gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:07:07 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: THE BEACH BOYS ALBUM COVERS project... (Just a thought...)  (Read 4149 times)
Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

It's all about 'harmony' ...

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2016, 02:44:47 AM »

Feb 22 2016
UPDATE

I’m pleased to post the links of the REVISED & UPDATED VERSIONS of my recent BEACH BOYS ALBUM COVERS PROJECT ("Back Through The Opera Glass") – available as a series of FREE PDF downloads. To download them please click either on the links below or go to www.facebook.com/beachboysalbumsleeves and ‘like’ the page !
I know it was only a few weeks since the first versions appeared but I’ve had such a great response and positive feedback from the readers who have downloaded the PDFs that I’ve had a few noteworthy additions sent my way that I wanted to get out there ASAP. Thanks to those who have helped...

PART ONE: https://www.sendspace.com/file/z0g5yn

PART TWO: https://www.sendspace.com/file/0t2714

PART THREE: https://www.sendspace.com/file/i8f3vp

NEW IMAGES, PHOTOGRAPHS & GRAPHICS
Including additions to Little Deuce Coupe, Shut Down Vol.2, 20/20, Beach Boys ’69 amongst others…

UPDATED INFO
on Pet Sounds, Sunflower, 20 Golden Greats…

PLUS A NUMBER OF TEXT & CREDIT REVISIONS (and, I must confess, a few corrections and typos…)

So if you enjoyed the first versions may I suggest you delete those off your PC/Mac/system now and download the new editions – completey FREE !
As always feedback welcomed…

PS – I know a few of you encountered issues downloading from Sendspace, the first time around, so I’m looking at a new provider but for now, if you get a warning come up, try using an alternate browser to access them. The files are genuinely safe to download !
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 11:48:04 PM by Malc » Logged

www.facebook.com/beachboysalbumsleeves - a cool place to visit !
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2016, 03:21:39 AM »

Thanks, Malc!

Just pulled 'em in, took about 2 minutes per file.  Downhill, that is - cheers - A

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 11:39:36 PM »

Just throwing this out there, as the reception for the work has been 100% positive so far, but how many of you would be interested in a limited edition, numbered hardback version of this ? Just toying with the idea of a pressing a few private copies (certainly won't be available as a general retail item) and was curious as to the overall reception of the idea.
Needless to say, a full color 470-page hardback binding, with shipping to wherever from the UK (at that size/weight) would not make it cheap !! And I fully understand if you're saving you're hard-earned cash for Rocky's tales instead...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 11:43:58 PM by Malc » Logged

Smilin Ed H
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2016, 01:01:18 AM »

Give me some idea of the price and I may be interested...
Does it have to be hardback?
Have you mentioned this on Brian's board?
rasmus skotte
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2016, 02:31:54 AM »

Speaking of album covers projects: (just being curious and impatient!). Is anyone over here actually working on a new Sgt. Pepper-inspired cover, DEDICATED to SIR GEORGE MARTIN (as detailed over there on the crazee 'BEACHB-oysters'-thread?

Comics/cartooniés
(Fun Fun FUNniés)/Graphic NOVELties
Manga/animé
Bande dessinée
Tegneserié
metal flake paint
Smiley Smile Associate

This harmony kick

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2016, 03:03:55 AM »

Malc, such an item I would buy without hesitation!

"Quit screaming and start singing from your hearts, huh?" Murry Wilson, March 1965.
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2016, 10:00:53 AM »

Just throwing this out there, as the reception for the work has been 100% positive so far, but how many of you would be interested in a limited edition, numbered hardback version of this ? Just toying with the idea of a pressing a few private copies (certainly won't be available as a general retail item) and was curious as to the overall reception of the idea.
Needless to say, a full color 470-page hardback binding, with shipping to wherever from the UK (at that size/weight) would not make it cheap !! ...

Absolutely!
smile-holland
Smiley Smile Associate

The dream of Amsterdamee...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2016, 02:04:33 PM »

Needless to say, a full color 470-page hardback binding, with shipping to wherever from the UK (at that size/weight) would not make it cheap !! And I fully understand if you're saving you're hard-earned cash for Rocky's tales instead...

Definitely interested. I'm curious what the costs would be.

Rule of thumb, think BEFORE you post. And THINK how it may affect someone else's feelings.

Check out the Beach Boys Starline website, the place for pictures of many countries Beach Boys releases on 45.

Listening to you I get the music; Gazing at you I get the heat; Following you I climb the mountain; I get excitement at your feet
Right behind you I see the millions; On you I see the glory; From you I get opinions; From you I get the story
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 02:32:17 PM »

Malc, have you thought about a luxury three-volume perfect-bound magazine format?  Along the lines of the recent Uncut special maybe?

Don't worry, I'd love a hardback version; just that from a pragmatic point of view I find the soft back easier to handle and read, especially in bed at night, which is where and when I do most of my reading (when I nod off and drop the reading matter, the magazines leave less bruising!).

Pricing of a mag format might also make it more affordable/available to more people here.

“We live in divisive times.”
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2016, 02:45:45 PM »

Definitely interested in a printed version. It can be either hard or paperback.
Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2016, 03:23:24 PM »

Hmmm... food for thought methinks. I shall look into hardback and softcover options, single and triple edition pressings. Keep the suggestions coming !
Thanks...

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2016, 03:35:01 PM »

I'd be interested in a copy, but to go against the grain, a hard cover version. If you want to read the thing get the download IMO.

I hate to think of the price though.

Thanks Malc for the download as well. Really great stuff!
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2016, 05:03:54 PM »

I'd be interested in a copy, but to go against the grain, a hard cover version. If you want to read the thing get the download IMO.

I hate to think of the price though.

Thanks Malc for the download as well. Really great stuff!

Heh, it might be an age thing… I'm of a generation that finds it easier to read printed product!

“We live in divisive times.”
catlag
Smiley Smile Associate

It's a genuine fact that the Beach Boys rule.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2016, 05:34:26 PM »

I'm definately interested in a printed copy!

Le moineau est venu se poser à ma fenêtre.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx