-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:48:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: peteramescarlin.com
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  Do You Find Strength Attractive in Women?
Poll
Question: Are strong women attractive?
Yep
Nah
Doesn't matter to me

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do You Find Strength Attractive in Women?  (Read 3309 times)
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2016, 06:43:38 PM »

Because Judd stole my thunder, I'm posting this a little earlier than I wanted to. Anyway...

I was at a Protomartyr concert about two weeks ago, and one of the opening bands took the stage. They are called Chastity Belt. As the women took their respective positions, my heart went aflutter as the drummer crossed my vision and walked to her drums. Yes, she's cute and has a gorgeous mane of messy brown hair, but something about her playing the drums amplified it for me. As I was discussing the show with my companion afterward, we came to the subject of her. We immediately agreed about her, and I went on to talk to say "she could probably beat me up," to which my friend immediately replied "which is hot." Now, those are his words, but I think there is something about strong women that I'm attracted to.

When I tried to explain this to Judd, he just couldn't understand.

Suffice it to say, I have a crush on the drummer for Chastity Belt. What say you?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 06:45:42 PM by Bubs » Logged
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 07:24:35 PM »

That's cool that they opened for Protomartyr. I think they're under the same small record label, too. </musicnerd>.

I like this topic simply because it's not talked about very often. Women can be equally tough as men, albeit in different ways sometimes. You don't see a ton of female drummers (or female band members, in that case). Kind reminds me of Matt and Kim. I saw them last summer at a music sort-of-fest and Kim was jumping off of the drumset and throwing out crude jokes. Although I'm not a huge fan of their music, I think she was the one who brought the most energy to the crowd and to the show. Which is pretty bada$$. Smiley

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 09:50:36 PM »

Love seeing a badass woman.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2016, 04:16:46 AM »

Bub's future girlfriend! Grin

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
KDS
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2016, 05:14:01 AM »

Attractiveness to strong women depends.

Last that drummer pictures on the OP, definitely cute.  Nice smile.  Confident, strong, beautiful. 

As long as we're not talking about the female body builders who are hopped up on testosterone.  (ie Chyna). 
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 12:21:50 PM »

Bub's future girlfriend! Grin

She lives in Washington. Sad

As long as we're not talking about the female body builders who are hopped up on testosterone.  (ie Chyna). 

Well, that's up to the individual. I don't find muscle-ridden people to be particularly attractive, but that's just me (and you).
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 04:05:14 PM »

Hey Bubs,  I like the new name.  How did Judd steal your thunder?

Speaking of steel... the first woman that comes to my mind, is Michael Steele (but I call her Susie), from The Bangles.  I didn't pay any attention to the Runaways, but by the time she was in The Bangles, I thought she was just as hot as the sisters or the other Suzy.

Gosh, time flies, she's 60 now.  Doubt she is girlfriend material for someone your age.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 04:15:40 PM »

female drummers are hot. period!  I love watching the young fit and petite drummers on youtube  Razz
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2016, 10:07:43 AM »

Hey Bubs,  I like the new name.  How did Judd steal your thunder?

Well, I was speaking to Judd about the drummer and my idea for this thread, which is when he decided to make this.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: