gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680752 Posts in 27615 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims April 20, 2024, 02:01:33 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Guitar boiok or websites for special needs  (Read 1701 times)
Beachlad
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2015, 11:37:05 PM »

My son is 8 <and developmentally delayed>and very musically inclined.  We live in a small apartment and think he would love guitar, I can't play and am developing a neuropathy and cant teach my self. Does anyone know of good sites  or book to help teach him. Big pictures would be the best.\Thank you I know there are a lot of spectacular musicians this site and hope someone may be able to give some advice. I ordered him a cheap starter acoustic.  There is a 50 50 chance that he wil do a Jeff Jarret with the guitar  on my head so I went cheap.
LArry
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

Maybe I put too much faith in atmosphere

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2015, 03:48:32 AM »

My son is 8 <and developmentally delayed>and very musically inclined.  We live in a small apartment and think he would love guitar, I can't play and am developing a neuropathy and cant teach my self. Does anyone know of good sites  or book to help teach him. Big pictures would be the best.\Thank you I know there are a lot of spectacular musicians this site and hope someone may be able to give some advice. I ordered him a cheap starter acoustic.  There is a 50 50 chance that he wil do a Jeff Jarret with the guitar  on my head so I went cheap.
LArry

Sounds like a question for guitarfool2002... 

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
You're Grass and I'm a Power Mower: A Beach Boys Orchestration Web Series
the Carbon Freeze | Eclectic Essays & Art
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 11:51:20 AM »

My son is 8 <and developmentally delayed>and very musically inclined.  We live in a small apartment and think he would love guitar, I can't play and am developing a neuropathy and cant teach my self. Does anyone know of good sites  or book to help teach him. Big pictures would be the best.\Thank you I know there are a lot of spectacular musicians this site and hope someone may be able to give some advice. I ordered him a cheap starter acoustic.  There is a 50 50 chance that he wil do a Jeff Jarret with the guitar  on my head so I went cheap.
LArry

Sounds like a question for guitarfool2002...  

Or another guitarist on board. Unless you've been PM'ed, Beachlad, it would be nice if someone actually answered this...

In the meantime, here are some things I've found:

http://uncletim.com/guitar-lessons/uncle-tims-teaching-center.htm

http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-First-Guitar-Learn-Play/dp/1908707135

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Guitar-Lessons-Kids-Available-Progressive-ebook/dp/B00K86ERK0

I can't advise on any of these, not being a guitarist myself and not knowing the books. Hopefully a guitar-playing poster will take it from here.. :=)
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 03:18:45 PM by john k » Logged

"Ik bun moar een eenvoudige boerenlul en doar schoam ik mien niet veur" (Normaal, 1978)
Sandy Baby
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 09:21:26 PM »

Suggestions:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2/178-3127394-3678840?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=alfreds+kids+guitar+course+
http://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Kids-Leonard-Method-Songbooks/dp/1423464214/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8

Listen, listen, listen...
Wrightfan
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 12:12:37 PM »

I would try searching out youtube tutorials for the basic stuff. Love that you are fostering the power of music with him!
JK
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 02:44:40 AM »

Hi, Beachlad. Are any of these links helpful to you?

Beachlad
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 04:33:16 PM »

I looked through them. I am still trying to figure out what to do.   His hand are so small but he seems to be able to make music out of anything.
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx