gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680713 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 16, 2024, 04:19:38 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mod Hippie "Shimmering Sound" feat. Probyn Gregory on tannerin  (Read 2858 times)
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: February 12, 2016, 09:42:09 PM »

Mod Hippie, which is a band I produced and released on my label, Karma Frog, just uploaded their 8-minute pop psych epic "Shimmering Sound."  It's one of the coolest productions to ever come out of my studio, and it features some very cool background vocals from yours truly and Teresa "not Carol Kaye" Cowles, plus Probyn Gregory on the tannerin!

The songs is on the album Tomorrow Then, which has gotten play on over 40 stations domestically plus spins on the Underground Garage channel.  It's on sale at www.karmafrog.com plus the usual online outlets.

Check it out if you're of a mind!

https://soundcloud.com/doug-mcguire/10-shimmering-sound
jakeg1235
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 07:01:10 PM »

wow this sounds great, very much reminds me of some live jam based on Good Vibrations-era BBs! The vocals and instrumentation sound really good as well!

JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 02:26:34 AM »

"Wow" was my first thought as well. What a feast of instrumental and vocal colour. Kudos to all concerned!

The album gets an excellent review at RUST Magazine:

http://rust-magazine.com/check-out-mod-hippie-tomorrow-then/

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx