gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680854 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 12:51:22 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brian Wilson and Friends Collector's Edition, Extra tracks  (Read 9272 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2016, 03:36:34 PM »

Brian Wilson and Friends [CD+DVD] Collector's Edition, Extra tracks  

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01CYOFKR2/

Description
Product Description
'Brian Wilson and Friends' was recorded live in Las Vegas for Chicago television's prestigious 'Soundstage' programme. The programme features Brian Wilson's phenomenal touring band (including long-time Beach Boys sidemen Blondie Chaplin and Ricky Fataar) along with special guests Mark Isham, Kacey Musgraves, Nate Ruess (front man of Fun) and She & Him.

The tremendous set list on the DVD and CD includes the Beach Boys classics' 'Good Vibrations', 'Don't Worry Baby', 'Wild Honey', 'Wouldn't It Be Nice' and many more.

Track Listing

Disc: 1

Our Prayer
Heroes and Villains
Sloop John B
Dance Dance Dance
Good Vibrations
This Beautiful Day
Marcella
Wild Honey
Sail On Sailor
Sail Away
Half Moon Bay
Don't Talk
The Right Time
Wouldn't It Be Nice
Help Me Rhonda
Fun Fun Fun
California Girls
California Saga
All Summer Long

Disc: 2

Our Prayer
Heroes and Villains
Sloop John B
Dance Dance Dance
Good Vibrations
This Beautiful Day
Runaway Dancer
Don't Worry Baby
Marcella
Wild Honey
Sail On Sailor
Sail Away
Half Moon Bay
Don't Talk
Saturday Night
Hold On Dear Brother
Darlin
On The Island
God Only Knows
The Right Time
Wouldn't It Be Nice
Help Me Rhonda
All Summer Long
Fun Fun Fun
Guess You Had To Be There
Pacific Coast Highway (Bonus Track)
Summers Gone (Bonus Track)
She & Him, Nate Ruess (Fun), Kacey Musgraves and Sebu (interviews)

Label   : Salvo Sound & Vision
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 01:19:31 AM by John Manning » Logged

“We live in divisive times.”
mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 03:53:51 PM »

Looks like I'll need to get this for the bonus tracks to go with the signed copy I got when it was released in the US!

Cheers for letting us know John.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 03:59:20 PM »

Looks like I'll need to get this for the bonus tracks to go with the signed copy I got when it was released in the US!

Cheers for letting us know John.

Y'r welcome… I missed out on the signed copy due to a muck up with the delivery people and poor customer service from the vendors… but they sent me a spare copy of the combo and a BW signed movie poster as compo.

This version is a must for the CD edition, for me.

On that score, I guess this qualifies as a new legit official Brian Wilson album…

mikeddonn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 04:09:30 PM »

Sorry you eventually missed out on the signed copy but I bet that signed poster would be nice compensation!

I didn't notice at first that it's probably the concert on the CD too as opposed to the NPP Album which came with the original release combo.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 04:30:05 PM by mikeddonn » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 04:19:56 PM »

It'll be interesting to see if they do a Blu-ray as well (the original PBS release was a Blu-ray/DVD combo pack), and hopefully a worldwide release.

It's worth noting that it doesn't appear the DVD has any new bonus tracks compared to the previous release.

The CD component is obviously new. I would presume "Disc 1" is the CD and "Disc 2" the DVD.

Looks like the CD is basically the show minus all the guest star lead vocals, with "California Girls" and "California Saga" added.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 04:23:26 PM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 04:24:35 PM »

Salvo is mainly a UK label though, right? Do they distribute directly to the US?

I'm also guessing this *may* not come out on Blu-ray.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 01:01:21 AM »

Gah. Do I order this when I've already got the DVD, just to get the live CD version, essentially just for two tracks? That'd be paying six quid each for live versions of California Saga and California Girls...but I *would* probably listen to the CD version more than I'd watch the DVD I currently have...

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
KDS
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2016, 05:20:52 AM »

Well, I guess I'm buying this again. 

I'm hoping there's a separate release for the CD so I don't have to purchase the DVD again. 

I'm also thinking that this release means we're definitely not likely to see a live release from the 2015 NPP Tour. 
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2016, 09:18:25 AM »

I would hope/assume the next big "home video" push would be something from the PS 50 live tour.

The old "Pet Sounds Live in London" DVD isn't particularly great, in terms of editing/direction and video quality.

Say what you want about Joe Thomas, but he does good live TV tapings for "Soundstage." If they do a PS50 live Blu-ray with the same production values as the "Soundstage" Blu-ray, I'd be happy.

This new Salvo release seems like kind of a waste if they don't do a Blu-ray configuration, though. Not trying to be an HD snob, but at this stage I buy Blu-rays not so much to get *awesome* video quality, but to simply keep from seeing a sub-par DVD, and DVDs increasingly start to look sub-par after watching a lot of HD stuff on Blu-ray and on TV/cable.

The Blu-ray of the Soundstage show is beautiful; hopefully they'll give it a wide release.

While the CD in this package is a bit redundant, I kind of like it (and wish they had included at least "Hold on Dear Brother" as well). This will be, I believe, the first CD release of a live Brian show with Al in the band.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 09:19:26 AM by HeyJude » Logged

joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2016, 11:19:45 AM »

is this both UK and US?
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2016, 11:27:53 AM »

is this both UK and US?

I suppose it's as yet unknown. It's only showing on the UK Amazon site right now. Salvo is, if I'm correct, a UK-based label. Which isn't to say it won't get US distribution as well.

But it also seems pretty clear that the release date (early May) in the UK is tied to Brian's May UK tour dates.

So a US release may be coming, but may come later.

joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2016, 11:35:25 AM »

is this both UK and US?

I suppose it's as yet unknown. It's only showing on the UK Amazon site right now. Salvo is, if I'm correct, a UK-based label. Which isn't to say it won't get US distribution as well.

But it also seems pretty clear that the release date (early May) in the UK is tied to Brian's May UK tour dates.

So a US release may be coming, but may come later.
cool thanks,,,
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2016, 11:47:29 AM »

Yes, good find, John!  I picture some of you guys getting up every morning, sticking Beach Boys and various members names in to see what can be found.

At least we have a release that everybody can easily buy.  Salvo is a good label.  I have many of their Procol Harum titles, including the comp All This and More..., which had a DVD (all region), so this should work fine in America.  I think a lot of folks missed the PBS release, even here.  For me, it would be just for the Cd, so an independent Cd release would be best.  I'll keep a look-out.

And HeyJude,  we're not snobs for loving Blu-Ray.  It's not just the picture, the sound is way better.  I upgrade music and movies all the time.  Blu-Ray rules.  I've been watching the Beatles Anthology again, since the Beatles 1/+1 Blu-Ray came out.  Compare those, or any of the Beatles Blu-Ray re-releases.  I see big improvements, especially Magical Mystery Tour.  When are the Beach Boys gonna' get it together?  Endless Harmony really needs to get upgraded (...and Expanded)!

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
timbnash68
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2016, 02:39:20 PM »

If Im not mistaken Salvo Sound & Vision is a B M G worldwide label. I believe that  Thomas is  an  exec  at B M G . I would guess that a U S release won't be far behind…...
Sam_BFC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2016, 02:33:44 PM »

Nice one John.

I've been looking out for this as I couldn't be bothered going through Soundstage for the original release.

"..be cautious, don't get your hopes up, look over your shoulder because heartbreak and darkness are always ready to pounce"

petsoundsnola
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2016, 05:59:19 PM »

Hold On Dear Brother!! One of the more underrated BB songs....

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2016, 11:56:03 AM »

Yes, good find, John!  I picture some of you guys getting up every morning, sticking Beach Boys and various members names in to see what can be found.

Guilty! (That's what bookmarks were invented for!)

Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2016, 12:47:05 AM »

Nice!  I missed out on the original release (I guess I'm slipping these days on getting all the current stuff right away).
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2016, 09:26:11 AM »

Anyone got this?
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2016, 10:02:42 AM »

Anyone got this?

Had a shipping notification; expecting it tomorrow or Monday. Or Tuesday… etc etc…
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 10:03:32 AM by John Manning » Logged

The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2016, 12:30:42 AM »

I got this yesterday. The live CD is amazing.
Still wondering why Al is not singing the lead vocal on Wouldn't It Be Nice in the current PS50 Tour.

Eric Aniversario
Smiley Smile Associate

Keep the Summer Alive!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2016, 12:45:04 AM »

Still wondering why Al is not singing the lead vocal on Wouldn't It Be Nice in the current PS50 Tour.
Is the DVD playable in the U.S.?
Margarita
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2016, 07:53:40 AM »

Didn't this come out last year?  I have a DVD that contains more than the broadcast, including I believe Pacific Coast Highway.  I'm traveling right now so i can't check my copy.

But she's still dancing in the night unafraid of what a dude'll do in a town full of Heroes and Villains...
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2016, 10:19:38 AM »

Didn't this come out last year?  I have a DVD that contains more than the broadcast, including I believe Pacific Coast Highway.  I'm traveling right now so i can't check my copy.

Right, it does have the extra tracks.  It came out on Blu-ray and DVD last year.  You also got a copy of NPP and an autograph from Brian.  For $40 I though it was a pretty good deal.
The Real Barnyard
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2016, 12:42:32 PM »

Is the DVD playable in the U.S.?
There is no indication of region codes on the cover, so it should be region free.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx