC/DC again.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2016, 11:57:41 AM »

That's what I like about our local public radio pop station: it has a much deeper playlist than a typical commercial station (by a factor of probably hundreds, really...). But the whole oldies format isn't something I would like, so something focused on 60s and 70s with 50s and 80s interspersed would get on my nerves. I like keeping new stuff coming at me while also peppering in older music as well.

(Sorry for abandoning AC/DC, KDS!)
I know I am behind the times musically, but I am trying to catch up. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad-ucR6TX1k
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx