-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:52:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  This board is amazing
Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: This board is amazing  (Read 2305 times)
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 30, 2015, 11:42:18 PM »

Today I was reading an old thread in which posters were debating whether or not Mike Love became the "leader" of the group from the 80's on. As I read I was rolling my eyes to myself and reflecting on how f'ed up Beach Boys fans are, then out of nowhere Steve Mayo digs up the most candid Carl Wilson interview I've ever read and a series of posters, through faxing, scanning, and typing, get it transcribed on the board. Suddenly, I'm thinking d*mn, these fans are on top of things!  Since I've been here, I've communicated directly with authors of highly respectable and interesting works, intensely thorough super bright historians, engineers who have worked directly with the Beach Boys, people who've had personal friendships with the Beach Boys; today I asked a confused question about studio contracts and got an answer directly from the poster I assume is Craig Slowinski of all people; two days ago I had an interesting exchange about the music industry (with which I am not yet done, I'm still absorbing the first part) with a guy who I didn't realize until today produced David Marks' recent work; I've been hearing great music from a half dozen + artists who are posters here, by following the links in posts or on their footers (or whatever you call the stuff at the bottom of the posts.) And I will be paying for some of that music too, btw!! I've read 50 year-old magazine articles; i've learned where to find information on just about anything known about the Beach Boys; i've learned all kinds of ins-and-outs about the BB and BW backing musicians... It's fantastic.
So, yes, it can be contentious and can stress me out a little, but by God, thank you, SmileySmile posters.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 12:07:37 AM »

Fresh eyes... a wonderful thing.  Smiley

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
RangeRoverA1
Smiley Smile Associate

I drink expired tea. wanna sip or spit?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 09:22:40 PM »

"This board is amazing" - Ikr? 3D Dig your positivity.
That said, can't resist to bring up an old thread: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,14542.0.html
There you can say by name anyone you think deserves a compliment, not just collective thing like "I like people of Smiley Smile".

Short notice: the cat you see to the left is the best. Not counting your indoor cat who might have habit sitting at your left side when you post at SmileySmile.

Who is Lucille Ball & Vivian Vance Duet Fan Club CEO? Btw, such Club exists?

Zany zealous Zeddie eats broccoli at brunch break but doesn't do's & don't's due to duties.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 09:34:18 PM »

"This board is amazing" - Ikr? 3D Dig your positivity.
That said, can't resist to bring up an old thread: http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,14542.0.html
There you can say by name anyone you think deserves a compliment, not just collective thing like "I like people of Smiley Smile".
Thanks RangeRoverA1, I'll check that thread out.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: