gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680601 Posts in 27601 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 29, 2024, 03:17:52 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mike LeRoy Presents: Bridge  (Read 3046 times)
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2015, 09:59:04 PM »

Hey all! It's been a LONG time. After my last album, I was really considering stopping making music. I didn't feel like I was having enough of an effect on people so... I stopped and reconsidered.
It's hard to convince yourself to make music for yourself but in a lot of ways I needed to make this album, and you'll hear why.

Bridge

Simply, this is a simple album that I really like to put like this: It's easy to digest, but says a lot about the guy who made it all.

Anyways, enough talk, I'm getting this out there a few days early so you guys can possibly listen before the holiday... enjoy!

https://mikeleroy.bandcamp.com/album/bridge

Feedback is very important to me. If you post a nice little "feel" about this album, maybe I'll send out a key so you can download a nice lossless copy? Eh? Thanks guys.

Empire Of Love
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 11:14:23 PM »

Nice consistent sound/style throughout.  I believe my favorites are:

Maybe (Don't Do It Baby)
Yesterday

But I must admit I've not spent a lot of time with it and my attention was divided.  It seems you are using your voice in a way that better plays to your strengths.  Whether that was deliberate or just due to the material I don't know.  Regardless, another good effort Mike.

I do have a question for you.  What is your ultimate goal in writing and recording?  To make money?  Hit records?  Pick up girls?  Self-satisfaction?  I think your answer to that question should go a long way in deciding whether you want to work with a collaborator, whether to sharpen up the song writing or assist in vocals and taking some of the instrumental load, etc.  Just a thought.

EoL

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2015, 05:49:58 AM »

Thanks for listening, I'll send over a code for a better copy so you can have a proper listen when you have the time.

I think my reasons for recording are to push myself to new heights and to show others what I can do. I really feel like it's more about writing good songs that
people will like than money or anything like that. Ex. If I could give away a song for free the people would love to sing, I'd be more than happy.

Thanks again! -Mike

orange22
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2015, 12:45:39 AM »

Wow, decent effort on this mike. I didn't listen to everything, but the overall aesthetic is very nice and your vocals are great. What mic do you use?
Did you intend this as a complete piece when you wrote the songs, or is it more of just a collection?
FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 07:30:42 AM »

Thanks man. It's a bit more disjointed than past work from me but the heart of it all is really in the same place. I'm using an MXL 770. Love it.

Thanks for listening, hopefully you can get a full listen in too! 

FatherOfTheMan Sr101
Smiley Smile Associate

I made a game

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 06:35:56 PM »

Hey guys, I'm at a bit of a crossroads with music making and I'm moving on to my next album, just wanted to see if anyone else could give me some feedback? Sorry for the bump! Thanks guys! I really value the feedback!

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2016, 10:43:14 AM »

I was listening to some of your music just this morning.  Played "Music Box"  "Love Me, Baby" and "Gone Away" - all very promising. -Will

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 10:58:05 AM »

I was listening to those on your SoundCloud, which I have bookmarked.  I listened to this album when you first posted.  I don't have enough time in the day to comment on everything I hear.

But.  A quick review.  "Maybe"  "Please"  "See the Future" and "Friends" are my favorites.  Listened to your earlier tracks as well.
You are doing just fine.  You're only 18.  Keep it Up. -Will

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx