gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 09:34:18 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Beach Boys Live At Paramount NYC 11/26/1993 Unplugged Tour  (Read 28535 times)
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 08, 2017, 04:01:00 PM »

93 unplugged Paramont show sorely needs to be formally released. Just a great performance by the boys and in particular Al and Carl.
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 09, 2017, 07:13:49 AM »

I agree, and sometime well before 2043, please!
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #77 on: August 09, 2017, 08:33:43 AM »

An official release of the Paramount '93 show (or another show on that tour; I've heard an audience recording of the Valley Forge show from a few days prior that might be a better *performance*) would be the perfect kick-off for a wide-ranging "Live from the Archives" sort of series of downloadable shows.

The only reason I can think that this hasn't been pushed harder for official release is that the assumption is that it so commonly circulates already.

There *may* also be an issue with the likelihood that they only have some sort of stereo housemix on DAT and not any multi-track elements for the show. This would limit what they could do in post-production. But I don't recall any major mixing issues on that live mix that circulates.

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
NateRuvin
Smiley Smile Associate

"I had to prove that I could make it alone"...

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 09, 2017, 09:09:26 AM »

Hey Jude, where can I find that mix that circulates?
rock72
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 09, 2017, 10:06:04 AM »

it's not there?
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 09, 2017, 01:35:37 PM »

Hey Jude I have the Valley Forge unplugged show on double CD and it is fabulous. What I've heard of the Paramount show on YouTube is a bit more clean though.
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: August 09, 2017, 02:38:51 PM »

Hey Jude I have the Valley Forge unplugged show on double CD and it is fabulous. What I've heard of the Paramount show on YouTube is a bit more clean though.

Sound quality is definitely much better; Valley Forge is a good audience recording while the NYC show sounds like it's pulled from a DAT soundboard source (it's in fact so clean that it sounds a little bit sterile and has *very little* audience in the mix).

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
rock72
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2017, 12:38:24 PM »

Hi,
when i click on your you tube link, i get nothing. can u  help?
thanks dave
DC310
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2022, 09:48:58 AM »

Reviving this thread after revisiting some recordings of this tour. My ears are very happy. Some of the best live vocals of any of the touring eras from Carl and Al in particular. Happy that Add Some Music from this show got released with cleaned up audio on the Feel Flows set (seems like it was extraction and not a true multitrack mix which I assume doesn't exist), but remain curious why this whole show hasn't been released as a live set. It's just absolutely fantastic.
MyDrKnowsItKeepsMeCalm
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 22, 2022, 10:16:59 AM »

Reviving this thread after revisiting some recordings of this tour. My ears are very happy. Some of the best live vocals of any of the touring eras from Carl and Al in particular. Happy that Add Some Music from this show got released with cleaned up audio on the Feel Flows set (seems like it was extraction and not a true multitrack mix which I assume doesn't exist), but remain curious why this whole show hasn't been released as a live set. It's just absolutely fantastic.

Agreed, would love the full set someday. The live '93 Add Some Music is gorgeous. A beautiful relaxed lead-ish vocal from Mike, kind of reminiscent of his Big Sur vocals.

Zenobi
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 22, 2022, 12:55:35 PM »

I think Mike is fantastic every time he delivers that kind of relaxed vocals. I'd have loved a cover of "Monday Monday" with Mike on lead and the trademark Beach Boys harmonies.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2022, 01:02:58 PM by Zenobi » Logged
Tony S
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 22, 2022, 05:07:18 PM »

Why the 93 Paramount shows have not been officially released yet I have no idea they are absolutely brilliant. And will be a tremendous honor to Carl to have these released.
DC310
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 22, 2022, 05:50:19 PM »

Was Ed Carter on bass or guitar for this tour? Do any photos exist from the tour? Though the setlist isn't as extensive, the Lorelei show from earlier that year was also a good one.
c-man
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: January 23, 2022, 07:33:30 AM »

Was Ed Carter on bass or guitar for this tour? Do any photos exist from the tour? Though the setlist isn't as extensive, the Lorelei show from earlier that year was also a good one.

Ed played bass on that tour. Unsure on the photos.
astroray
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 24, 2022, 01:26:53 PM »

The good thing about the Box Set tour in Atlanta, the stage was so small so there were no cheerleaders!! They sat behind me, I was on the front row!

Cook pork throughly
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: January 25, 2022, 06:39:43 AM »

I think the infamous "boxed set" tour was only 8 or 9 shows in November of 1993.

The selection out there from press/media sources on BB concert photos from this era is pretty spotty, a consequence of touring all year, every year where a BB concert was not a super unique event.

For that matter, that's why finding fan photos is more difficult as well. Fewer fans shot photos, and many fans at concerts were not like hardcore fans who would be scanning these photos 30 years later.

Still, I would guess the best bet for finding photos from one of these shows would probably be fan photos. I know of at least one fan who almost surely has photos from one of these stops, who has a gazillion photos of live shows throughout the years, but has never shared or published any of them. I really hold out hope that that kind of stuff can be shared before we're all dead.

Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2022, 06:08:03 AM »

Agreed, would love the full set someday. The live '93 Add Some Music is gorgeous. A beautiful relaxed lead-ish vocal from Mike, kind of reminiscent of his Big Sur vocals.

This was a really good tour and that Paramount show is a high-quality boot in terms of both sound quality and performance.  It's no surprise that live performances from this show have been culled in BB box set compilations in recent years. 

Maybe at some point they'll put out a live box set featuring complete shows from the band's different era's including the Carnegie Hall show.  This Paramount show would fit nicely in that set.  Plus I'd welcome an official live release of Carl singing "Wouldn't It Be Nice"; I always felt he handled the lead vocal better than Al did. 

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
roffels
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2022, 02:51:43 PM »

Have wanted to hear this for awhile. Thanks!

Can anyone recommend a safe way to store these clips? I use to use iLivid but I have removed it due to a computer meltdown.

Just use google to find the original FLAC files - much nicer quality than ripping from youtube.

Edit - I'm an idiot and didn't realize how old this thread was. Just saw the Month/Date. Sorry!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2022, 02:53:49 PM by roffels » Logged
Awesoman
Smiley Smile Associate

Disagreements? Work 'em out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: February 26, 2022, 09:59:07 AM »

Can anyone recommend a safe way to store these clips? I use to use iLivid but I have removed it due to a computer meltdown.

Just use google to find the original FLAC files - much nicer quality than ripping from youtube.

Edit - I'm an idiot and didn't realize how old this thread was. Just saw the Month/Date. Sorry!

If anyone actually has those FLAC files and would like to reshare...

I only have dinky 192 mp3 files of it...

And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there
Ram4
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 28, 2022, 11:20:02 AM »

If anyone actually has those FLAC files and would like to reshare...

I only have dinky 192 mp3 files of it...
That would be cool.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2022, 11:22:22 AM by Ram4 » Logged
gfx
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx