gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680752 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 02:46:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ELP's Keith Emerson dead at 71 by Suicide  (Read 2012 times)
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2016, 12:16:55 PM »

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/keith-emerson-dies/

What a terrible year in rock!

What a terrible week.

Every time I hear that moog solo in Lucky Man I am blown away! RIP Keith!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 01:48:12 PM by OregonRiverRider » Logged

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
KDS
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 12:30:10 PM »

Sad news. 
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 03:24:26 PM »

When is this awful winter going to end? Rest in peace, Mr Emerson.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Kurosawa
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 10:22:58 PM »

He was in a lot of pain...he had terrible carpel tunnel and nerve problems with his hands. It must have been hellish for him. So very tragic.

Member of the Anaheim Azusa and Cucamonga sewing circle book review and timing association (the double-ACASSN).
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 01:47:23 AM »

http://fridaynightboys300.blogspot.com/2016/03/keith-emerson-rip.html

The clip with Oscar Peterson is great!
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 02:29:34 AM »

He was in a lot of pain...he had terrible carpel tunnel and nerve problems with his hands. It must have been hellish for him. So very tragic.
I guess so. They are now saying suicide. Terrible, tragic.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/keith-emerson-dead-from-gunshot-to-head-in-apparent-suicide/ar-AAgG2LG?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 03:55:26 PM »

I just feel like there's a ton of celebrities leaving us in 2016, and mostly musicians...

So sad. I only recently discovered their song "From the Beginning," and I want to get to know more of their music.

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 04:08:42 PM »

I just feel like there's a ton of celebrities leaving us in 2016, and mostly musicians...

So sad. I only recently discovered their song "From the Beginning," and I want to get to know more of their music.

u-m, their 1970 debut is not a bad place to start:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emerson,_Lake_%26_Palmer_(album)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1Robezbkhg

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
NOLA BB Fan
Smiley Smile Associate

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 04:09:54 PM »

As a result of a severe wrist injury I had bad carpel tunnel syndrome. It felt like a hot knife stabbing over and over. No shots or medicines helped. It was incapacitating. Thankfully surgery eased the pain enough to make it bearable. However if Emerson couldn't get relief it would indeed have been truly hellish.

RIP :-(

"No White Flags." - Team Gleason

"(Brian) got into this really touching music with songs like 'In My Room', and 'Good Vibrations' was amazing. The melodies are so beautiful, almost perfect. I began to realize he was one of the most gifted writers of our generation." - Paul Simon

"The best thing you can be 'like' in music is yourself." Dr. John
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2016, 07:44:59 AM »

As a result of a severe wrist injury I had bad carpel tunnel syndrome. It felt like a hot knife stabbing over and over. No shots or medicines helped. It was incapacitating. Thankfully surgery eased the pain enough to make it bearable. However if Emerson couldn't get relief it would indeed have been truly hellish.

RIP :-(

Sorry to hear that, NBBF. Poor Keith.

Listening to ELP's first album, the last verse of "Lucky Man" takes on a whole new tragic meaning...   

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx