gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680746 Posts in 27613 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 18, 2024, 09:30:08 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fuller House  (Read 25098 times)
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2016, 01:44:14 PM »

So, apparently Season 2 of Fuller House has now been released on Netflix. I have yet to watch it (maybe I'll make it through an episode or two), but from the looks of it, no Beach Boys. No Mike and/or Bruce whatsoever. It's legitimately surprising. Looking on IMDB at the episode list, it seems the Fuller House writers even wrote the boy band The New Kids On The Block into an episode of this season.

I wonder what happened? I thought I read an interview with Mike where he talked about a Fuller House Season 2 appearance being in the works? Or did I imagine it? I know there was a tweet (posted earlier in this thread) implying Mike and Bruce were hanging with the Fuller House team. Wouldn't Mike and Stamos have lobbied hard for an appearance? Could this have been a legal maneuver where Mike & Bruce are only allowed to tour as "The Beach Boys", but not appear as "The Beach Boys" as actors in a written show? If that's not why this happened, I'm curious as to what the reason is. Maybe Netflix thinks the show's audience doesn't want/care to see a band with members in their 70s? I think it's got to have something to do with either Beach Boy band politics or ageism. Not sure what other reason there could be.

There was a huge (70%) ratings drop between Seasons 1 and 2, so I wouldn't hold my breath for a Season 3.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 01:51:22 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2016, 01:59:34 PM »

I would guess it's due mainly to Mike's touring schedule (and the apparent fact that they seemingly *rushed* a second season into production to strike while it was hopefully still hot), and also that the huge nostalgia factor that is leading people to watch this awful show in the first place has more to do with 80s nostalgia than people from the BB's era. True, the BB's via "Kokomo" and being on the original run of the show are part of the 80s nostalgia, but I'm guessing people who grew up in the 80s are inclined to be into "New Kids on the Block" and other stuff that was more part of youth culture in the 80s (witness the insane success of the new "NES Classic Edition" videogame console).

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2016, 02:06:38 PM »

I would guess it's due mainly to Mike's touring schedule (and the apparent fact that they seemingly *rushed* a second season into production to strike while it was hopefully still hot), and also that the huge nostalgia factor that is leading people to watch this awful show in the first place has more to do with 80s nostalgia than people from the BB's era. True, the BB's via "Kokomo" and being on the original run of the show are part of the 80s nostalgia, but I'm guessing people who grew up in the 80s are inclined to be into "New Kids on the Block" and other stuff that was more part of youth culture in the 80s (witness the insane success of the new "NES Classic Edition" videogame console).

That crossed my mind too, yet I'd be pretty surprised if Mike wouldn't have made some Hurclean efforts to switch a few shows around if the opportunity arose for a Fuller House appearance. 
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 02:07:47 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2016, 02:09:48 PM »

I'm sure Stamos and Mike would love to make it happen, and they shoot the thing in LA. It wouldn't seem to require much; a cameo could seemingly be shot in a day.

Hopefully lower ratings (to the degree they can be measured on Netflix) will put this show to bed as quickly as possible. I can actually sit down and watch the original "Full House" episodes, especially the early seasons, despite objectively knowing they're awful. But this new show is far, far, far worse.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 16, 2016, 02:13:50 PM »

I'm sure Stamos and Mike would love to make it happen, and they shoot the thing in LA. It wouldn't seem to require much; a cameo could seemingly be shot in a day.

Hopefully lower ratings (to the degree they can be measured on Netflix) will put this show to bed as quickly as possible. I can actually sit down and watch the original "Full House" episodes, especially the early seasons, despite objectively knowing they're awful. But this new show is far, far, far worse.

What they really needed to save it was an Olsen Twins appearance. Those gals forgot their roots, and are now too cool for school (and too cool for Coulier!)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 02:14:25 PM by CenturyDeprived » Logged
acedecade75
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: December 16, 2016, 02:53:26 PM »

I can't believe they made a second season of this disaster.  Fuller House is one of the worst shows ever.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 16, 2016, 06:51:45 PM »

What they really needed to save it was an Olsen Twins appearance. Those gals forgot their roots, and are now too cool for school (and too cool for Coulier!)
Maybe Mike and Bruce are waiting for an Olsen's return. Or they need a comeback hit to propel them into the charts again.
bringahorseinhere?
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 16, 2016, 08:39:30 PM »

I didn't mind 'Fuller House', but being into the nostalgia of the original show,
I can appreciate it.  As a stand alone show, it really would be pretty pathetic.
I enjoyed watching the first season, but it wouldn't be on my top 10 list of
things I'd wanna rewatch in a hurry.
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 19, 2016, 03:03:02 PM »

I've just heard from a friend who watched Season 2 that they talk about the song "Forever" in the season finale. The guys are arguing, and Danny says to Jesse "my favorite song is not Forever", and Jesse is dismayed by the comment.
KDS
« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2016, 05:36:21 AM »

I didn't mind 'Fuller House', but being into the nostalgia of the original show,
I can appreciate it.  As a stand alone show, it really would be pretty pathetic.
I enjoyed watching the first season, but it wouldn't be on my top 10 list of
things I'd wanna rewatch in a hurry.

Strictly for nostalgia, I watched the first episode.  But, once you get back the "hey, it's those people I watched on TV 20 years ago" feeling, I thought it wore off pretty fast. 
Marty Castillo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 20, 2016, 07:37:48 AM »

I've just heard from a friend who watched Season 2 that they talk about the song "Forever" in the season finale. The guys are arguing, and Danny says to Jesse "my favorite song is not Forever", and Jesse is dismayed by the comment.
"Heard from a friend" - nice try...
CenturyDeprived
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2016, 08:56:36 AM »

"Heard from a friend" - nice try...

I thought someone might call me out on that Smiley But honestly, I ain't kidding! I confess to having watched Season 1, but I have not seen a frame of Season 2.
SamMcK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 21, 2016, 11:23:57 AM »

Truth is, whilst I could imagine a modern TV Show namechecking The Beach Boys (or maybe even Brian Wilson for a bit of indie cred), I doubt many TV watchers would give two craps about a guest appearance by Mike Love and Bruce Johnston, in 2016. They just don't have that type of starpower. Even on Fuller House.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 11:24:35 AM by SamMcK » Logged
KDS
« Reply #113 on: December 21, 2016, 01:04:32 PM »

Truth is, whilst I could imagine a modern TV Show namechecking The Beach Boys (or maybe even Brian Wilson for a bit of indie cred), I doubt many TV watchers would give two craps about a guest appearance by Mike Love and Bruce Johnston, in 2016. They just don't have that type of starpower. Even on Fuller House.

It would make sense on Fuller House since that show lives and breathes on nostalgia, and the Beach Boys guest appearances on the original show is one of the more memorable aspects of it. 
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 21, 2016, 01:59:18 PM »

It would make sense on Fuller House since that show lives and breathes on nostalgia, and the Beach Boys guest appearances on the original show is one of the more memorable aspects of it. 
Might be more appropriate this time around to have a visit from Wilson Phillips.
KDS
« Reply #115 on: December 22, 2016, 09:15:34 AM »

Might be more appropriate this time around to have a visit from Wilson Phillips.

Except Wilson Phillips never appeared on the original show, but Mike and Bruce both have. 
MikestheGreatest!!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 22, 2016, 05:05:43 PM »

"Fuller Diaper"
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx