-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:07:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  When you have a mimosa
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: When you have a mimosa  (Read 2466 times)
MaryUSA
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2016, 11:34:14 AM »

Hi all,

I know that most of us have been to brunch on Sunday.  When someone wants to have a mimosa in public or at home do they use the expensive champagne, a cheaper one or prosecco?  When I go to brunch I always drink straight champagne. 
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 01:56:23 PM »

When I'm at brunch I'm usually still nursing some coffee.
KDS
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 08:33:41 PM »

I don't go out for brunch often, but I would imagine most places use cheaper sparkling white wine. 

Sometimes, during the summer, my wife and I will have afternoon mimosas, and we'll typically use a cheaper spumate (sp?) sparkling white (technically, it can't be called Champagne as it wasn't made in that part of France). 
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2016, 09:34:21 PM »

Can any of you tell me what is "brunch" exactly? From Google: "a meal that serves as both breakfast and lunch". But it seems it can mean sth. else. So annoying to not know what others talk about.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
KDS
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 05:41:58 AM »

Can any of you tell me what is "brunch" exactly? From Google: "a meal that serves as both breakfast and lunch". But it seems it can mean sth. else. So annoying to not know what others talk about.

Brunch typically refers to a meal either in the late morning or early afternoon that includes food typically served at both breakfast and lunch.  

In the US, many restaurants serve brunch specials or buffetts with both breakfast and lunch food items.  Libations such as bloody marys and mimosas are commonly served with brunch.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 11:37:33 AM by KDS » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: