-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:31:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Bellagio 10452
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  To all my friends here...
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: To all my friends here...  (Read 23842 times)
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2015, 12:29:44 PM »

Sigh...We have proven that members of the Smiley Smile message board can even ruin joyful Christmas wishes with unnecessary backbiting.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2015, 12:34:02 PM »

Say what you want during the holidays; if someone chooses to be offended that's on him or her.
We have different ideas of our social obligations.
If someone says Merry Christmas to you and you don't celebrate, then just ignore it. Who would ever say it and mean it to be offensive? You take it in the spirit it was given. If someone wished me a Happy Hanukkah or a Happy Kwanzaa I would take no offense to it. I know they mean it in the best possible way.   Smiley
That's good for you. You should not take offense. I agree.
None-the-less, given that I know some people do take offense, I am not offended by being asked to make a minor change in my behavior, one that doesn't hurt me in the least, to accommodate them.
Evidently some people take unwarranted offense as much as the people they finger-wag at for taking offense.

Evidently!

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
NHC
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2015, 12:36:50 PM »

Say what you want during the holidays; if someone chooses to be offended that's on him or her.

Exactly. Thank you. Its Christmas whether you celebrate it or not (which I do).  Ignore the perpetually-offended class. Merry Christmas.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2015, 12:48:14 PM »

Exactly. Thank you. Its Christmas whether you celebrate it or not (which I do).  Ignore the perpetually-offended class. Merry Christmas.
Would the perpetually-offended class include those who start multiple threads in the sand-box with news items that offend them?
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2015, 12:49:27 PM »

My religion revolves around celebrating Yule. My culture revolves around celebrating Christmas. I can deal with that. Then again, I don't look for reasons to choose to be offended.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2015, 12:50:27 PM »

Would the perpetually-offended class include those who start multiple threads in the sand-box with news items that offend them?

In order to be offended one must choose to be offended. There is no other way around it.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Gerry
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2015, 12:51:17 PM »

Great , so now people are arguing over which greeting to use. More often than not this is a maddening place.Happy Festivus.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2015, 12:52:11 PM »

In order to be offended one must choose to be offended. There is no other way around it.
So choose to stop being offended by other people being offended.
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2015, 12:55:45 PM »

If someone says Merry Christmas to you and you don't celebrate, then just ignore it. Who would ever say it and mean it to be offensive? You take it in the spirit it was given. If someone wished me a Happy Hanukkah or a Happy Kwanzaa I would take no offense to it. I know they mean it in the best possible way.   Smiley

This.

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2015, 01:07:14 PM »

A very Merry Christmas, or if you're in the colonies, Happy Holidays. Somewhat early, I grant, but from tomorrow afternoon, I'll be somewhat otherwise preoccupied ingesting truly industrial quantities of food that's really bad for me, having more fun than is strictly advisable for someone of my advanced years - in fact, generally enjoying the hell out of the season. I hope you do too. You probably deserve it. I damn well do.  Old Man

Been a helluva year, both here and out in the Real World: zeniths, nadirs and a truckload of stuff intervening. The 60 Thing wasn't too bad after all. Here's to 61, and 16, and 66 - so much to anticipate. So, again, to all the good people here, Seasons Greetings, and may Santa have read your letter.

And Merry Christmas to you too, AGD, and all here.

The colonies where I am are starting to go OFF - hot weather, sunshine - the big day forecast is 33 (celsius, peeps) and sunny: I'll have to shelve that red wine and crack-out the cold ones instead.  Also sparing a thought for those who've been affected by recent and current bush fires these holidays.

Santa definitely read my letter; there's some Dylan action a-comin' my way - enjoy - A

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2015, 01:09:57 PM »

Seriously, what is wrong with some of you ?  If this is how you elect to perceive a simple seasonal greeting then I pity you for your meanness of spirit.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2015, 01:13:20 PM »

Seriously, what is wrong with some of you ?  If this is how you elect to perceive a simple seasonal greeting then I pity you for your meanness of spirit.
You stopped my response in its tracks.
The Cincinnati Kid
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2015, 01:21:06 PM »

This.

Agreed!  Merry Christmas everyone!
adamghost
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2015, 01:21:59 PM »

It's the heart that counts.  Happy holidays to all.
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2015, 01:24:26 PM »

Good tidings we bring to you and your kin, we wish you a merry everything and a happy new year. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
Cool Cool Water
Smiley Smile Associate

Don't Edit Yourself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2015, 01:35:34 PM »

A very Merry Christmas, or if you're in the colonies, Happy Holidays. Somewhat early, I grant, but from tomorrow afternoon, I'll be somewhat otherwise preoccupied ingesting truly industrial quantities of food that's really bad for me, having more fun than is strictly advisable for someone of my advanced years - in fact, generally enjoying the hell out of the season. I hope you do too. You probably deserve it. I damn well do.  Old Man

Been a helluva year, both here and out in the Real World: zeniths, nadirs and a truckload of stuff intervening. The 60 Thing wasn't too bad after all. Here's to 61, and 16, and 66 - so much to anticipate. So, again, to all the good people here, Seasons Greetings, and may Santa have read your letter.

Have an excellent Christmas, Andrew. Happy Xmas and new year to everyone.  Smiley
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2015, 01:38:39 PM »

Seriously, what is wrong with some of you ?  If this is how you elect to perceive a simple seasonal greeting then I pity you for your meanness of spirit.

Agreed.

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate Christmas, Happy Holidays to those who do not, and for anyone else in between, enjoy the rest of the year.

^Now if THAT offends anyone, well, namaste and good night.

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2015, 01:45:27 PM »

Great , so now people are arguing over which greeting to use. More often than not this is a maddening place. Happy Festivus.
For the rest of us. Wink

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
Amen.  ---hypehat
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2015, 01:45:49 PM »

LOL

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Alan Smith
Smiley Smile Associate

I'm still here bitches and I know everything. –A

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2015, 01:52:43 PM »

Yes, Merry Christmas (or Merry Whomas for those Doctor Who fans among us) to everyone here! I hope everyone has a great one.

River Song heavy xmas special - such a treat!  Rock!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 01:53:43 PM by Alan Smith » Logged

ESQ - Subscribe Now!!!

A new Beach Boys forum is here! http://beachboys.boards.net/
Competition Clutch
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2015, 03:52:47 PM »

Merry Christmas, AGD.   You are a Hall of Fame contributor here.  Every post worth reading.
ESQ Editor
Honored Guest

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2015, 03:58:24 PM »

Merry Christmas AGD.
ChicagoAnn
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2015, 03:59:05 PM »

Happy and Merry, everyone!

I've learned a lot from reading this board and for that, I thank you all.
The Shift
Smiley Smile Associate

Biding time

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2015, 04:43:34 PM »

Happy Christmas Holiday one and all… here in Stainforth we'll be sacrificing the traditional goat to welcome the lengthening days … y'all are welcome to the roast!

Love and peace, friends!

“We live in divisive times.”
Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2015, 05:46:40 PM »

Ya Andrew...There are a couple of things on the old board which are either hard to ignore or worthy of a response.  This would be the latter.  Have a great Christmas.  Mine'll be a green one.  Doubtful that the membership can make it snow here.  But *WE* used to back in the day didn't we?

All the best to all the fans.  Thankyou too to those who enlighten.

Thanks as well to our moderators.  Have a fantastic holiday and ALL the best next year.  I'm sure we are all hoping for a few improvements  here and there.  GAWD!!!  We deserve 'em.

Health, love and happiness to ALL.  We all deserve THAT too. Cool Guy

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: