gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680876 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims May 01, 2024, 03:56:34 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock n Roll to the Rescue Producer credits  (Read 19122 times)
KDS
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2016, 09:14:48 AM »

You can tell there was a short period of time where the BBs certainly *tried* to get that single to be a bigger hit, going so far as to displace "California Girls" as the show opener, which they had been doing at that stage for around a decade or so.

It's actually not a totally bad idea, thinking back, for them to open shows with new stuff. People would perhaps sometimes groan or take a beer break when they did new stuff in the middle of the show. But people are so amped when a show starts that anything uptempo might have work.

They tried opening with "It's OK" for awhile in 1982, but that was dropped eventually in favor of "California Girls" again.

I've always thought that I Get Around would make a good opener. 
Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2016, 09:20:12 AM »

Some harsh words here by the usual suspects. I think the video was fine. I was thrilled to see the BB's in a video at the time , as it was always great to see the Boys on TV. It  was supposed to be a fun song so they tried to make a fun video. I think the live version of the song was better than the studio recording. The song itself was just ok and Brian's style of singing at this time wasn't his best but hey, it was Brian Wilson and that's always good enough for me. Brian's somewhat troubling appearance on Solid Gold just adds to the legend and he did look great. Regarding Getcha Back; loved Brian's vocals on that, the falsetto and the tag. Also loved his vocal on She's Got Rhythm .Not the best song in the world but I think we were all wondering at the time if Brian still had the falsetto and while it wasn't Don't Worry Baby , it was a revelation in 1978.
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2016, 09:30:50 AM »

I don't believe Brian ever did "R&R to the Rescue" live with the band. They only did the song at a few dozen gigs in 1986, and Brian didn't even show for the most high profile gig they did the song at, the "Farm Aid" appearance from that year.

I believe Farm Aid has uploaded high quality videos of a bunch of their shows over the years, so you can get a nice looking and sounding version of the BBs, sans Brian, doing the song live there. I think Al handles most or all of Brian's parts. Ironically, I think that's the show where Al has a really scratchy voice, so what otherwise would have been a good lead performance is a bit marred.

There's some interesting Melcher/Beach Boys/Brian/Gary Usher stuff in "The Wilson Project", which covers Brian's Usher era. It seems Usher and Melcher were both in some ways possibly vying and jockeying in that 1986 time frame to produce the "next" Beach Boys album, which kind of never ended up happening (though SIP eventually did of course). Not sure either Usher or Melcher could have brought the goods to make a good BB album at the time, though to be fair they wouldn't have had a ton of help from the band members either. Melcher wrote some decent catchy songs with Mike, at least two or three on SIP a few years later. Usher seemed like a nice guy, but the songs he wrote with Brian in the 80s were mostly pretty "bleh."

While I've never heard or read Carl or Al say anything bad about Melcher, it's interesting that Al and Carl walked out on the "Spirit of Rock and Roll" session in 1986 (not due to Melcher, but rather as apparently a protest to Landy), and both Al and Carl played limited roles in the one other "Beach Boys" project Melcher had a strong hand in, "Summer in Paradise." Again, I don't think Al and Carl had any problems with Melcher (Al said nice things about him in his 2000 Goldmine interview), but it seems like several times Melcher somehow ended up on the opposite side of Al and Carl, probably more to do with being buds with Mike I guess.

If they could have all finished off "The Spirit of Rock and Roll" in 1986/87 as a "Beach Boys" single, that one might have been more successful than "R&R to the Rescue."

The Spirit of Rock and Roll was an Usher and Brian project, not Melcher

By "they", I simply meant the Beach Boys. I know the song was a co-write including Usher and Brian, and that they also produced it together.

There really isn't a full BB version per se, the closest being the version done for the 25th Anniversary special, which was the Usher/Brian studio version with an extra layer of backing vocals from Mike, Bruce, and Glen Campbell.

If they could have added Carl and Al to the track, smoothed it out a bit, whether finishing it with Usher or Melcher or someone else, it might have performed a little better than "R&R to the Rescue."

While a bit cloying and a bit of novelty lyrically, I think "Spirit" is relatively solid musically. With better production, it could have sounded good even had it been attempted again a number of years later. Unfortunately, Brian's solo 2006 version just sounds rather limp.

Yeah, agree with your take on this.  I was just clarifying that it was Usher and Brian (due to Landy as you stated) that Carl and Al would not work with on the Rock and Roll to the Rescue session in Hawaii , not Melcher.

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2016, 11:18:47 AM »

Supposedly Landy pulled Brian away from the production and flew him to Hawaii for a stress test, and Melcher left Brian's name off the production credit in retaliation.

Stress test? I wonder if that was Scientology related. I'm actually serious in posing that question. Landy seems like he was using those type of tactics, with Brian's family in particular being the near-equivalent of "suppressive persons", etc.

But it is a fascinating tidbit of info there, c-man. I wonder how many times Melcher actually worked with Brian in the studio after that incident. It seems Melcher worked with the BBs quite a lot after that song, maybe on 75%+ of their (admittedly small) output for the next half-decade, yet I'm pretty sure Brian only appears on the non-Melcher tracks.

I can only imagine what lengths Melcher would have gone through to avoid dealing with Landy again. I could imagine that Brian's Kokomo non-appearance might have had something to do with the Melcher-Landy relationship.
Brian's non-appearance on Kokomo only became an issue after the track became a #1 hit. I don't hear him on California Dreamin', Happy Endings, Still Cruisin', or Somewhere Near Japan, either.

That's a good point about Kokomo.

I don't have my CD of Still Cruisin' handy to check credits, and I couldn't locate the info in a Google search... does anyone know: Did Melcher produce or co-produce Island Girl or Make It Big?

Being that those are the only new BB songs on that album with Brian audibly on them (Wipeout excluded intentionally), I'm just trying to deduce if there were in fact ANY songs by the BBs produced by Terry that have Brian on them (other than Rock and Roll to the Rescue). Certainly nothing off SIP does.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 11:27:27 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2016, 11:27:24 AM »

I don't believe Brian ever did "R&R to the Rescue" live with the band. They only did the song at a few dozen gigs in 1986, and Brian didn't even show for the most high profile gig they did the song at, the "Farm Aid" appearance from that year.

I believe Farm Aid has uploaded high quality videos of a bunch of their shows over the years, so you can get a nice looking and sounding version of the BBs, sans Brian, doing the song live there. I think Al handles most or all of Brian's parts. Ironically, I think that's the show where Al has a really scratchy voice, so what otherwise would have been a good lead performance is a bit marred.

There's some interesting Melcher/Beach Boys/Brian/Gary Usher stuff in "The Wilson Project", which covers Brian's Usher era. It seems Usher and Melcher were both in some ways possibly vying and jockeying in that 1986 time frame to produce the "next" Beach Boys album, which kind of never ended up happening (though SIP eventually did of course). Not sure either Usher or Melcher could have brought the goods to make a good BB album at the time, though to be fair they wouldn't have had a ton of help from the band members either. Melcher wrote some decent catchy songs with Mike, at least two or three on SIP a few years later. Usher seemed like a nice guy, but the songs he wrote with Brian in the 80s were mostly pretty "bleh."

While I've never heard or read Carl or Al say anything bad about Melcher, it's interesting that Al and Carl walked out on the "Spirit of Rock and Roll" session in 1986 (not due to Melcher, but rather as apparently a protest to Landy), and both Al and Carl played limited roles in the one other "Beach Boys" project Melcher had a strong hand in, "Summer in Paradise." Again, I don't think Al and Carl had any problems with Melcher (Al said nice things about him in his 2000 Goldmine interview), but it seems like several times Melcher somehow ended up on the opposite side of Al and Carl, probably more to do with being buds with Mike I guess.

If they could have all finished off "The Spirit of Rock and Roll" in 1986/87 as a "Beach Boys" single, that one might have been more successful than "R&R to the Rescue."

The Spirit of Rock and Roll was an Usher and Brian project, not Melcher

By "they", I simply meant the Beach Boys. I know the song was a co-write including Usher and Brian, and that they also produced it together.

There really isn't a full BB version per se, the closest being the version done for the 25th Anniversary special, which was the Usher/Brian studio version with an extra layer of backing vocals from Mike, Bruce, and Glen Campbell.

If they could have added Carl and Al to the track, smoothed it out a bit, whether finishing it with Usher or Melcher or someone else, it might have performed a little better than "R&R to the Rescue."

While a bit cloying and a bit of novelty lyrically, I think "Spirit" is relatively solid musically. With better production, it could have sounded good even had it been attempted again a number of years later. Unfortunately, Brian's solo 2006 version just sounds rather limp.

Yeah, agree with your take on this.  I was just clarifying that it was Usher and Brian (due to Landy as you stated) that Carl and Al would not work with on the Rock and Roll to the Rescue session in Hawaii , not Melcher.

True, and I don't even sense it was Usher or Brian that Al and Carl had a problem with. (Al did infamously kvetch to Usher about the loan from 23 years prior). They had an issue with Landy.

Even Usher's own words don't make it extensively clear what Carl and Al were trying to accomplish by "protesting" Landy, other than to make a point. I obviously wish their point had made for of an impact.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2016, 11:30:42 AM »

Supposedly Landy pulled Brian away from the production and flew him to Hawaii for a stress test, and Melcher left Brian's name off the production credit in retaliation.

Stress test? I wonder if that was Scientology related. I'm actually serious in posing that question. Landy seems like he was using those type of tactics, with Brian's family in particular being the near-equivalent of "suppressive persons", etc.

But it is a fascinating tidbit of info there, c-man. I wonder how many times Melcher actually worked with Brian in the studio after that incident. It seems Melcher worked with the BBs quite a lot after that song, maybe on 75%+ of their (admittedly small) output for the next half-decade, yet I'm pretty sure Brian only appears on the non-Melcher tracks.

I can only imagine what lengths Melcher would have gone through to avoid dealing with Landy again. I could imagine that Brian's Kokomo non-appearance might have had something to do with the Melcher-Landy relationship.
Brian's non-appearance on Kokomo only became an issue after the track became a #1 hit. I don't hear him on California Dreamin', Happy Endings, Still Cruisin', or Somewhere Near Japan, either.

That's a good point about Kokomo.

I don't have my CD of Still Cruisin' handy to check credits, and I couldn't locate the info in a Google search... does anyone know: Did Melcher produce or co-produce Island Girl or Make It Big?

Being that those are the only new BB songs on that album with Brian audibly on them (Wipeout excluded intentionally), I'm just trying to deduce if there were in fact ANY songs by the BBs produced by Terry that have Brian on them (other than Rock and Roll to the Rescue). Certainly nothing off SIP does.

Melcher co-wrote and produced Make it Big
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 11:43:12 AM by southbay » Logged

AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2016, 12:20:14 PM »

Is Brian on Make It Big? I've never heard him on there... He *is* on In My Car, though -- are you thinking of that?
Melcher produced every new track on Still Cruisin' except Island Girl (produced by Al), In My Car (produced by Brian and, allegedly, Landy), and Wipe Out ( credit “Produced by Albert Cabrera and Tony Moran (Little Rascals) in association with the Beach Boys, co-produced by Darren Robinson and Damon Wimbley”).

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2016, 12:29:20 PM »

I hear Brian at the end of “Make It Big.”

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2016, 12:37:53 PM »

I hear Brian at the end of “Make It Big.”

Brian's vocal interplay with Mike at the end of Make it Big is amazing. They both sound killer.  Mike sounds like he's almost approaching falsetto there.

It may sound crazy, but the tag to that song has become one of my favorite moments in the band's catalog. I don't care how cheesy or 80s it is, I love that tag a bunch.

While it amounts to a tiny cameo, I guess Brian's vocal on Make it Big is Brian's only post-Rock and Roll to the Rescue appearance on any Terry-produced BB song.  I wonder that part was just shoehorned in at the last minute.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 12:38:45 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2016, 12:49:40 PM »

I actually love Brian's vocal on RRTTR, but I'm clearly in the minority (I also love the disco HCTN).  He just sounds so engaged to me.

The Solid Gold appearance is disturbing, though.  Especially if you look at Brian's hands on the keyboard - he's actually pounding them with his fists.  His body language is terrified.  Fun fact - a woman I used to duet with in a cover band is one of the bathing beauties in the video.  She still looks stunning, too.

I saw them do this in Binghamton, NY live in 1986 at what was a very professional concert, far cry from the other time I saw them in '81.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2016, 01:07:32 PM »

I actually love Brian's vocal on RRTTR, but I'm clearly in the minority (I also love the disco HCTN).  He just sounds so engaged to me.

The Solid Gold appearance is disturbing, though.  Especially if you look at Brian's hands on the keyboard - he's actually pounding them with his fists.  His body language is terrified.  Fun fact - a woman I used to duet with in a cover band is one of the bathing beauties in the video.  She still looks stunning, too.

I saw them do this in Binghamton, NY live in 1986 at what was a very professional concert, far cry from the other time I saw them in '81.

I agree, even though Brian's vocals are a bit "off", he does sound like he's really into it, and that helps elevate the song quite a lot.

The Solid Gold appearance is so weird, for all the reasons you mentioned, but also especially Brian's odd short-lived bowl-like 80s haircut. Not sure what was going on there. I've only ever seen one other image where Brian had that haircut, and I think it's a pic of him and Gary Busey!

I do love how the crowd cheers loudly when Carl sings his lines (lip-synced as they were). I wonder, were there just a bunch of big Carl fans in attendance that night?
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2016, 01:38:41 PM »

Is Brian on Make It Big? I've never heard him on there... He *is* on In My Car, though -- are you thinking of that?
Melcher produced every new track on Still Cruisin' except Island Girl (produced by Al), In My Car (produced by Brian and, allegedly, Landy), and Wipe Out ( credit “Produced by Albert Cabrera and Tony Moran (Little Rascals) in association with the Beach Boys, co-produced by Darren Robinson and Damon Wimbley”).

Brian is very audible with Mike on the closing tag

southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2016, 01:40:03 PM »

I agree, even though Brian's vocals are a bit "off", he does sound like he's really into it, and that helps elevate the song quite a lot.

The Solid Gold appearance is so weird, for all the reasons you mentioned, but also especially Brian's odd short-lived bowl-like 80s haircut. Not sure what was going on there. I've only ever seen one other image where Brian had that haircut, and I think it's a pic of him and Gary Busey!

I do love how the crowd cheers loudly when Carl sings his lines (lip-synced as they were). I wonder, were there just a bunch of big Carl fans in attendance that night?

I always thought Brian's hair in 86 was kind of a throwback to his Pet Sounds days

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2016, 02:17:22 PM »

Brian sings backing vocals on "Make It Big" (audible on the ending tag), and also on "Island Girl" (on the intro). In fact, Al mentioned that it was a hassle to steal Brian away for any time to sing in little bits of BB sessions in his 2000 Goldmine interview:

My favorite Beach Boys island song is a little-known tune called "Island Girl." I love the intro. It was the last time that Carl, Brian and I sang an a capella fugue together straight form the heart. We invented the parts right on the spot. I only had a half-hour with Brian. It was during the Gene Landy conservatorship period, and he gave me Brian for only a half-hour to do the song. [laughs] Talk about pressure. But it had great primal energy.

"In My Car" is of course a Brian solo track with Carl singing the first verse and Al singing the second and third. Brian sounds to be doing all the backing vocals. So Al and Carl sing parts of the lead, and Mike and Bruce aren't on that one.

I don't hear Brian on "Still Cruisin'" or "Somewhere Near Japan." So it's interesting that Brian does appear on four of the seven "new" tracks on the "Still Cruisin'" album.  

I believe Brian also added vocals to Al's "Don't Fight the Sea" around this same time/era (1989), though I don't know if it was literally the same session as "Island Girl", where Al apparently got Brian from Landy for a half hour.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2016, 04:27:19 PM »

I always assumed that over-processed voice with Mike right at the end of Make It Big was Al, but you're right, it does sound like Brian...

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2016, 05:33:56 PM »

It's the day after my initial comments and time to add that I agree with c-man that the track itself rocks - but it definitely (IMO, of course) needed some different lyrics. While I still consider the R&RttR video an embarrassment for the BBs, the woman at 1:50 does make that part an enjoyable viewing experience. And finally, I absolutely love BW's vocals on Getcha Back, both the falsettos and the tag.

All in all, one of the cool aspects of BB fandom is that their wide body of work provides for some pronounced differences of opinion concerning various tracks. So I'll (gulp) say it again -- I've always liked the disco version of Here Comes the Night.

bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2016, 05:38:10 PM »

don't gulp 'custom'.  I like the disco version too!  periodically i'll bring out the 12" coloured vinyl and spin it.  It's cool man!
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2016, 01:05:12 AM »

Some harsh words here by the usual suspects.

Seriously? Bottom line is: I don't like the song and you do. Nothing more.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2016, 04:58:46 AM »

I always assumed that over-processed voice with Mike right at the end of Make It Big was Al, but you're right, it does sound like Brian...

Because it is ?  Smiley

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2016, 06:22:37 AM »

All in all, one of the cool aspects of BB fandom is that their wide body of work provides for some pronounced differences of opinion concerning various tracks. So I'll (gulp) say it again -- I've always liked the disco version of Here Comes the Night.

What I have noticed through the years is - AMONG BEACH BOY'S FANS - the problem with the disco version of "Here Comes The Night" isn't the track itself, but the length and space it takes up on L.A. Light Album (which could've been used for another 2-3 songs). Also, it did come out slightly late in the disco era, and it had to fight the negative stigma of The Beach Boys jumping on the disco "bandwagon".

I think "Here Comes The Night" is well produced, the lead and backing vocals are excellent, and, having heard it on AM radio in 1979 while cruising around, it sounded pretty good. I'm still waiting for an official digital/CD release of the single version so I can put it on a comp! police
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 12, 2016, 07:50:13 AM »

Because it is ?  Smiley

That would certainly be the most likely explanation, yes Wink

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: March 12, 2016, 08:54:44 AM »

"In My Car" is of course a Brian solo track with Carl singing the first verse and Al singing the second and third. Brian sounds to be doing all the backing vocals. So Al and Carl sing parts of the lead, and Mike and Bruce aren't on that one.

If you've got a version with Carl & Alan singing on the verses - instead of Brian - and not the chorus (as they do on my copy of Still Cruisin' purchased on release), then I think you can name your price.  Grin

Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2016, 09:01:27 AM »

I think "Here Comes The Night" is well produced, the lead and backing vocals are excellent, and, having heard it on AM radio in 1979 while cruising around, it sounded pretty good. I'm still waiting for an official digital/CD release of the single version so I can put it on a comp! police

Released on the 1995 2CD UK comp The Best Of The Beach Boys.

CD 1
01. The Beach Boys - California girls (02:39)
02. The Beach Boys - Surfin' U.S.A. (02:28)
03. The Beach Boys - Little deuce coupe (01:39)
04. The Beach Boys - Fun fun fun (02:20)
05. The Beach Boys - Surfer girl (02:28)
06. The Beach Boys - I get around (02:14)
07. The Beach Boys - Girls on the beach (02:22)
08. The Beach Boys - Don't worry baby (02:48)
09. The Beach Boys - When I grow up (to be a Mmn) (02:01)
10. The Beach Boys - All summer long (02:05)
11. The Beach Boys - Wendy (02:15)
12. The Beach Boys - Do you wanna dance (02:19)
13. The Beach Boys - Dance dance dance (01:59)
14. The Beach Boys - In my room (02:13)
15. The Beach Boys - Help me Rhonda (02:48)
16. The Beach Boys - Then I kissed her (02:14)
17. The Beach Boys - The little girl I once knew (02:31)
18. The Beach Boys - Barbara-Ann (02:07)
19. The Beach Boys - Sloop John B. (02:58)
20. The Beach Boys - You're so good to me (02:16)
21. The Beach Boys - Caroline no (02:53)
22. The Beach Boys - God only knows (02:50)
23. The Beach Boys - Wouldn't it be nice (02:23)
24. The Beach Boys - Heroes and villains (03:36)

CD 2
01. The Beach Boys - Good vibrations (03:37)
02. The Beach Boys - Darlin' (02:12)
03. The Beach Boys - Wild honey (02:37)
04. The Beach Boys - Friends (02:31)
05. The Beach Boys - Do it again (02:25)
06. The Beach Boys - Bluebirds over the mountain (02:53)
07. The Beach Boys - I can hear music (02:39)
08. The Beach Boys - Break away (02:55)
09. The Beach Boys - Cottonfields (The cotton song) (03:02)
10. The Beach Boys - Forever (02:39)
11. The Beach Boys - Tears in the morning (04:07)
12. The Beach Boys - Disney girls (04:09)
13. The Beach Boys - Surf's up (04:12)
14. The Beach Boys - Sail on sailor (03:21)
15. The Beach Boys - Rock and roll music (02:30)
16. The Beach Boys - Here comes the night (04:35)
17. The Beach Boys - Lady Lynda (04:02)
18. The Beach Boys - Sumahama (04:12)
19. The Beach Boys - California dreamin' (03:12)
20. The Beach Boys - Kokomo (03:36)

Very fair comp, actually...

Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2016, 10:13:36 AM »

Released on the 1995 2CD UK comp The Best Of The Beach Boys.

CD 1
01. The Beach Boys - California girls (02:39)
02. The Beach Boys - Surfin' U.S.A. (02:28)
03. The Beach Boys - Little deuce coupe (01:39)
04. The Beach Boys - Fun fun fun (02:20)
05. The Beach Boys - Surfer girl (02:28)
06. The Beach Boys - I get around (02:14)
07. The Beach Boys - Girls on the beach (02:22)
08. The Beach Boys - Don't worry baby (02:48)
09. The Beach Boys - When I grow up (to be a Mmn) (02:01)
10. The Beach Boys - All summer long (02:05)
11. The Beach Boys - Wendy (02:15)
12. The Beach Boys - Do you wanna dance (02:19)
13. The Beach Boys - Dance dance dance (01:59)
14. The Beach Boys - In my room (02:13)
15. The Beach Boys - Help me Rhonda (02:48)
16. The Beach Boys - Then I kissed her (02:14)
17. The Beach Boys - The little girl I once knew (02:31)
18. The Beach Boys - Barbara-Ann (02:07)
19. The Beach Boys - Sloop John B. (02:58)
20. The Beach Boys - You're so good to me (02:16)
21. The Beach Boys - Caroline no (02:53)
22. The Beach Boys - God only knows (02:50)
23. The Beach Boys - Wouldn't it be nice (02:23)
24. The Beach Boys - Heroes and villains (03:36)

CD 2
01. The Beach Boys - Good vibrations (03:37)
02. The Beach Boys - Darlin' (02:12)
03. The Beach Boys - Wild honey (02:37)
04. The Beach Boys - Friends (02:31)
05. The Beach Boys - Do it again (02:25)
06. The Beach Boys - Bluebirds over the mountain (02:53)
07. The Beach Boys - I can hear music (02:39)
08. The Beach Boys - Break away (02:55)
09. The Beach Boys - Cottonfields (The cotton song) (03:02)
10. The Beach Boys - Forever (02:39)
11. The Beach Boys - Tears in the morning (04:07)
12. The Beach Boys - Disney girls (04:09)
13. The Beach Boys - Surf's up (04:12)
14. The Beach Boys - Sail on sailor (03:21)
15. The Beach Boys - Rock and roll music (02:30)
16. The Beach Boys - Here comes the night (04:35)
17. The Beach Boys - Lady Lynda (04:02)
18. The Beach Boys - Sumahama (04:12)
19. The Beach Boys - California dreamin' (03:12)
20. The Beach Boys - Kokomo (03:36)

Very fair comp, actually...

You wouldn't happen to (cough) own that comp, would you? Wink
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2016, 10:34:41 AM »

Brian did do a mimed TV appearance with the band for the song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxJfuml6ir8

While we're at it, here's the live Farm Aid version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95W5kGk8hU0

And finally, the embarrassing music video made for the song, which probably didn't help it become a hit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKqd_9Xx9IQ

That is sad to watch because Brian looks stiff and looks like he's just starring into space.. I see the "Landy-fied" version of Brian in the footage. Undecided

Yes the video isn't great but all those ladies are great!  LOL
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx