gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 11:11:15 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Rolling Stone Article  (Read 21679 times)
Tim Wilford
Smiley Smile Newbie

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2016, 11:21:35 AM »

It appears the new Rolling Stone will have an article titled "A Beach Boy looks back in anger"  I have only seen the new cover with Chris Martin of Coldplay and you can see this article listed on the cover.  I have not found any detail or links to the article.   
Has anyone else found any information?  Likely an article about Mike Love's book?
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2016, 12:36:55 PM »

Oh dear....

http://subscribe.com-sub.info/Rolling-Stone/Welcome#covers
wilsonart1
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2016, 12:39:33 PM »

Oh! For the love.
KDS
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2016, 12:46:36 PM »

The Beach Boys and Black Sabbath articles in Rolling Stone?   

How did the hipsters over there let that happen? 
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2016, 12:47:43 PM »

Here we go again. Roll Eyes

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
southbay
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2016, 12:53:00 PM »

Feb 25 issue.

Summer's gone...it's finally sinking in
kwebb
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2016, 01:03:02 PM »

Hipsters practically worship the Beach Boys, and Rolling Stone is about as mainstream as you can get.
KDS
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2016, 01:11:23 PM »

Hipsters practically worship the Beach Boys, and Rolling Stone is about as mainstream as you can get.

Well at least the hipsters are right about the Beach Boys.......and some craft beer. 
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2016, 01:14:14 PM »

LOL

And production aside, I’d so much rather hear a 14 year old David Marks shred some guitar on Chug-a-lug than hear a 51 year old Mike Love sing about bangin some chick in a swimming pool.-rab2591
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2016, 01:23:43 PM »

myKe luHv angry?HuhHuhHuhHuh About what? Hey myKe, guess your good old TM isn't as good as you profess, huh? Well, well, well, just another lie from the luHvster. Tell me, how in the hell can this ungrateful clown be anything but so damn glad he was Brian's first cousin?? Check out your portfolio and bank balance sometime you ingrate.  

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
SMiLE Brian
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2016, 01:27:59 PM »

Exactly, for a man who has everything (loving family, money, touring unit, and much more) Mike Love is one miserable guy. Old age hasn't mellowed his anger at all.

18thofMay
Smiley Smile Associate

Goin to the beach

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2016, 02:37:16 PM »

Lets hypothesis how this article could be positive...

I will start..
RS- Why are you angry?
Mike- I am just angry with myself, I probably should have given Brian more freedom at times, I guess. Look I love TM and I am Mr Positivity, but sometimes I was a real fucking prick to Cousin Bri.

It’s like he hired a fashion consultant and told her to make him look “punchable.”
Some Guy, 2012
"Donald Trump makes Mike Love look like an asshole"
Me ,2015.
joe_blow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2016, 03:24:42 PM »

I have a feeling Mike may finally let us know who came up with the lyrics to Good Vibrations and California Girls.
He may even give some insight into the inspiration for Back in The USSR. That will be great to hear, but I still want to hear Bill Jackson's side of the events that led to Do It Again.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2016, 03:55:31 PM »

This is defo Mike in the feature? Where does it say that?

Not Brian moaning about C50 ending, Al lamenting the loss of his pony tail or Bruce venting about Rendezvous not being a bigger hit?  Maybe Dave's vexed about the ingredients of Cheetos.

Or is the Mike link more than assumption?

“We live in divisive times.”
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2016, 04:00:14 PM »

I'd guess if it was about Brian, they'd have probably put his name in the cover blurb.

If I had to bet on it, I'd guess probably Mike with maybe a slim chance of it being Al (if this issue was from ten years ago, I'd say it was a stronger possibility of being Al).

If this article is as insightful and has the sort of access that Jason Fine's 2012 reunion article did, it could be a really good article.

I'm curious if it's at all possible that this is a reiteration of the recent "Record Collector" piece on Mike, and/or a repurposing of the Mike interview done for that article.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2016, 04:26:54 PM »

I'm curious if it's at all possible that this is a reiteration of the recent "Record Collector" piece on Mike, and/or a repurposing of the Mike interview done for that article.

Good call, I bet that's it - though I'd be surprised if RC has scooped RS!

“We live in divisive times.”
beacharg
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2016, 04:32:56 PM »

Rolling Stone... the "music" magazine than when one of the greatest band ever reunited with new album and world tour... opted for Charlie Sheen and his rehab on the cover...
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2016, 04:37:51 PM »

Because it says "A Beach Boy Looks Back..." I would think it is Mike Love because he IS a Beach Boy. Brian Wilson isn't a Beach Boy and neither is Al Jardine. I'd be surprised if Bruce would be the one looking back...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 04:46:36 PM by Sheriff John Stone » Logged
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2016, 04:45:54 PM »

It's the ghosts of Dennis and Carl...they had a séance and they are pissed.. LOL
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2016, 04:48:40 PM »

Rolling Stone... the "music" magazine than when one of the greatest band ever reunited with new album and world tour... opted for Charlie Sheen and his rehab on the cover...

Rolling Stone doesn't consider itself a music magazine; perhaps others ought not, either. Maybe it did once (though I'd say not exclusively), but its website homepage title text is pretty clear: Rolling Stone - Music, Movies, TV, Politics, Country, and Culture. It could be abbreviated to Rolling Stone: American Mainstream Culture. That's what it has been my entire adult life, anyway.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2016, 05:05:33 PM »

Sounds like a play off his album, "Looking Back with Love". Mr. Positivity is back in action.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
bb4ever
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2016, 05:16:53 PM »

Could it be an article on David Marks?  Angry at himself for quitting the band?
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2016, 05:31:59 PM »

It's Jimmy Nichols....no wait that's the Beatles...
Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2016, 05:43:00 PM »

Because it says "A Beach Boy Looks Back..." I would think it is Mike Love because he IS a Beach Boy. Brian Wilson isn't a Beach Boy and neither is Al Jardine. I'd be surprised if Bruce would be the one looking back...

As per usual, SJS stirring the pot for Mike.  But I'm less interested in his transparent motives than I am in the accuracy of his statement.  It has been my understanding that Mike's exclusive use of the Beach Boys name is for touring purposes only and that, legally, Brian is as much a Beach Boy as Mike in every other regard: royalties, recording, etc.  If this is the case then to say Mike is a Beach Boy and Brian is not is factually incorrect.

Can anyone who knows clarify?  Andrew?

EoL

The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2016, 05:47:31 PM »

And just to set SJS straight, the article IS about myKe luHv.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx