gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
680553 Posts in 27596 Topics by 4068 Members - Latest Member: Dae Lims March 19, 2024, 03:16:16 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: ***ANNOUNCEMENT***- New Mod/Rules  (Read 10484 times)
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Pissing off drunks since 1978
Global Moderator

🍦🍦 Pet Demon for Sale - $5 or best offer ☮☮

View Profile WWW
« on: December 18, 2015, 06:57:23 PM »

Those of you who have browsed the updated rules thread may have already noticed this, but for those who haven't...

on the behalf of my fellow mods, we'd like to welcome Lowbacca to the fold as the newest addition to our team.  He's a great guy and really  knows his stuff...

Now where did I leave my spare red carpet....
« Last Edit: December 18, 2015, 07:35:29 PM by ♩♬ Fear 2 Stop ♯♫♩ » Logged

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Emily
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 06:59:05 PM »

I didn't notice. Good on you, Lowbacca.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 07:37:14 PM »

Link to the updated board rules, for those who haven't seen it

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,122.msg552295/topicseen.html#msg552295

Need your song mixed/mastered? Contact me at fear2stop@yahoo.com. Serious inquiries only, please!
Theydon Bois
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 01:27:52 AM »

A quick query about the rules.  When a poster quotes another poster, but alters the quote to say something different (whether for malicious or comedic purposes), is that an offence?  I'm sure that at least one of the moderators has said it is in the past*, but it's not in either the old or the new rules as written.  If doing this will lead to sanctions, could this please be written down, and the parameters laid out?

* Found it:

A very eloquent and gracious post. I'm impressed.

Really, really nice. I'm proud that Mike wrote such a nice thing about his cousin.

Look out - nothing sends this board into meltdown faster than when Mike Love says anything about anything.

Fixed that for you Grin

DON'T EDIT QUOTES OR YOU'LL BE BANNED WITH FIRE

Sooooo true. Kinda amusing that when runners has edited people's posts he gets banned, but I've seen so many other people do that on this board without a peep from the mods. Interesting.

runnersdialzero recently wasn't banned, but warned a few times not to do that again. And the one time he as actually banned for doing so was for a logical reason. Btw, that ban only lasted for a few hours, iicc. After a short mod-discussing, it was changed in a warning as well.

But you're right, sweetdudejim, I probably didn't warn everyone who modified quotes (I miss a post here and there, you know), although in this case the only reason responding a little late is me being away for a few days. There is a difference though between someone modifying quotes with the obvious addition that it's meant to be a joke, or if it's not obvious at all and the original poster is clearly not amused by it.

But for equal treatment reasons I'll say it again:

@ zachrwolfe & MessOfHelp101: please do not modify quotes, even if it's meant to be funny.

Lowbacca
Smiley Smile Associate

please let me wonder

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 05:09:17 AM »

Thank you guys. I love this board and the people. I'll do my best to uphold its awesomeness and civility.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 05:27:25 AM by Lowbacca » Logged
Please delete my account
Smiley Smile Associate

Please delete my account

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 06:30:35 AM »

Congratulations, Lowbacca!

Please delete my account
alf wiedersehen
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 08:56:06 AM »

Of course, the main site is available at www.smileysmile.net.

This remains an integral part of this website.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 08:59:19 AM by Bubbly Waves » Logged
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2015, 09:44:26 AM »

Of course, the main site is available at www.smileysmile.net.

This remains an integral part of this website.

Ahhh...I forgot to edit that out...thanks!

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2015, 08:05:08 AM »

Congrats to Lowbacca!  Great addition to the Mod Team.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 08:10:56 AM »

http://smileysmile.net/board/index.php/topic,122.msg552295/topicseen.html#msg552295

Wait.  What?  This just says you are working on the new rules.

...if you are honest - you have no idea where childhood ends and maturity begins.  It is all endless and all one.  ~ P.L. Travers        And, let's get this out of the way now, everything I post is my opinion.  ~ Will
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 08:59:09 AM »

Wait.  What?  This just says you are working on the new rules.

The rules themselves were updated; the notice at the bottom just says we're still doing some tweaks.

feelsflow
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 09:12:29 AM »

Thanks Billy.  I now see you did it as an edit.  -Will

♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2015, 02:54:07 PM »

I think this is the final revision.

Ovi
Smiley Smile Associate

They know I'm rock 'n' roll through and through.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2015, 04:04:24 AM »

Congrats Low man!
Amanda Hart
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2015, 09:32:44 AM »

Man, the things you miss when you don't log on to the board in almost two weeks...
Custom Machine
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2016, 07:48:22 PM »

Reading the rules, it sounds to me like one moderator can ban someone. Seems to me it should be a majority, which would mean 3 mods would need to be in agreement. Is there a specific rule in place here? For sure, if a member has suddenly said stuff that was way out of line, it would make sense for one mod to do a temporary ban until all 4 mods can be contacted and discuss the issue and make a majority decision.

I'm glad to see (unless I somehow missed it) that the old rule of a third ban would result in a lifetime ban is gone. It didn't make sense in that it did not take into account how long someone had been a member, how frequently they posted, and the seriousness of the infraction that caused a ban. For sure a case by case basis makes a lot of sense in that regard.

Also, the rules might state that a ban will be for a specified period of time, for example two weeks, a month, six months, or a lifetime ban in the case of a very serious infraction or willfully repeated infractions where a member ignores warnings from the mods.

Since the mods are still working on revisions, I sincerely hope that trolling will be an offense that is defined and addressed in the revised rules.

The current rules state that "Private messages will not be read by a moderator unless warranted by the behavior of a board member.  Anyone who becomes a cause for concern due to rude or abusive behavior may have their accounts temporarily frozen and their private and public messages examined to see what final actions should be taken." But in a previous thread Guitarfool2002 stated that the mods have no ability to read private messages. At this point there is confusion among members as to which statement is correct.

Finally, I know that moderating this board is a responsibility that our mods perform for free, and I truly appreciate their efforts, but it would be good to have a section (either in the board rules or another section entitled "How to Contact the Moderators" where a member could be advised of exactly how to contact the mods. Confusion can exist since Billy C generally posts under a name other than Billy C and Smile Holland has been known to on occasion as well. Also, whereas the rules refer to Craig C. as Guitarfool, using his true screen name Guitarfool2002 in the rules would make it easier for newbies or those who don't frequently post.

Again, thanks mods for your efforts. I'm really glad to see the rules being revised. Things have been very calm and collected on the board for the past few weeks, and I hope they stay that way.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2016, 11:44:40 PM »

Thanks for the feedback.

To address the first point...we actually do discuss it prior to making any moves, unless it's something extremely urgent (which isn't often). If that happens, we do end up discussing it, and if the initial action is outvoted, it's overturned.

We don't have the ability to read private messages directly. If the situation warrants it,  we may ask for them to be forwarded to us. To use one example...speaking hypothetically... one member accuses another of  threatening them. Well, we'd need proof before any action was taken. I think Chuck can view them directly, so if it came down to it, we'd ask him to check...to ensure the forwarded messages were what was actually sent, and hadn't been adulterated in any way. Cause if it is found to be false, then obviously that's another issue. Thankfully, it hasn't gotten to THAT point before.

I have to watch what I do at certain times, and there's a reason why I don't post under my own name that much. As I'm working more hours at work, I often check the board there. It's ok (now...) as long as I don't 1)do it while on the phone with a customer  and 2)don't make myself identifiable as an employee.

Anywho, thanks again for the feedback. It is much appreciated.

Lee Marshall
Smiley Smile Associate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2016, 06:41:36 PM »

Well...I'm here to threaten you Billy...and I do so publicly and for all to see.  If I ever run into you ANYWHERE on the face of this planet I'm gonna give you a great big HUG and maybe even a slap on the back for the various and sundry efforts made here.

Best to Lowbacca and all of the mods.  Seems things around here are visibly 'cooler' these days.  'BOUT time.

Oh...and I'm still not a Rocky fan [AT ALL] although Mr. Stalone is, no doubt, a fine fella. Wink

Happy New Year one and all. Cool Guy

"Add Some...Music...To Your Day.  I do.  It's the only way to fly.  Well...what was I gonna put here?  An apple a day keeps the doctor away?  Hum me a few bars."   Lee Marshall [2014]

Donald  TRUMP!  ...  Is TOAST.  "What a disaster."  "Overrated?"... ... ..."BIG LEAGUE."  "Lots of people are saying it"  "I will tell you that."   Collusion, Money Laundering, Treason.   B'Bye Dirty Donnie!!!  Adios!!!  Bon Voyage!!!  Toodles!!!  Move yourself...SPANKY!!!  Jail awaits.  It's NO "Witch Hunt". There IS Collusion...and worse.  The Russian Mafia!!  Conspiracies!!  Fraud!!  This racist is goin' down...and soon.  Good Riddance.  And take the kids.
♩♬🐸 Billy C ♯♫♩🐇
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2016, 06:50:22 PM »

Thanks Lee...greatly appreciate it.

Things do seem chill here lately...I'm digging it.

Happy New Years, all!

gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx