gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680755 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 10:56:59 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fuller House  (Read 25111 times)
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 29, 2016, 12:50:02 PM »

Whoa Baby, Stephanie Tanner......Have Merrrrcy
Did she have some kind of ...uh... enhancement?
KDS
« Reply #26 on: February 29, 2016, 12:52:54 PM »

Either that or the rest of her shrunk. 
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 29, 2016, 05:47:02 PM »

I'll just chime in and mention how weird it is for me to hear the word "nostalgia" mentioned in tandem with the 1990's (which to me only seems like a couple of years ago). I was in my 20's when the original Full House was on and never had cause to watch it (which is why the whole "Beach Boys-on-Full-House-Oh-the-horror!" mentality never meant anything to me).

I did, however, watch "Charles In Charge"...mainly for Nicole Eggert, but that's a subject destined for the sandbox.
Doo Dah
Smiley Smile Associate

One man's troll is another man's freedom fighter.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 29, 2016, 06:08:48 PM »

And then there's the predecessor - You Again, starring Jack Klugman. Searched for the clip in our archives, but to no avail. Here it is, from October 16, 1986.

Go to 2:55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCHPlAwBVZE

AGD is gone.
AGD is gone.
Heigh ho the derry-o
AGD is gone
GhostyTMRS
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 29, 2016, 06:27:03 PM »

And then there's the predecessor - You Again, starring Jack Klugman. Searched for the clip in our archives, but to no avail. Here it is, from October 16, 1986.

lol I actually remember this show more than I do Full House, but don't recall The Beach Boys being on it. Thanks.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 29, 2016, 07:03:10 PM »

I've seen several discussions of when Brian's voice changed, but when did Mike's? 1986 and he already sounds like Rudolph with that black plug on his nose. When did that happen?
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 29, 2016, 07:05:03 PM »

his nose was on 'the critical list'
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 29, 2016, 10:17:19 PM »

Yeah, not a look that I like.
KDS
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2016, 05:08:32 AM »

Not a fan of the enhanced Stephanie Tanner? 

How rude. 
The_Beach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2016, 06:19:03 AM »

Good tune to the end of the episode of You Again? Does anyone know if that was a working tune of the beach boys or was that just a little riff written for the show?

https://youtu.be/sHaU5_

It starts at 0:50 in the video
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2016, 07:36:38 AM »

I'll just chime in and mention how weird it is for me to hear the word "nostalgia" mentioned in tandem with the 1990's (which to me only seems like a couple of years ago). I was in my 20's when the original Full House was on and never had cause to watch it (which is why the whole "Beach Boys-on-Full-House-Oh-the-horror!" mentality never meant anything to me).

I did, however, watch "Charles In Charge"...mainly for Nicole Eggert, but that's a subject destined for the sandbox.

Prepare yourself. We're already into "2000s nostalgia." Netflix is already doing new installments of "Gilmore Girls", which went off the air in 2007.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
KDS
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2016, 07:38:05 AM »

Prepare yourself. We're already into "2000s nostalgia." Netflix is already doing new installments of "Gilmore Girls", which went off the air in 2007.

A horror movie called Cabin Fever, which was released in 2003, has also just been remade. 
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2016, 06:34:47 PM »

How rude. 
She looks fake.
sockittome
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2016, 06:52:08 PM »

« Last Edit: June 16, 2016, 04:23:51 PM by sockittome » Logged
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2016, 08:13:12 PM »

not a lot of separation, still not a bad image
KDS
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2016, 05:28:27 AM »

How rude. 
She looks fake.

I heard when the producers saw her, they almost called the show "Fuller Blouse." 

Grin
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2016, 05:15:12 PM »

I watched the first 20 minutes of the first episode and I feel unclean.

Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2016, 10:39:22 PM »

How rude. 
She looks fake.

I heard when the producers saw her, they almost called the show "Fuller Blouse." 

Grin
I have never liked that look. Why do women think they have to do that to themselves?
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2016, 10:43:54 PM »

the opposite of 'no peer pressure'  Undecided
KDS
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2016, 06:52:52 AM »

How rude. 
She looks fake.

Grin
I have never liked that look. Why do women think they have to do that to themselves?

Sorry, was just poking a little fun at the ridiculousness of it all. 
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 04, 2016, 07:36:47 AM »

While we are all here kidding and laughing "Fuller House" has already been renewed for a second season.

KDS
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2016, 07:38:04 AM »

While we are all here kidding and laughing "Fuller House" has already been renewed for a second season.

It was a hit, but I don't know if the novelty is really sustainable. 
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2016, 09:09:05 AM »

If the show makes it through an entire second season without The Beach Boys appearing on it whatsoever in any shape or form, I think it will prove my theory right, that there is some sort of legal BRI hornet's nest with how the band would be represented membership–wise on a scripted show in 2016.  All logic would point to the band being invited and happily appearing on the show, if it were simply an easy matter devoid of politics.

Have Mike and Bruce ever, in 18 years of touring, ever represented the brand name by appearing on a scripted show? Has it ever happened?  I know they have appeared on talk shows and whatnot, but I would think a scripted show might make a difference in the impression it might make on a viewer, who might that those two guys ARE the band, verses are simply a touring entity, whereas the actual band contains multiple more members who are estranged.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 09:13:44 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
KDS
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2016, 09:25:10 AM »

They could just have Mike do a cameo.  I remember one episode from the original show where Mike showed up to sing Be True to Your School for a telethon.   

Or, if M & B show up to visit the Tanners, they could say "Hey it's Mike and Bruce from The Beach Boys." 

I think the last BB appearance on scripted TV was Home Improvement with Mike, Bruce, Carl, Al, and Matt Jardine.  That had to be around 1995-1996. 
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2016, 09:47:24 AM »

They could just have Mike do a cameo.  I remember one episode from the original show where Mike showed up to sing Be True to Your School for a telethon.  

Or, if M & B show up to visit the Tanners, they could say "Hey it's Mike and Bruce from The Beach Boys."  

I think the last BB appearance on scripted TV was Home Improvement with Mike, Bruce, Carl, Al, and Matt Jardine.  That had to be around 1995-1996.  

Maybe it's as simple as that, but on the other hand I'm not convinced it's necessarily quite that simple anymore in 2016 after the bitter, public fallout over who constitutes the brand name in what capacity. And things seem especially bitter nowadays in particular. I don't know how politics could *not* play into it.

Maybe Mike Love could appear as Mike Love, but not as Mike Love of the BBs. Considering how Al was treated when he tried to use the brand name himself, I'd imagine Mike would think such a scenario not unfair, right?  Roll Eyes Perhaps Mike could encounter a similar roadblock in a scripted show situation. I did find it a bit funny how "The BBs" weren't mentioned when Forever was played on the Fuller House pilot. The song was sung, twice even, but no scripted mention of its origins. That seemed a tad weird to me.

Is it just a coincidence that in nearly twenty years, there have been no appearances by "The BBs" in any scripted show?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 10:01:47 AM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx