gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680750 Posts in 27614 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 19, 2024, 04:54:38 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Frank Sinatra Jr. Dead at 72  (Read 1203 times)
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2016, 06:59:35 PM »

We've lost another one this year.  Embarrassed  Obviously he wasn't a huge figure in the music world, but from the videos I've seen he did a great job carrying on his dad's legacy.  I'm sad that I'll never get to see him perform as I was looking forward to doing so in the next few years (he never came near my area, so getting to a concert would have been difficult)

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory/sinatra-family-frank-sinatra-jr-died-37706151
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2016, 07:25:51 PM »

Yes, Frank Sinatra, Jr. did do a great job carrying on his father's legacy. I saw Frank Sinatra live with Frank Jr. conducting in Hershey PA, and I've seen several taped concerts with the two. I always enjoyed the humorous but still professional banter between the singer/father and the conductor/son.

Frank Sinatra, Jr. would occasionally appear on the (Philadelphia DJ) Sid Mark radio show, The Sounds Of Sinatra. He always had some interesting stories to tell, not just about his father, but also about the music business and its personalities. Sid would play some tracks that Frank Jr. recorded through the years and some were quite good.

I saw some photos of Frank Jr. over the last year or so and he really lost a lot of weight. I didn't know if he was ill or just watching his diet.

Even though Frank Jr. was born into wealth and obviously had a lot of doors opened for him, in a way I always felt a little sorry for him. I mean, no matter what he accomplished in music, he had such a large shadow following him around, one which I'm sure he was extremely proud of, yet could never really escape. R.I.P. Frank Jr.

Edit: Frank Jr.'s mother and his father's first wife, Nancy Barbato Sinatra, is still living at age 98!
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 08:53:35 PM by Sheriff John Stone » Logged
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx