gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680853 Posts in 27617 Topics by 4067 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 28, 2024, 06:43:05 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: How Smiley Smile got its title...  (Read 3162 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« on: December 30, 2015, 02:45:13 AM »

... according to the guy credited with same on the back cover thereof:

"My folks and I were at Brian's house. I was 12 and really didn't understand when he told us about his breakdown during Smile. So I just said to no one in particular... "Smile. Smiley Smile". And for a while I was a minor school celebrity !"

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2015, 04:19:49 AM »

Well there you go.
Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2015, 04:37:03 AM »

I always thought it was simply the most obvious stylistic diminutive. Thanks, AGD.
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 04:47:32 AM »

I always thought it was simply the most obvious stylistic diminutive. Thanks, AGD.

True... but it took a 12-year-old to see the obvious.  Grin

pmugghc
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 05:32:00 AM »

... according to the guy credited with same on the back cover thereof:

"My folks and I were at Brian's house. I was 12 and really didn't understand when he told us about his breakdown during Smile. So I just said to no one in particular... "Smile. Smiley Smile". And for a while I was a minor school celebrity !"

So Brian told them about his breakdown, meaning he blamed himself? What else can this guy say about what Brian said?
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 07:03:42 AM »

Meaning he told them about his breakdown. Exactly how you can divine he blamed himself for it is something I really, really want to hear.

joshferrell
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2016, 09:25:05 AM »

I always thought it was Ringo... LOL

"Hey hey hey, that's okay Brian let's all have a Smiley Smile on this Hard Days Night, since you've been working eight days a week on the Smile album, hey Mike who is that Wild Honey you are hanging unto? is she visiting here? oh I see she's heading back to the USSR tomorrow. Well have fun with her but remember to send her my way after you're done and Don't pass me by, in fact I would love to see her Octopuses Garden, well Good night Brian just remember the smile that you send out will come back to you! or Something, like that, hey look it's Another day, Here comes the sun! I must split soon because I'm flying to Kansas city but I will get back to you soon, as far as the stress of recording remember just to let it be!"

and the rest is history.......... Grin Grin Grin
Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2016, 09:37:57 AM »

Amateurs, I was around, what happened was there was ANOTHER forum called The Smile Shop, but a bunch of people got their panties in a twist, the whole thing shut down, and then Smiley Smile rose out of the ashes.  Duh. 

The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2016, 09:42:22 AM »

Amateurs, I was around, what happened was there was ANOTHER forum called The Smile Shop, but a bunch of people got their panties in a twist, the whole thing shut down, and then Smiley Smile rose out of the ashes.  Duh. 

Can't have happened that way… online BBs fans would never get their panties twisteroonied! LOL

“We live in divisive times.”
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2016, 10:21:31 AM »

I always thought it was Ringo... LOL

"Hey hey hey, that's okay Brian let's all have a Smiley Smile on this Hard Days Night, since you've been working eight days a week on the Smile album, hey Mike who is that Wild Honey you are hanging unto? is she visiting here? oh I see she's heading back to the USSR tomorrow. Well have fun with her but remember to send her my way after you're done and Don't pass me by, in fact I would love to see her Octopuses Garden, well Good night Brian just remember the smile that you send out will come back to you! or Something, like that, hey look it's Another day, Here comes the sun! I must split soon because I'm flying to Kansas city but I will get back to you soon, as far as the stress of recording remember just to let it be!"

and the rest is history.......... Grin Grin Grin
This is exactly how it went down. When Bruce was over there pressing the flesh for Pet Sounds, he turned and started working with the Beatles on Smile, but you know how karma is, he was in the accident with Paul. Ringo from then on had a dual role.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx