gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680597 Posts in 27600 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 28, 2024, 10:06:49 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Finally! Chicago's getting in the RRHoF 2016!  (Read 7623 times)
Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

It's all about 'harmony' ...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2016, 01:48:33 PM »

Nope, looks like it's definitely a no-go zone now...

http://petercetera.com/  February 8, 2016
I just sent this to the RnR hall of fame people. This is the the short high road nice version of what I really wanted to say. I’ll post that response at the appropriate time. Ciao,

Hello Alex and Joel!
Unfortunately, this scenario doesn’t work for me. I know we all did our best to make it happen, but I guess it’s just not meant to be.
Personally, I’m frustrated and tired of dealing with this and it’s time to move on. I have a life with two beautiful daughters and a solo career and its time to get back and give them all the full attention they deserve.
Thanks for all your help and consideration! Have a great show and please send any individual award I receive to the contact you have for me.
All the best, Peter Cetera

www.facebook.com/beachboysalbumsleeves - a cool place to visit !
Alex
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2016, 10:58:24 PM »

Wasn't Cetera the one responsible for their decent into adult contemporary/MOR/easy listening pap in the first place?

"I thought Brian was a perfect gentleman, apart from buttering his head and trying to put it between two slices of bread"  -Tom Petty, after eating with Brian.

https://givemesomeboots1.blogspot.com/
Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2016, 11:19:36 PM »

Wasn't Cetera the one responsible for their decent into adult contemporary/MOR/easy listening pap in the first place?
  I don't think it's fair to lay all the blame at Cetera's feet. Bill Champlin was on board by then, and when Cetera left, Champlin became the AC voice of the band. I always wondered what the horn section was doing on songs like "Look Away" - I don't hear any horns there, did they just stick those guys behind a bank of keyboards and tell them "look like you're playing"?
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 09, 2016, 06:44:04 AM »

If you wanted to blame just one person, it would be David Foster.

Lonely Summer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 09, 2016, 03:42:12 PM »

If you wanted to blame just one person, it would be David Foster.
Agreed.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

Add Some Music to your day!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2016, 05:31:06 PM »

I just read that Robert Lamm said Cetera wanted his own band there to perform too. And 25or6to4 wasn't in E and they weren't gonna play it that way. Goodness!

Edit: forgot to say the song, written by Lamm, is in A minor.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 05:52:36 PM by OregonRiverRider » Logged

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
Rocky Raccoon
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2016, 07:12:14 PM »

I don't see a big deal in changing the key if Cetera can't sing higher than that.

I'm going to be at the Hall of Fame show and I hope the band can sort out their differences before then.  Otherwise, they're missing a huge opportunity for their fans.

Malc
Smiley Smile Associate

It's all about 'harmony' ...

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2016, 07:19:09 AM »

I just read that Robert Lamm said Cetera wanted his own band there to perform too. And 25or6to4 wasn't in E and they weren't gonna play it that way. Goodness!

Other than a pretty bland 'official' statement from the band I haven't seen any direct comments from Robert over Peter's demands. Can I ask where you saw this remark ?

www.facebook.com/beachboysalbumsleeves - a cool place to visit !
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2016, 11:21:50 PM »

Other than a pretty bland 'official' statement from the band I haven't seen any direct comments from Robert over Peter's demands. Can I ask where you saw this remark ?

http://www.classichitsandoldies.com/v2/70004/

And, in more detail:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6867425/peter-cetera-chicago-rock-roll-hall-fame-induction
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 11:24:23 PM by OregonRiverRider » Logged

"Brian is The Beach Boys. He is the band. We're his f***ing messengers. He is all of it. Period. We're nothing. He's everything" - Dennis Wilson
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2016, 11:25:41 PM »

I don't see a big deal in changing the key if Cetera can't sing higher than that.

I'm going to be at the Hall of Fame show and I hope the band can sort out their differences before then.  Otherwise, they're missing a huge opportunity for their fans.

I picked up my bass and played it in E, really doesn't sound right to my ears.

lostbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2016, 05:38:58 PM »

Well.. Brian Wilson said he wouldn't reunite with his band. Look what happened...
So things could change.
SurfRiderHawaii
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2016, 06:40:55 PM »

Well.. Brian Wilson said he wouldn't reunite with his band. Look what happened...
So things could change.

Hope so!

Ron
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2016, 02:10:18 PM »

Sad to hear this, was hoping they could do it. 

If I were Cetera and I had to sing 3 (THREE?) keys low to hit the notes, I'd just play the bass on stage and let somebody else sing it.  Or do a different song.  Or just play it with no vocals in the original key, it's kind of a big jam song anyways. 

What it comes down to though is we have no clue what the hell is going on between the band, Peter, and the Hall of Fame so who knows. 
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx