gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 02:46:27 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: W h e n w i l l t h e E u r o p e d a t e s b e a n n o u n c e d !?  (Read 1730 times)
anders wyller
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2016, 02:11:54 AM »

...  I wanna know. Now.
Rentatris
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 06:39:32 AM »

Is it announced yet?

I wanna know......

Pet Sounds, SMiLE, Love You, Adult/Child
STE
Smiley Smile Associate

"I'm not on top like I used to be"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 08:12:13 AM »

If you're ever gonna let me go, I don't wanna know

Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 12:12:52 PM »

So much for cancelling the UK tour last year to promote "Love and Mercy" huh? The awards are rolling in! Razz
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2016, 12:45:49 PM »

As Brian is often criticized for releasing dates piece meal, I'm betting they are nailing down as much as they can before announcing. I mean, it is still January.

Also, there is great logic not going over last summer if they plan a big tour this year, and having a movie to support.

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
AndrewHickey
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2016, 01:33:49 PM »

Also, there is great logic not going over last summer if they plan a big tour this year, and having a movie to support.

It's fairly obvious that this year's tour, at least in the UK, won't be anything like as big as the cancelled one was planned to be. And with very good reason.

The Smiley Smile ignore function: http://andrewhickey.info/the-smiley-smile-ignore-button-sort-of/
Most recent update 03/12/15
HeyJude
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2016, 03:44:15 PM »

So much for cancelling the UK tour last year to promote "Love and Mercy" huh? The awards are rolling in! Razz

I don't recall anyone mentioning that Brian was planning to specifically work on lobbying the various voting entities to give the film awards. If anything, Brian would be needed more for "promotion", meaning giving interviews, involving himself in that charity, etc. Meanwhile, *if* they at some point undertook a campaign to get the film votes, outside PR firms and whatnot handle that sort of stuff.

I'm guessing, given the film's budget, they probably *didn't* pump a bunch of money into an awards campaign.

The film has more a success given all the proper context (I went over this in another thread, but it turns out music biopics are very rarely huge hits), has likely turned a nice profit and, more importantly, has been critically quite successful. It's at 90% on Rotten Tomatoes (which is, as I recall, actually higher than it was around release date).

THE BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE IS ON FACEBOOK!!! http://www.facebook.com/beachboysopinion - Check out the original "BEACH BOYS OPINION PAGE" Blog - http://beachboysopinion.blogspot.com/
Pretty Funky
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2016, 04:57:02 PM »

Not knocking the promotion as such I guess. The brits got screwed last year due to the locations being wrong from day one.
Rentatris
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 06:09:02 AM »

TODAY!!!!

RIGHT NOW!!!!!

WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Pet Sounds, SMiLE, Love You, Adult/Child
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to: