gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:31:04 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Kanye West - The Life of Pablo  (Read 2130 times)
Ninten
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2016, 05:24:50 PM »

I'm sure many people here aren't too fond of Kanye, but it's interesting to note what's going on with his latest album. For those who don't know, he was constantly altering and updating the tracklist on Twitter before the album's release. Many fans were disappointed with the final product and thought the sequencing to be a little off. So what happens? Everybody starts rearranging the tracks, sometimes even removing whole songs or parts of songs to make the album flow better. Some of them even added in a couple of singles that didn't end up making the album. Recently some early/alternate versions of tracks leaked, and now people are making their definitive versions of individual songs as well. Oh, and I forgot to mention that the album was originally, according to Kanye, meant to be divided into 3 acts. The fans have interpreted each of those acts as having their own unique theme, and are arranging the tracks to better fulfill that vision of the album. Sound familiar?
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 08:43:01 PM »

I'm not suuuuper familiar with Kanye, although I actually enjoy Yeezus and Graduation quite a bit. I just wanted to appreciate the similarity you pointed out to Smile.

Where are you finding these rearrangements/unreleased tracks? Perhaps one of these nights when I'm not studying for physics I'll take a gander at those.

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 04:55:53 PM »

Ninten, I agree that it has been an interesting release (if you'd call it a release). I've never been a Kanye fan, myself, though I give every album a shot or two. But he certainly has a large audience curious what he's doing, and what he's doing with the reshuffling is at the very least keeping/gaining attention.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2016, 10:12:27 AM »

Pretty great album, been listening to it a lot since it was released. First couple of listens were rather underwhelming, but something made me keep coming back and it eventually  grew on me. Interesting for sure, as is everything the man's done - he's never boring.
Ninten
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2016, 01:45:32 PM »

I'm not suuuuper familiar with Kanye, although I actually enjoy Yeezus and Graduation quite a bit. I just wanted to appreciate the similarity you pointed out to Smile.

Where are you finding these rearrangements/unreleased tracks? Perhaps one of these nights when I'm not studying for physics I'll take a gander at those.

The unreleased/alternate tracks leaked gradually over the last week or so. They're not available by any legitimate means, of course. You could probably still find them if you looked hard enough.
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2016, 09:04:57 PM »

well... guess what I'm listening to now.

"We are pushed to the wall as the heap fills the room to its limits. The window breaks. The house bursts. A heartbreakingly fine Scotch plaid passes before our eyes. Pinstripes carry us into Manhasset Bay."
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2016, 09:36:29 PM »

is it the eagles
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 09:40:51 PM by Bubs » Logged
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2016, 09:51:19 PM »

is it the eagles
yes! hotel cali is their best song!!1!

But really, this is... interesting? I think I like Yeezus better but I'm overall not that familiar with Kanye.

Smilin Ed H
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2016, 09:50:56 AM »

Is there much autotune?
undercover-m
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2016, 11:19:09 AM »

Is there much autotune?
There was one track that sounded more like old Kanye (i.e. the autotune in "Heartless"). I think it was Highlights?

"No More Parties in L.A." and "Facts" stuck out to me. Some of the tracks are weird spoken-word interludes. I didn't hate any of the songs on it, though.

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx