gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:09:49 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Awesome New Mike Love Article!!  (Read 185411 times)
halblaineisgood
« Reply #1050 on: March 11, 2016, 02:05:41 PM »

I stopped paying attention many pages ago. Forgive me, for this may have been covered.
Buthow specifically is mike love comparable to johnny johnson? Did Johnny Johnson write lyrics?
I haveread elsewhere online that there was a similar trial analogous to the bri vs mike one with johnny b goode vs chuck wth them on the stand playing songs and such. Anyone got those transcripts?

« Last Edit: March 11, 2016, 02:07:03 PM by Golden Raisins » Logged
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: March 11, 2016, 04:23:14 PM »

I stopped paying attention many pages ago. Forgive me, for this may have been covered.
Buthow specifically is mike love comparable to johnny johnson? Did Johnny Johnson write lyrics?
I haveread elsewhere online that there was a similar trial analogous to the bri vs mike one with johnny b goode vs chuck wth them on the stand playing songs and such. Anyone got those transcripts?

No, Johnny Johnson came up with much of the music, not the lyrics.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
halblaineisgood
« Reply #1052 on: March 11, 2016, 07:43:19 PM »

So his lawsuit was just as I imagined and completely without merit.Uh,the words were pretty important. 

AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: March 12, 2016, 03:02:57 AM »

So his lawsuit was just as I imagined and completely without merit.Uh,the words were pretty important. 

No, the lawsuit was not without merit at all -- he lost just because of the length of time between the songwriting and the court case. Just as with Mike's case, he never claimed to have written *everything*, just to have been a co-writer. In Johnson's case he wrote music and someone else wrote the lyrics. In Mike's case he wrote lyrics and someone else wrote the music. Since *both* words and music are "pretty important" to a song, both were unfairly denied credit.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
gfx
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 [43] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx