gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680598 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 06:03:41 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: What bands should settle differences and get together one more time?  (Read 7771 times)
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2016, 11:33:43 AM »

All of them. They aren't getting any younger - as today's event clearly indicates.
Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

It's all about 'harmony' ...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2016, 02:50:22 PM »

Without question - 10cc - the original quartet, and those first four albums, were near perfection. Other than that... Poco (with Cotton, Schmit and Young), Chicago (with Cetera) and those Moodies...
Fortunately, one of my reunion hopes came to fruition when Joe Willliams reunited with them Toto boys and a made a damn fine album together again...

www.facebook.com/beachboysalbumsleeves - a cool place to visit !
KDS
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2016, 06:05:09 AM »

Without question - 10cc - the original quartet, and those first four albums, were near perfection. Other than that... Poco (with Cotton, Schmit and Young), Chicago (with Cetera) and those Moodies...
Fortunately, one of my reunion hopes came to fruition when Joe Willliams reunited with them Toto boys and a made a damn fine album together again...

There was talk of a Moody Blues reunion for their 50th last year, but I don't think anything came of it. 

I heard that Sammy Hagar tweeted happy birthday greetings to Eddie Van Halen, and Eddie tweeted back thank you.  Maybe a Van Hagar reunion???  After all, Dave's vocals are pretty shot. 
Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

It's all about 'harmony' ...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2016, 11:03:28 AM »

Although Pinder seems on good terms with Ray, Justin and John it seems the issue is between him and Graeme Edge... or so I hear...
Also wish Genesis would get back together with Hackett. Sacrilege to say to many, but I can survive without Gabriel, but the four piece that made Trick of the Tail and Wind & Wuthering would be fantastic...

www.facebook.com/beachboysalbumsleeves - a cool place to visit !
KDS
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2016, 11:36:45 AM »

Although Pinder seems on good terms with Ray, Justin and John it seems the issue is between him and Graeme Edge... or so I hear...
Also wish Genesis would get back together with Hackett. Sacrilege to say to many, but I can survive without Gabriel, but the four piece that made Trick of the Tail and Wind & Wuthering would be fantastic...

Phil Collins keeps saying "never say never" when it comes to Genesis.  Although if anything happens, I doubt Hackett or Gabriel would be involved.

But, you never know. 
Outtasight!
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 06, 2016, 01:46:46 PM »

I'm surprised the Kinks ain't been mentioned. I'm a huge fan but don't really want to see a reunion. I'm not a fan of reunions. Ray has done a couple of fine solo albums, I'd be up for a few more. I didn't even get excited for the Bb's reunion, liked TWGMTR though. I'm more than happy with BW's solo career and certainly don't clamour for another reunion. Sorry. I also loved walking into Clarksdale by Plant and Page and I would be happy to see them work together again without the weight of a Zep reunion.
Sheriff John Stone
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 06, 2016, 02:14:48 PM »

I'm surprised the Kinks ain't been mentioned. I'm a huge fan but don't really want to see a reunion.

Speaking of a Kinks' reunion, this was interesting; just happened a little over a month ago: https://youtu.be/V6mL7s_FIA4
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 06, 2016, 03:15:02 PM »

How about Supertramp.

Even better, Dire Straits!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 07:54:54 PM by OregonRiverRider » Logged

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2016, 11:33:53 PM »

Guns N' Roses
Monkees
Suede
Frank Ocean
Soundgarden
Swans
Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2016, 11:46:02 PM »

Forgot Iggy Pop and Josh Homme...can't these two just get along already?
the captain
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2016, 05:14:29 AM »

Guns N' Roses
Monkees
Suede
Frank Ocean
Soundgarden
Swans

Your list confuses me. Is there a joke I'm not getting? (Frank Ocean?)

Demon-Fighting Genius; Patronizing Twaddler; Argumentative, Sanctimonious Prick; Sensationalist Dullard; and Douche who (occasionally to rarely) puts songs here.

No interest in your assorted grudges and nonsense.
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2016, 12:30:48 PM »

I'm surprised the Kinks ain't been mentioned. I'm a huge fan but don't really want to see a reunion. I'm not a fan of reunions. Ray has done a couple of fine solo albums, I'd be up for a few more. I didn't even get excited for the Bb's reunion, liked TWGMTR though. I'm more than happy with BW's solo career and certainly don't clamour for another reunion. Sorry. I also loved walking into Clarksdale by Plant and Page and I would be happy to see them work together again without the weight of a Zep reunion.
The Kinks should definitely do it - most of the core members are still alive, and let's face it, whether it is Ray touring solo, or Dave solo, most of the stuff they play onstage is Kinks material, so why not do it together?
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2016, 10:11:47 PM »

The ORIGINAL Journey - Gregg Rolie, Neal Schon, George Tickner, Ross Valory, and Aynsley Dunbar
Flock of Seagulls
I already saw Neutral Milk Hotel on their 2014 reunion tour, but another reunion in a few years would be nice (Let's let Jeff Mangum be a recluse again for couple years before we bother him.)

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2016, 05:51:48 AM »

The White Stripes. The Kinks, Dire Straits & every band with brothers. They must reunite & forget the feuds.

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
KDS
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2016, 06:09:18 AM »

The White Stripes. The Kinks, Dire Straits & every band with brothers. They must reunite & forget the feuds.

That's funny.  I just heard the song "Brothers in Arms" yesterday and thought it would be great to see a Dire Straits reunion.  I think they got together as The Straits without Mark Knopler a few years back, but that didn't go anywhere. 

There was talk of a Moody Blues 50th anniversary tour last year, but nothing came of it. 

Aum Bop Diddit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2016, 07:50:52 PM »

Jellyfish.

Hey!  Those are *MY* wind chimes!
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2016, 09:49:23 PM »

Agreed. You don't want to wait too long, as CCR did. Would have been cool to see Tom and John on stage together one last time. C'mon Mark and David, Ray and Dave, bury the hatchet, give the people what they want!
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2016, 09:51:22 PM »

I used to put the Beach Boys on the list, but  no longer. Too toxic.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2016, 07:56:03 PM »

I used to put the Beach Boys on the list, but  no longer. Too toxic.
Well, they already did it - although, for me, there was a big hole without Carl.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2016, 07:59:46 PM »

Yeah, I meant post 2012.

I know what you mean sans-Carl, but that tour was magical musically, and the best they sounded since the 70s.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
jmc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 01, 2016, 09:11:06 PM »

David Crosby, Roger McGuinn, Chris Hillman...and other former Byrds
Aum Bop Diddit
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2016, 06:39:35 PM »

David Crosby, Roger McGuinn, Chris Hillman...and other former Byrds

Not too many other than those mentioned still alive.  Gene Clark, Michael Clarke,  Gram Parsons, Clarence White, Skip Battin, and Kevin Kelley have all passed.  Gene Parsons and John York are  still with us (according to Wikipedia) so we would have a rhythm section.

Gene Parsons btw wrote one of my favorite Byrds tunes -- "Gunga Din" from "Ballad of Easy Rider."

Hey!  Those are *MY* wind chimes!
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx