gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680780 Posts in 27616 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 23, 2024, 05:41:52 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Pet Sound Sessions????  (Read 6740 times)
The_Beach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2016, 07:34:26 AM »

Does anyone know what is all on leggo my ego that isn't on the Pet sound box set or the unsurpassed masters sessions? Thanks http://www.vigotone.com/spank/spank140-142.htm
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2016, 08:29:11 AM »

Welll, "Chipmunk Song" and "Brian raps about LA smog" for sure...(and I thought the smog thing was actually from Smile anyway)

And that single-tracked version of "Caroline, No." And the stereo mix of "Let's Go Away For Awhile." And the mixes that were used in An American Band.

Other than that, I don't think there's anything on LME that's terribly worthwhile now that we have The Pet Sounds Sessions.

What I'd LOVE to be added, though, is the "I Know There's An Answer" vocal overdub session where Brian is coaching Al on each line...

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
The_Beach
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2016, 10:44:33 AM »

Thanks! nothing to big then. which ones are the mixes that were used in An American Band.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2016, 09:01:01 PM »

Isn't this the 20th anniversary of the PS box? I'm sure there's a commerative box set on the way - 20th anniversary of the PS box, 50th anniversary of the album...darn, wish I'd saved that poster that was shared here a few months ago. Maybe just for kicks, they can also throw in the brown cover from the 70's.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2016, 10:57:51 PM »

The PS box was reissued last year, I believe.

“We live in divisive times.”
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2016, 11:06:10 PM »

Yeah, The PS box was reissued last year possibly to, err, coincide with L&M; a Blu-Ray Audio of PS is expected this year.

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Ebb and Flow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2016, 11:55:17 PM »

Leggo My Eggo features edited snippets of the tracking session for "Let's Go Away For Awhile" and the (complete?) tracking session for "Don't Talk".  LGAFAW is in the tape archive but the complete session was unbooted on the SOT release for some reason.  The tape for the tracking session for "Don't Talk" before the tape bounce is no longer in the tape archives.

The two tracks from "Don't Talk" were also on "Long Lost Surf Songs Vol. 2" but I'm not sure what release was first.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 07:46:37 AM »

Thanks! nothing to big then. which ones are the mixes that were used in An American Band.

Off the top of my head, I believe "Wouldn't It Be Nice" and "That's Not Me" on the first disc, the one that puts together a simulated "alternate" Pet Sounds album.

Check out my podcasts: Tune X Podcast (tunex.fab4it.com) and Autobiography of a Schnook (SchnookPodcast.com); there are worse things you can do!
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 12:23:17 PM »

Isn't this the 20th anniversary of the PS box? I'm sure there's a commerative box set on the way - 20th anniversary of the PS box, 50th anniversary of the album...darn, wish I'd saved that poster that was shared here a few months ago. Maybe just for kicks, they can also throw in the brown cover from the 70's.

Here it is, made by Judd and me:
The LEGENDARY OSD
Smiley Smile Associate

luHv Estrangement Syndrome. It's a great thing!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 01:35:28 PM »

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL  Brilliant sarcasm.

myKe luHv, the most hated, embarrassing clown the world of music has ever witnessed.
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2016, 02:08:59 PM »

LOL
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 03:01:47 PM »

Leggo My Ego has take 1 of Don't Talk and more Let's Go Away for Awhile sessions. The Smog rap is from January 1967 and the Mr. Sandman/The Chipmunk Song/God Only Knows medley is from 1970 during Surf's Up sessions.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2016, 05:15:47 PM »

Thank you, this is classic. I am saving it this time. It will come in useful again.
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2016, 06:54:22 PM »

well there's still the Stereophonic version....lol
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2016, 09:28:25 PM »

Do you mean the Duophonic version? Sure, put that in the box.
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2016, 09:34:53 PM »

Yes that's what I meant.
Manfred
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2016, 03:52:37 AM »

On Leggo my Ego you can hear Dennis sing a part of Sloop John B which I don´t remember being on the Box Set.
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2016, 10:34:30 AM »

No, just Carl, and that's been released. My guess is that when Brian did the "audition-all-the-guys" thing, he simply reused the same track on the same tape.

mojoman3061
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2016, 12:17:17 PM »

Was this done in consultation with Monty Python, Bubbly Waves?
37!ws
Smiley Smile Associate

All baggudo at my man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2016, 05:42:36 PM »

i dunno, I'm looking forward to it, but (no offense) I don't think it could top this set from 2011:

Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2016, 07:53:30 PM »

i dunno, I'm looking forward to it, but (no offense) I don't think it could top this set from 2011:

That is awesome, so what we need now is a Smiley Smile box - including a pound of that good hash the guys were smoking during the recording. I know they could sell it in Denver and Seattle.
joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2016, 08:06:45 PM »

I would love a full sized copy of that painting of Brian..(Hint Hint Brian and his people  Wink )
Margarita
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2016, 08:58:30 PM »

But only if it's in Full Dimensional Capitol Duo Stereo!

But she's still dancing in the night unafraid of what a dude'll do in a town full of Heroes and Villains...
mojoman3061
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2016, 09:06:07 AM »

About the 2011 set:  On the picture sleeve of the single next to the yo-yo and the stack-of-8-tracks, does it say "The Elements"?

Also, that thing in the middle that looks like a bottle with a cork stopper.  What is that?

Thanks.
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2016, 09:09:47 AM »

This is really, really funny.

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx