gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680810 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 24, 2024, 10:55:04 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Keith Urban's Favorite Love Song  (Read 1657 times)
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« on: February 19, 2016, 03:55:08 AM »

American Proflle, a weekly insert in many national U.S. newspapers, just ran a little piece in their Community Table section, in which three celebrities (Savannah Guthrie of the Today Show, singer Keith Urban, and actor Kevin Spacey) name their favorite love song. Guthrie's was "Baby, I Love Your Way" by Peter Frampton, Spacey's was "In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning" by Frank Sinatra, and Urban's was "God Only Knows" by The Beach Boys.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 04:03:25 AM »

Well, Urban and Spacey have taste, anyhow.
bb4ever
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 05:15:05 AM »

It amazes me how much the Beach Boys are such a part of our culture even in 2016.  Still to this day,  their songs are heard all over TV, movies, and referenced by folks quite frequently .  Makes me proud of them and for them.  I'm thrilled to be part of the generation who discovered them -- recognizing their exquisite music and harmonies -- and still to this day appreciates their contributions.

Who would have thought that a literal garage band with no formal training would have such an impact on the world of music.

HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 07:35:54 AM »

Well, Urban and Spacey have taste, anyhow.

"Baby I Love Your Way" isn't one of my favorites, but Frampton is an excellent songwriter and guitarist. He did Clapton better than Clapton when I saw him play with Jack Bruce in Ringo's band in 1997.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 12:32:29 AM »

Baby I love your Way is a great song in my humble (i'm oh, so humble) opinion.  I don't see why people wouldn't like it, the melody is fan-tastic.  Mozart level melody line in my opinion.  If it was originally written as a piano piece or for a string quartet it would be legendary.  That's how I judge a lot of music, how does it sound instrumentally with that vocal melody?

I agree with bb4ever, the impact a band like the Beach Boys has had on the world cannot be understood by your average human being, I don't think Brian in particular will ever understand just how much he's touched the world with his wonderful music.  How many people have been married to "God only Knows", or how many times have you sat around, heard that, and a smile came over your face?  How many people around the world have done that?  Millions?  Tens of Millions?  HUNDREDS of Millions?  It's incomprehensible.  If there's a heaven, I hope one day Brian makes it there and the veil is lifted allowing him to see exactly all the little ways he touched the world with something as inconsequential as a beautiful song he wrote. 

bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 06:15:49 PM »

would be great to hear Keith do a little bit of it somewhere. An acoustic version.
That guy can sing and play anything on guitar.
He is a wizard.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx