gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680770 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 09:09:46 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fuller House  (Read 25133 times)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2016, 12:56:26 PM »

Maybe Mike wants to be on Fuller House, but Fuller House's handlers won't let it happen on his terms.  
Ha.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  

Maybe Mike wants Full House (and Fuller House) creator Jeff Franklin alone in a room to co-write the episode without any interference.  Grin After all, it seems Mike's in a real writing mood.

I'm sure Jeff Franklin would welcome this. 

But, Mike is always bringing up Jodie Sweeten's drug abuse in the past.  And about how he never got credit for writing the famous "Let's order a vegetarian pizza" line from the 1988 episode. 

LOL
tpesky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 07, 2016, 01:45:26 PM »

I believe there is nothing wrong with them appearing as Mike Love and Bruce Johnston of the Beach Boys
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 07, 2016, 10:13:47 PM »

IIRC, there was a Full House episode where Mike and Bruce guested and sang a couple songs with Uncle Jesse.
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 07, 2016, 10:45:49 PM »

they did.  they were in the basement, where they sang 'forever'.  Then they joked about Elvis doing a surfin song.
Stamos then puts on the Elvis voice and says 'if everybody had an ocean, across the USA'.
Mike breaks into their acoustic version of 'Surfin USA'.
I watched that over and over on VHS.
KDS
« Reply #79 on: March 08, 2016, 07:03:54 AM »

they did.  they were in the basement, where they sang 'forever'.  Then they joked about Elvis doing a surfin song.
Stamos then puts on the Elvis voice and says 'if everybody had an ocean, across the USA'.

I think that's the one where Mike, somewhat creepily, brushes DJ's hair during the "bushy bushy blonde hairdo" line. 
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 08, 2016, 11:30:03 PM »

I think that's the one where Mike, somewhat creepily, brushes DJ's hair during the "bushy bushy blonde hairdo" line. 
I don't remember the scene all that well, but I doubt it was creepy. I think our culture has gotten a bit oversensitive about any fun, affectionate moment like that from an adult to a child. If Mike was eyeballing any female on that show, it would have been Rebecca.
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 08, 2016, 11:52:55 PM »

I don't remember it as creepy, he touched her long hair to emphasise the 'bushy blonde hair' for a couple of seconds.
but in this day and age, who knows? why not throw a law suit out there and find out  Roll Eyes
KDS
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2016, 05:16:43 AM »

I don't remember it as creepy, he touched her long hair to emphasise the 'bushy blonde hair' for a couple of seconds.
but in this day and age, who knows? why not throw a law suit out there and find out  Roll Eyes

Maybe I'm mis-remembering it.  I haven't seen that particular episode in many many years. 
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: March 09, 2016, 07:43:37 AM »

As far as the legalities of billing a potential Mike appearance on this "show", he and/or Bruce could certainly say they're "of the Beach Boys." The only case I've heard where someone couldn't say that was a period of time in the early 2000s when there were temporary injunctions preventing Al from using that sort of verbiage, and eventually that ridiculously unfair injunction was lifted, by 2005 if not earlier.

But keep in mind that Mike's touring band does numerous TV appearances as simply "The Beach Boys", so if Mike actually performed live on the show (with or without some iteration of the touring band), he could probably simply call it "The Beach Boys."

The entire oeuvre of Beach Boys-related appearance on the show haven't exactly been examples of great acting or high art, nor of accuracy (Wait, Bruce Johnston is in control of granting rights for "Uncle Jesse" to record "Forever?" Number one, Bruce doesn't control the publishing, and number two, ANYBODY can cover the song as it has already been published).

The moment I saw the five hundred awkward callbacks to the old show contained solely in the pilot to "Fuller House", including a crapped out lip-synched performance of "Forever" 15 minutes into the first episode, I knew the only thing good thing that would come out of it would be that maybe Mike Love would finally find something he wants to do (appearing on "Fuller House") that he can harp on instead of "getting Brian alone in a room" to write.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 09, 2016, 09:04:26 PM »

As far as the legalities of billing a potential Mike appearance on this "show", he and/or Bruce could certainly say they're "of the Beach Boys." The only case I've heard where someone couldn't say that was a period of time in the early 2000s when there were temporary injunctions preventing Al from using that sort of verbiage, and eventually that ridiculously unfair injunction was lifted, by 2005 if not earlier.

But keep in mind that Mike's touring band does numerous TV appearances as simply "The Beach Boys", so if Mike actually performed live on the show (with or without some iteration of the touring band), he could probably simply call it "The Beach Boys."

The entire oeuvre of Beach Boys-related appearance on the show haven't exactly been examples of great acting or high art, nor of accuracy (Wait, Bruce Johnston is in control of granting rights for "Uncle Jesse" to record "Forever?" Number one, Bruce doesn't control the publishing, and number two, ANYBODY can cover the song as it has already been published).

The moment I saw the five hundred awkward callbacks to the old show contained solely in the pilot to "Fuller House", including a crapped out lip-synched performance of "Forever" 15 minutes into the first episode, I knew the only thing good thing that would come out of it would be that maybe Mike Love would finally find something he wants to do (appearing on "Fuller House") that he can harp on instead of "getting Brian alone in a room" to write.
Oh, but I think the guys are missing a golden opportunity - as they did with Baywatch years ago, Brian and Mike could write a theme song for the new show.
KDS
« Reply #85 on: March 10, 2016, 05:14:38 AM »

I'd be willing to bet, should scheduling along it, that Mike and / or Bruce show up at some point.

For a show that's very reliant on callbacks and nostalgia, it would only make sense to do a big callback to one of their most memorable episodes.
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #86 on: March 10, 2016, 05:17:03 AM »

I hear Bob Dylan's penciled in to appear...
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2016, 02:09:05 PM »

I hear Bob Dylan's penciled in to appear...
Maybe he can teach them the Wilbury Twist.
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 10, 2016, 02:12:18 PM »

an appearance by Mike & Bruce wouldn't do any harm to the 'Beach Boys' name in regards to the newer younger generation.
Us oldies have our reasons against it, but in terms of keeping the name and the music out there, it would be a good thing.
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2016, 05:07:44 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dor96YnM_qo
let's not forget that Stamos has kept 'forever' alive with this
KDS
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2016, 08:48:44 PM »

Yeah, as cheesy as Full House was, it did help introduce a new generation to The Beach Boys. 
“Big Daddy”
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 12, 2016, 09:01:56 PM »

Looks like we might be getting a Mike and Bruce cameo next season!

(Lloyd corrects “signing” to “singing” in the comment section)

For those who believe that Brian walks on water, I will always be the Antichrist.
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 12, 2016, 10:39:14 PM »

I'd be willing to bet, should scheduling along it, that Mike and / or Bruce show up at some point.

For a show that's very reliant on callbacks and nostalgia, it would only make sense to do a big callback to one of their most memorable episodes.

My prediction is that "Fuller House" doesn't last long enough to have Mike & Bruce or anybody else guest star on it.  Seriously, it's truly horrific!
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 12, 2016, 11:03:57 PM »

My prediction is that "Fuller House" doesn't last long enough to have Mike & Bruce or anybody else guest star on it.  Seriously, it's truly horrific!
Yes, I tried watching a few clips posted on youtube, and it was awful. For someone expecting the warm and fuzzy feeling of the original show, it was quite a rude jolt. Lots of crude humour, and mostly, just plain unfunny.
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2016, 04:51:21 AM »

Believe it or not, it appears to have been a big hit:

https://theringer.com/netflix-fuller-house-ratings-a325e1cab531#.rjebc7t6b
The_Beach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2016, 05:37:58 AM »

Awsome news! I hope Mike And Bruce are on next season! Great show and will be much better seeing The Beach BOys on it again!
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2016, 12:32:00 PM »

Awsome news! I hope Mike And Bruce are on next season! Great show and will be much better seeing The Beach BOys on it again!
But Mike and Bruce ARE the Beach Boys. Maybe they can plug their new single, Barbara Ann's Goin' to Kokomo b/w Caroline, Yes.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 13, 2016, 12:45:29 PM »

But Mike and Bruce ARE the Beach Boys. Maybe they can plug their new single, Barbara Ann's Goin' to Kokomo b/w Caroline, Yes.

Don't forget Til I Live (the Mr. Positivity super, ultra, extra mega-positive lyric version)!

Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2016, 06:29:40 PM »

Don't forget Til I Live (the Mr. Positivity super, ultra, extra mega-positive lyric version)!

I'm cork in a bottle of wine,
doncha know I'm feelin' fine...
The_Beach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 14, 2016, 10:04:13 AM »

Thats what i said "Great show and will be much better seeing The Beach Boys on it again!"
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx