gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 03:19:29 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sloop John B in Forrest Gump  (Read 8136 times)
Generation42
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2015, 07:32:47 AM »

Great stuff!   Cool Guy

Thanks much for sharing, GV33.
Jay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2015, 08:19:34 AM »

Is it just me, or does it look like there's some kind of artificial coloring during Carl's interview? His face is oddly "shiny".

A son of anarchy surrounded by the hierarchy.
guitarfool2002
Global Moderator

"Barba non facit aliam historici"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2015, 09:08:08 AM »

Thank you for uploading the video. I wish there was more footage of just Carl playing guitar on his own.

BTW, any guitar buffs recognise the make/model of the guitar he's playing? I don't think that I've seen him play such a guitar before.

That is a Gibson Country Gentlemen, Gibson's version(s) of the Chet Atkins endorsed guitar that was originally made by Gretsch. Sometime in the 80's Gibson sparked up another endorsement deal and heavier marketing campaign with Chet Atkins featuring new designs and models which Chet was usually seen with on TV or on stage during this time, and this was Gibson's take on the iconic Gretsch model Chet's name was attached to in the 50's and 60's.

"All of us have the privilege of making music that helps and heals - to make music that makes people happier, stronger, and kinder. Don't forget: Music is God's voice." - Brian Wilson
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2015, 03:11:34 PM »

Thanks for the info, guitarfool2002.

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
Zander
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2016, 01:24:03 PM »

Can I just say thanks to the Uploader - I actually had this Forrest Gump CD-Rom 20 years ago (?) and it never worked from day 1 so I have never been able to see this clip until now!

Was just about to post in the Insignificant Questions thread but searched Forrest Gump instead Smiley

Awesome stuff...

They say I got brains but they ain't doing me no good, I wish they could...
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx