gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680878 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 02:46:47 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BW reissues?  (Read 2202 times)
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2016, 02:50:52 PM »

Just noticed some interesting new listings at amazon uk.

Looks like a vinyl issue of the Here Today! various artists tribute album "currently available" - I'd speculate a possible RSD release…

Also import CDs of BW88, Imagination and OCA, also "currently available". Speculate that these are tour tie-ins.

Anyone know any more? Thanks in advance…

“We live in divisive times.”
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 05:56:13 AM »

Here Today! track listing:

(On snowy white vinyl)

Do You Have Any Regrets? - Darian Sahanaja
I Do - The Castells
Here Today - Bobby Vee
Guess I'm Dumb - Johnny Wells
Don't Worry Baby - The Tokens
Aren't You Glad - Peggy March
God Only Knows - Betty Everett
Don't Talk (Put Your Head On My Shoulder) - Carmen Mcrae
Good Vibrations - Hugo Montenegro
Caroline, No - Nick Decaro
I Just Wasn't Made For These Times - Louis Philippe With Dean Brodrick
You Still Believe In Me - Kirsty MacColl

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 07:42:34 AM »

Not sure what plans they have for Brian's back catalog, and I'm also not sure what, if anything, has actually ever been "out of print."

But the BW'88 album was "reissued" just last year to tie in with the L&M film (both a reissue of the 2000 deluxe edition and, perplexingly, the original non-bonus-track version as well).

If any of Brian's solo albums are out of print in any territories, perhaps it makes sense to get them back in print in time for a high profile tour. But, as was the case with the BW'88 reissue, it probably wouldn't entail new remastering, or any new bonus tracks.

An actual "deluxe" version of OCA with extra tracks would be great.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 12:51:48 PM »

Not sure what plans they have for Brian's back catalog, and I'm also not sure what, if anything, has actually ever been "out of print."

But the BW'88 album was "reissued" just last year to tie in with the L&M film (both a reissue of the 2000 deluxe edition and, perplexingly, the original non-bonus-track version as well).

If any of Brian's solo albums are out of print in any territories, perhaps it makes sense to get them back in print in time for a high profile tour. But, as was the case with the BW'88 reissue, it probably wouldn't entail new remastering, or any new bonus tracks.

An actual "deluxe" version of OCA with extra tracks would be great.
I would buy that, and I believe there are a couple outtakes from those sessions.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 04:15:11 PM »

Looks like a vinyl issue of the Here Today! various artists tribute album "currently available" - I'd speculate a possible RSD release…

Not a tribute album - it's a covers compilation. Caroline, Now ! is a tribute album.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 04:49:54 PM »

Not a tribute album - it's a covers compilation. Caroline, Now ! is a tribute album.

Good point.

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2016, 05:29:28 PM »

The three BW albums (inc the BW/VDP album) are listed at CD Japan with the following description for each:

Reissue release from Brian Wilson features digital remastering in 2016. Comes with lyrics and a description. This series features the following titles "Brian Wilson," "Orange Crate Art," and "Imagination."

So remastering but, according to the track lists, no bonus tracks on any of them.

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2016, 07:24:43 AM »

The three BW albums (inc the BW/VDP album) are listed at CD Japan with the following description for each:

Reissue release from Brian Wilson features digital remastering in 2016. Comes with lyrics and a description. This series features the following titles "Brian Wilson," "Orange Crate Art," and "Imagination."

So remastering but, according to the track lists, no bonus tracks on any of them.

I'd be wary of remastering credits at this stage. They may well be truly remastered, but I've seen other cases where stuff is simply reissued or an old title is put back in print, and it's erroneously labeled as remastered.

For that matter, none of these albums needs remastering. The mastering is just fine on all of them. OCA and Imagination came out in the mid-late 90s, so they don't suffer from being excessively loud. BW '88 was remastered in 2000, and both the 1988 mastering and the 2000 mastering both suffice (with the exception of a couple of incorrect mixes on the 2000 mastering, which apparently were fixed for last year's re-re-issue).
« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 07:26:29 AM by HeyJude » Logged

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx