-->
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:01:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
News: Beach Boys Britain
Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  The Smiley Smile Message Board
|-+  Non Smiley Smile Stuff
| |-+  The Sandbox
| | |-+  To all my friends here...
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: To all my friends here...  (Read 23932 times)
Andrew G. Doe
Smiley Smile Associate

The triumph of The Hickey Script !

View Profile WWW
« on: December 22, 2015, 03:18:56 AM »

A very Merry Christmas, or if you're in the colonies, Happy Holidays. Somewhat early, I grant, but from tomorrow afternoon, I'll be somewhat otherwise preoccupied ingesting truly industrial quantities of food that's really bad for me, having more fun than is strictly advisable for someone of my advanced years - in fact, generally enjoying the hell out of the season. I hope you do too. You probably deserve it. I damn well do.  Old Man

Been a helluva year, both here and out in the Real World: zeniths, nadirs and a truckload of stuff intervening. The 60 Thing wasn't too bad after all. Here's to 61, and 16, and 66 - so much to anticipate. So, again, to all the good people here, Seasons Greetings, and may Santa have read your letter.

The four sweetest words in my vocabulary: "This poster is ignored".
Jim Murphy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 04:38:46 AM »

Thank you, Andrew, for the Christmas wishes.  It sounds like you've got a good plan and perspective for the Holidays.

Let me echo Andrew's Christmas good cheer by wishing everyone here a very happy, healthy, and peaceful Christmas & Holiday Season, and all the best for 2016!

Jim
LostArt
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 04:50:39 AM »

Merry Christmas, Andrew, from the 'colonies'.  I hope we all have a wonderful new year, as well.  Peace.
CosmicDancer
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 05:02:25 AM »

Merry Christmas to you as well, Mr. Doe.  Thanks for your contributions around these parts.

The Un-Funny Alliance:  Are you not "good at being funny"?  Join us today in our mission to make the world a less funny place one "easy" fart joke at a time!
filledeplage
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2015, 05:38:40 AM »

A very Merry Christmas, or if you're in the colonies, Happy Holidays. Somewhat early, I grant, but from tomorrow afternoon, I'll be somewhat otherwise preoccupied ingesting truly industrial quantities of food that's really bad for me, having more fun than is strictly advisable for someone of my advanced years - in fact, generally enjoying the hell out of the season. I hope you do too. You probably deserve it. I damn well do.  Old Man

Been a helluva year, both here and out in the Real World: zeniths, nadirs and a truckload of stuff intervening. The 60 Thing wasn't too bad after all. Here's to 61, and 16, and 66 - so much to anticipate. So, again, to all the good people here, Seasons Greetings, and may Santa have read your letter.
Merry Christmas yourself.  Enjoy the holidays.  Brian, Dennis, & Carl
Smilin Ed H
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2015, 06:15:06 AM »

Love, mercy, a merry Christmas and a happy New Year, Andrew - and thanks for your continued input which has considerably enriched my understanding of Brian and the band.
Cyncie
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2015, 06:28:11 AM »

Merry Christmas to Andrew and the Smiley Smile gang. As Tiny Tim said, "God bless us every one."
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2015, 07:55:36 AM »

Merry Christmas, Andrew! In the colonies we're still allowed to say it albeit only on Christmas Eve & Christmas Day. Enjoy the festivities.

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2015, 08:22:00 AM »

Yes, Merry Christmas (or Merry Whomas for those Doctor Who fans among us) to everyone here! I hope everyone has a great one.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2015, 08:52:39 AM »

Merry Christmas Andrew 1.0 but "colonies?" Really?  LOL
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2015, 08:57:20 AM »

Merry Christmas, Andrew!

Btw - there's nothing wrong with saying 'merry Christmas' to those who celebrate Christmas!
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 09:36:45 AM by Emily » Logged
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2015, 08:59:36 AM »

A Happy Christmas to you, Andrew. Not sure what I (and the other board I post on) would do without your Bellagio site and your knowledge in general. Bless you, sir!

Indeed, a Happy Christmas to everyone who posts and/or browses here!   Beer 

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2015, 09:26:46 AM »

Merry Christmas, Andrew!

Btw - there's nothing wrong with sayin 'merry Christmas' to those who celebrate Christmas!

Merry Christmas is ok IF you know the person celebrates Christmas. Otherwise, I'd say Happy Holidays.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2015, 09:36:08 AM »

Merry Christmas, Andrew!

Btw - there's nothing wrong with sayin 'merry Christmas' to those who celebrate Christmas!

Merry Christmas is ok IF you know the person celebrates Christmas. Otherwise, I'd say Happy Holidays.
Yes, that's exactly what I meant.
Douchepool
Smiley Smile Associate

Time to make the chimifuckingchangas.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2015, 09:38:10 AM »

Say what you want during the holidays; if someone chooses to be offended that's on him or her.

The Artist Formerly Known as Deadpool. You may refer to me as such, or as Mr. Pool.

This is also Mr. Pool's Naughty List. Don't end up on here. It will be updated.
Steve Mayo
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2015, 10:06:58 AM »

merry christmas andrew and to everyone here. as for me, for the first time in my life, i'm going away for christmas. leaving tomorrow for las vegas for the holidays. just hope i don't have another heart attack there!  Smiley

moderatorem non facit stultus est ingenio
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2015, 10:14:21 AM »

Say what you want during the holidays; if someone chooses to be offended that's on him or her.
We have different ideas of our social obligations.
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2015, 10:15:11 AM »

merry christmas andrew and to everyone here. as for me, for the first time in my life, i'm going away for christmas. leaving tomorrow for las vegas for the holidays. just hope i don't have another heart attack there!  Smiley
Oy. I hope not!!
Emdeeh
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2015, 10:16:36 AM »

Thank you and Merry Christmas to AGD and all here who celebrate, and Happy Holidays to one and all here!
Mike's Beard
Smiley Smile Associate

Check your privilege. Love & Mercy guys!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2015, 10:31:20 AM »

To one and all...

I'd rather be forced to sleep with Caitlyn Jenner then ever have to listen to NPP again.
the professor
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2015, 10:36:53 AM »

The Professor is listening to Alone on Christmas Day and thinking fondly of all my kind friends here on this list--a soul comfort all year round and this season in particular. Thank you Andrew for starting a gracious message to all.

The Professor

By the way, I wish the BB were together. . . . .
drbeachboy
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2015, 10:59:28 AM »

If someone says Merry Christmas to you and you don't celebrate, then just ignore it. Who would ever say it and mean it to be offensive? You take it in the spirit it was given. If someone wished me a Happy Hanukkah or a Happy Kwanzaa I would take no offense to it. I know they mean it in the best possible way.   Smiley

The Brianista Prayer

Oh Brian
Thou Art In Hawthorne,
Harmonied Be Thy name
Your Kingdom Come,
Your Steak Well Done,
On Stage As It Is In Studio,
Give Us This Day, Our Shortenin' Bread
And Forgive Us Our Bootlegs,
As We Also Have Forgiven Our Wife And Managers,
And Lead Us Not Into Kokomo,
But Deliver Us From Mike Love.
Amen.  ---hypehat
donald
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2015, 11:11:12 AM »

go easy on the ticker Steve and stay off the sidewalks.....I. Hear people are driving on them.....

and a very Merry Christmas to all and to AGD ........thanks to all for sharing all year on this forum...
MarcellaHasDirtyFeet
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2015, 11:16:37 AM »

If someone says Merry Christmas to you and you don't celebrate, then just ignore it. Who would ever say it and mean it to be offensive? You take it in the spirit it was given. If someone wished me a Happy Hanukkah or a Happy Kwanzaa I would take no offense to it. I know they mean it in the best possible way.   Smiley

EVERY. SINGLE. THREAD. Ugh.

Anyway, thanks for getting the ball rolling AGD. Happy holidays everybody! Peace and happiness/Love and mercy!
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2015, 12:26:58 PM »

That's good for you. You should not take offense. I agree.
None-the-less, given that I know some people do take offense, I am not offended by being asked to make a minor change in my behavior, one that doesn't hurt me in the least, to accommodate them.
Evidently some people take unwarranted offense as much as the people they finger-wag at for taking offense.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: