gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:41:47 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: My Alternate Beach Boys Albums!  (Read 13910 times)
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: March 07, 2016, 08:58:38 PM »

I invite whoever's reading this to check out my youtube channel, where I'm uploading all of my alternate version of every Beach Boys album. Featured are my own remixes, stereo remasters, alternate versions, etc, etc. I've got over 50 more alternate albums planned from where I am now, such as The Fading Rock Group Revival (also known as Reverberation), New Album, Lei'd in Hawaii, the original versions of Wild Honey and Holland, and even a fully instrumental version of SMiLE! Let me know what you all think, and thanks for checking it out!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYoC5QVm5MFa4rqEiTbhNYw

Do happy happy happy Mission Pak singing sound!

My blog, where I post my original Beach Boys mixes and whatnot:
http://www.jiggy22.blogspot.com
You Kane, You Commanded, You Conquered
Smiley Smile Associate

spoons rattling

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 09:22:52 PM »

I remember finding your Good Vibrations videos right around the same time you posted it on 4chan, or at least I think you did...

"Oh! Don't beat on those sticks!"
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 09:46:04 PM »

I remember finding your Good Vibrations videos right around the same time you posted it on 4chan, or at least I think you did...

Yup, that was me! Some parts of that website definitely aren't that pretty, but I like browsing the music subform sometimes to see if there are any threads about the BB's.

ppk700
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 10:02:30 AM »

Hey jiggy, I've been listening to your alternate Beach Boys albums quite a bit over the last week or so. Great stuff! Thanks for taking the time and effort to put them all out there. "Song of the Whale" is my favorite so far.
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 12:55:34 PM »

I invite whoever's reading this to check out my youtube channel, where I'm uploading all of my alternate version of every Beach Boys album. Featured are my own remixes, stereo remasters, alternate versions, etc, etc. I've got over 50 more alternate albums planned from where I am now, such as The Fading Rock Group Revival (also known as Reverberation), New Album, Lei'd in Hawaii, the original versions of Wild Honey and Holland, and even a fully instrumental version of SMiLE! Let me know what you all think, and thanks for checking it out!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYoC5QVm5MFa4rqEiTbhNYw

I've been listening to your alternate versions the past few weeks on YouTube----great stuff!
Nile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2016, 04:16:32 AM »

HEY, GREAT STUFF MAN!
I was wondering if you' re gonna do that alternate Smile sessions box set??
Cheers,
Niksa
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2016, 04:43:56 AM »

Hey Scott,

Your expanded version of So Tough has converted me. Thank you!

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 08:59:39 AM »

Thanks for all of the great comments! Working on the SMiLE box set right now, should have the first disc uploaded maybe tonight. I loosely based the track listing off of the Pet Sounds Sessions box set, with disc one containing the stereo and mono remasters, discs two & three containing recording sessions & backing tracks, disc four containing alternate versions and a cappella tracks, and disc five contains "odds & ends" tracks ("Can't Wait Too Long", my remaster of "My Little Red Book", etc.). I hope you all like it! I've also got my blog going up (jiggy22.blogspot.com) where I post my albums as well, there you can find mp3 and lossless FLAC downloads and whatnot. I'm looking forward to posting more for you all!

Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2016, 02:11:01 PM »

Thanks for all of the great comments! Working on the SMiLE box set right now, should have the first disc uploaded maybe tonight. I loosely based the track listing off of the Pet Sounds Sessions box set, with disc one containing the stereo and mono remasters, discs two & three containing recording sessions & backing tracks, disc four containing alternate versions and a cappella tracks, and disc five contains "odds & ends" tracks ("Can't Wait Too Long", my remaster of "My Little Red Book", etc.). I hope you all like it! I've also got my blog going up (jiggy22.blogspot.com) where I post my albums as well, there you can find mp3 and lossless FLAC downloads and whatnot. I'm looking forward to posting more for you all!

Currently listening to this---great stuff (stepping away from TBB)!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLIOiE2gepg
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2016, 07:28:37 AM »

Also listening. A wonderful job! Can't wait for Discs 4 and 5 of the Smile Era.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2016, 04:16:43 AM »

Third listener to First Love here. I'm amazed! Shame it never made it. Great job there, Scott.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
Joel Goldenberg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2016, 07:46:08 AM »

I see Smile Era Disc 4 is up, thanks!
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2016, 02:47:36 PM »

Lovin' the Bambu one, Scott!  Cool Guy
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 02:49:08 PM by Cool Cool Water » Logged
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2016, 02:47:49 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVE_L_t7Tq8
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2016, 07:14:15 PM »

Thank you so much everyone! I'm actually kinda surprised to see First Love getting so much positive reception! Pretty good album, I'll definitely agree with that. The next thing I'll be posting is the full Spring album by American Spring, featuring all available bonus tracks.

Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2016, 02:21:59 PM »

Enjoyed the Landlocked 'alt mix, Scott!  3D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-Or-3jzCaI
Bardley
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2016, 08:57:25 AM »

Great stuff, man! I look forward to each of your uploads; So much great music I have never heard before or heard arranged in such a great way. Break Away and So Tough are wonderful mixes.
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2016, 01:31:36 PM »

Thank you very much! Currently working on a version of Dumb Angel, a pre-January 1967 version of SMiLE. And so, nothing recorded in 1967 will appear on the album. I've kinda run into a problem though. Apparently there was a session on April 10th, 1967 for Child is Father of the Man. Anybody know exactly what was added during that session? Gotta figure that out to determine whether to use the first or second version of the track. Also holding off on the video until the new mix of Good Vibrations with the partial vocals pops up online!

Nile
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2016, 01:45:32 AM »

Thank you very much! Currently working on a version of Dumb Angel, a pre-January 1967 version of SMiLE. And so, nothing recorded in 1967 will appear on the album. I've kinda run into a problem though. Apparently there was a session on April 10th, 1967 for Child is Father of the Man. Anybody know exactly what was added during that session? Gotta figure that out to determine whether to use the first or second version of the track. Also holding off on the video until the new mix of Good Vibrations with the partial vocals pops up online!

In April's session for CIFOTM they recorded short piano piece that they use as an intro for CIFOTM in Smile Sessions album version.
GV popped up!
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2016, 04:59:36 PM »

I just posted this in the thread on the General Discussions subforum, but I figured I'd post it once again in my official forum in the media section. Unfortunately, due to copyright strikes, I had to delete all of my alternate albums today to protect my channel from termination. This was a painfully necessary decision for me to make, as I have spent the last six months putting my absolute heart into all of these videos to share with everyone. First Tim K was taken down, now I have to do the same. I'm now starting to fear for jacksdeos! Fortunately, my blog (jiggy22.blogspot.com) will still remain up for me to share my mixes with you all. You know, it's pretty curious. All of the Beach Boys videos taken down featured material that has not been officially available at all, such as Sweet Insanity, Adult/Child, and all that stuff. Maybe an upcoming Beach Boys rarities boxset is in the works? The fact that people working for Brother Records noticed my stuff is also pretty cool once I think about it. But overall, I'd really like to thank each and every one of you for the continued support you all gave me to continue on with my alternate album series, you don't know how much it means to me! It was an extremely tough thing for me to do, but the past six months for me have been an absolute blast. So, I'd just really love to say thank you to you all.

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2016, 02:28:24 AM »

Oh man. Just when YouTube was becoming a fun place to be! Luckily your mixes are still available to us. (I have your blog bookmarked.)

Might there be an ulterior motive for this savage act? We'll see. Meanwhile thank you, Scott, for some fabulous listening experiences! 

jackjachman
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2016, 10:51:14 PM »

I just posted this in the thread on the General Discussions subforum, but I figured I'd post it once again in my official forum in the media section. Unfortunately, due to copyright strikes, I had to delete all of my alternate albums today to protect my channel from termination. This was a painfully necessary decision for me to make, as I have spent the last six months putting my absolute heart into all of these videos to share with everyone. First Tim K was taken down, now I have to do the same. I'm now starting to fear for jacksdeos! Fortunately, my blog (jiggy22.blogspot.com) will still remain up for me to share my mixes with you all. You know, it's pretty curious. All of the Beach Boys videos taken down featured material that has not been officially available at all, such as Sweet Insanity, Adult/Child, and all that stuff. Maybe an upcoming Beach Boys rarities boxset is in the works? The fact that people working for Brother Records noticed my stuff is also pretty cool once I think about it. But overall, I'd really like to thank each and every one of you for the continued support you all gave me to continue on with my alternate album series, you don't know how much it means to me! It was an extremely tough thing for me to do, but the past six months for me have been an absolute blast. So, I'd just really love to say thank you to you all.

MASSIVE bummer to hear the same has happened to you. My channel was completely wiped, it was merciless. Your work was that of total dedication to covering their ENTIRE discography. which sounded implausible to me before you did it. Was for sure the impetus that got me going on my own series, which like you said, was fun as hell.

I definitely refrained from posting here right away as to avoid posting an emotional gut reaction, but I still do feel comfortable using the term "f*ckers" when it comes to the powers that be that decided to remove all of our content that clearly had an audience. I intend to give a harsh, but fair rebuttal to the Brother Records email account Youtube gives you as a contact for the copyright owner. I may also include a picture of my butt with it, have not decided.
jiggy22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2016, 06:53:34 AM »

MASSIVE bummer to hear the same has happened to you. My channel was completely wiped, it was merciless. Your work was that of total dedication to covering their ENTIRE discography. which sounded implausible to me before you did it. Was for sure the impetus that got me going on my own series, which like you said, was fun as hell.

I definitely refrained from posting here right away as to avoid posting an emotional gut reaction, but I still do feel comfortable using the term "f*ckers" when it comes to the powers that be that decided to remove all of our content that clearly had an audience. I intend to give a harsh, but fair rebuttal to the Brother Records email account Youtube gives you as a contact for the copyright owner. I may also include a picture of my butt with it, have not decided.

sh*t! I'm really sorry about your channel, you had some really interesting stuff (I especially loved the looped "Do it Again" intro). I'm sure you saw that I was starting to worry that your channel would be next. Unfortunately I was right! I think the only major Beach Boys rarities channel left is videojpp, he has many rare tracks in fantastic HQ remixes. Another one of my favorite Beatles remixers, GetBackEtso, was also recently terminated. It's really damn unfortunate that not only material that we put a lot of effort into is taken down, but that there's practically nothing that anyone can do about it. Maybe you should think about starting a blog as well, as far as I know, they can't take those down unless they're really upset about it, then they'll send you a Cease & Desist letter. That's pretty unlikely though IMO. I do know that this one guy who did a cool Pet Sounds/Sgt. Pepper's remix was given a C&D letter by Brother Records and Capitol, that must really suck! I don't think sending them a picture of your ass would make things any better haha, it might even just make things worse! Although I'm pretty damn upset about my youtube channel, I try to find the good things in it. I find it pretty cool that Brother Records actually listened to and reviewed what I was posting, the copyright strikes though, yeah, not as cool. But I digress, if you want to hear anything I got, don't hesitate to send me a PM! Sorry again about your channel!

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2016, 07:17:41 AM »

You said it, Scott. Sh*t! Three of the finest channels around, decimated----what a bunch of effin' killjoys... Thud 

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx